The Belly-Up Tavern -Beware the Purple winged angel-

Started by familyghost, November 28, 2006, 08:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

familyghost

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 09:59:42 PM
"alright so lets get on with it." As a staff appears in his hand with a shimmer of light. "I think that i have the light thing down my now." Starts to walk down. "ohh and Perfection stop it ok?"

At this queue two smaller Perfections appeared on each of Perfections shoulders.  One wearing carboard angel wings and a neon halo and the other in a cheap devil costume. 

"Annoy!  ANNOY!  ANNOY!" The Devil Perfection screamed.

"No, we must accompany them and provide them entertainment and compassion.  And annoy them." The Angel-Perfection said in a chorus like voice.

For a few moments the angel and devil exchanged their ideas before a light bulb appeard over Perfection's head and he brushed the smaller Perfection's away.  "You guys need a BARD!" Perfection spun around several times and ended up in a bad bard costume with a lute and jesters hat.  "I'll join you!  *Once more into the breach my friends!"

====

OOC: Kudos to whoever can tell me where that line is from.

Stygian

Stygian eyed the jumping perfection with one eyebrow raised and very irritated eyes.
   "You're going to keep them out of here by sealing the door with our dead, is that what you're saying? Tell me, have you even read Henry the Fifth?" he said, and tapped a claw beside his glass again, wanting another round.

Boog

Boogey stood up from his stool.
"I would be happy to be of assistance. Although please, warn me before using aforementioned bright light? I'm not too good with it myself lately." At the mention of the critter smashing two clawed tentacles slithered out of his coat and started rubbing together, much like the standard evil villain plotting.

familyghost

Quote from: Stygian on November 29, 2006, 10:21:18 PM
Stygian eyed the jumping perfection with one eyebrow raised and very irritated eyes.
   "You're going to keep them out of here by sealing the door with our dead, is that what you're saying? Tell me, have you even read Henry the Fifth?" he said, and tapped a claw beside his glass again, wanting another round.

Perfection was taken aback for a second.  "How did you get that from... uh what I just said..."

"P, try not to think."
Wraith grumbled and then looked toward Stygian.  "Gremlins aren't very lethal, especially with this crowd, just annoying, like Perfection."

"Yeah what he said!" Perfection beamd oblivious to the insult. "Besides EVERYONE needs a bard." 

Snuggles

"No!... I mean no thank you i think that we already found a bard." Nods to the Boogeyman. "Ummm, what is you name?"

Boog

"My name? Erm..." Boogey looked confused for a second, and again a tentacle appeared from somewhere in his clothing, this time to massage his brow with a rudimentary clawed hand, "Most call me Boogey, I think..." He looked up suddenly in the direction of said tentacle, but it had already disappeared back into his coat. A second of looking confused later he simply shrugged. "Odd. Thought I felt something."

Snuggles

"I have meet odder people on my travels don't worry. Alright I think that we are ready to go" looking around at the amassed people around him.

familyghost

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 10:27:23 PM
"No!... I mean no thank you i think that we already found a bard." Nods to the Boogeyman. "Ummm, what is you name?"

"You... you..." Perfection began to sniffle and tear up.  "I just wanna plaaaaaaaaaaay!"  He then began to throw a fit equivilent to that of a three year old.  

"OK..." Wraith looked at his confusing if not random behavioured friend.  "Spaz you handle them, I'll go get P a coloring book."

"OH!  Colory!"  PErfection's attenion was immediatly diverted.

"Hurry to the back while he's distracted." Spaz whispered.

Snuggles

"Alright." Quickly moving to where they were sent to go. Starting to look around "Ok does anyone see any sign of them."

familyghost

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 10:42:09 PM
"Alright." Quickly moving to where they were sent to go. Starting to look around "Ok does anyone see any sign of them."

OOC: Famous last words.  Also the following imagery will greet all who join the adventure.  I will control the gremlins as you encounter them.  40 Gremlins to go.

As if to answer the kitsune's question Angela came out from a hiding spot under a kitchen counter.  "There are about forty of those little buggers around here.  I shut off the water though so just zap'em with light and round'em up so Perfection..." She noticed the lack of Perfection.  "So I can take them to Perfection to get rid of them and since you didn't bring the lunatic killing them will also work..." She did not seems to happy.  "Just hurry up."

As she hid back under the counter three green reptillian monsters jumped onto it.

"Funny face!" One spat at Boogeyman and the others laughed insanely.

Boog

Boogey merely looked sad, "N-now I'm warning you... I'll-" and then he looked away. Apparantly their words had cut rather deep. However, as he looked away, two tentacles shot out. One sent a curse skittering at one gremlin, and the other merely grabbed another gremlin in the large, unplesant looking talons at the end. No matter where Boogey looks, the tentacles move to stay out of his field of vision and are for the most part noiseless.

Snuggles

"Ok was that really necessary." Then looking at the third one as he got an idea "If you bring out the rest of you kind, i will help you out and have him stop killing you"

Boog

"What was? Killing?" Boogey asked, looking yet more confused. The tentacle holding the gremlin hasn't killed it, merely has it by the throat, and the curse, rather than being lethal, was of bad luck. Worst that could be happening to that gremlin was a series of pratfalls or perhaps part of the ceiling breaking and landing on the irritating beast. The tentacle that threw the curse twisted around behind Boogey until it seemed to form... cursive letters?
Shhhh. We're not here, alright?

familyghost

Quote from: Snuggles on November 29, 2006, 11:05:11 PM
"Ok was that really necessary." Then looking at the third one as he got an idea "If you bring out the rest of you kind, i will help you out and have him stop killing you"

Quote from: Boogeyman on November 29, 2006, 11:11:54 PM
"What was? Killing?" Boogey asked, looking yet more confused. The tentacle holding the gremlin hasn't killed it, merely has it by the throat, and the curse, rather than being lethal, was of bad luck. Worst that could be happening to that gremlin was a series of pratfalls or perhaps part of the ceiling breaking and landing on the irritating beast. The tentacle that threw the curse twisted around behind Boogey until it seemed to form... cursive letters?
Shhhh. We're not here, alright?

The gremlin laughed like an escaped lunatic on helium.  "ChachaCacha no booga!"  The gremlin launched a large butcher knife at Waka.  The other gremlins, after they realized they were still alive joined in the maniacal laughter. 

Snuggles

Waka nods. Then wispers to boogey. "I was trying to bluff my way into doing this easy so go along with it ok?" Then seeing the knife he moves the his staff in front of him self. "Ummm that wasn't nice i think we can go back to the choking now."

familyghost

OOC: Going to get some sleep now.  You guys catch up the action and stuff.

Kitsune Ascendant

*smiles that toothy grin that speaks of horrible cruelty* they get killed by light, huh? this is going to be fun.
[grabbing a few flashlights with her mind, she floats them around the area, chasing the small creatures around as they scream their reptilian heads off. before you know it, she has five or six of them caught in a corner, which she dispatches quickly before going about getting more stuck in that corner]

gotta love telekinesis.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

KarlOmega1

*A human with brown hair and hazel-blue eyes enters the tavern...Immediately he hears something going on in the back...he walks over to the Barkeep and speaks to him*

"I sense some pests in the back area...you need some help ridding them?"

*the human was wearing some sort of "power suit"-like armor and was armed with a Katana and some sort of hi-tech gun...clearly a visiting offworlder*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Stygian

Stygian slams his head into the bardesk, hard. He then grabs the bottle of Jack, and without looking up pours himself another glass. He mutters something, then quickly sweeps the drink down, and bangs his head to the desk again, once more pouring himself another glass. The desk doesn't show a dent yet, but if he keeps that up...

Cogidubnus

There he sat, apparently slipping in and resting on a barstool nearby while the others fought. Wide brim hat, black, with a silver band and buckle, and clothing made from dark cloth: almost a suit, but the jacket was too long for a suit's coat. All around the edges, it was trimmed in a silver, almost a white, yet still delightfully gray. His buttons were silver, and around his neck was a silver chain. Glasses he wore, and dark black in shade, in silver frames. His hair too was a pale shade, and colored a strange grey white.
He patted a black sword by his side, and watched the strange fight unfold...

KarlOmega1

*the human looks at the bat hitting his head against the bardesk*

'Still a little whacked in the head, are ye, Styggy lad?' The human thought...this human remembered the creature from several months back during an incident at a certain living complex...

*the human then turned to the Barkeep*

"Have a Nemesian Blood-sake prepared for me, if you have any bottles of it imported...I'll be in the back helping with the removal of pests. The name is Karl, by the way...Admiral Karl Hestbech"

*little did most people know that Nemesian Blood-sake is made from the Bloodberry...a fruit grown in the realm of the dead/demons...and that it was a demon's drink. Karl, of course is part demon due to assimilation by his Wife, Lilith...a Red Fox Succubus with Black Hair, with green Eyes and a black oriental dress.*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Mel Dragonkitty

The scratched bar in front of Stygian took on a mirror-like finish in which he could see his reflection. The reflection then morphed into that of a white dragon. The reflection rolled it's eyes and then began silently laughing as it began the slow morph back out.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Paladin Sheppard

The door to the taven opened and closed, as a large cloaked (which didn't hide the fact that the wearer had a suit of armor on) figure steped inside. The walking tank marched over to the bar sitting on one of the empty barstools.

"Got any Elven Fyrewine around here?" The wolf said as the cloak's hood fell off revealing rusty brown fur, light brown hair and a pair of blue head wings,  a handle of some sort of weapon stuck up behind his head sheathed down his spine.

familyghost

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on November 30, 2006, 12:32:40 AM
*A human with brown hair and hazel-blue eyes enters the tavern...Immediately he hears something going on in the back...he walks over to the Barkeep and speaks to him*

"I sense some pests in the back area...you need some help ridding them?"

*the human was wearing some sort of "power suit"-like armor and was armed with a Katana and some sort of hi-tech gun...clearly a visiting offworlder*

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on November 30, 2006, 01:02:00 AM
*the human looks at the bat hitting his head against the bardesk*

'Still a little whacked in the head, are ye, Styggy lad?' The human thought...this human remembered the creature from several months back during an incident at a certain living complex...

*the human then turned to the Barkeep*

"Have a Nemesian Blood-sake prepared for me, if you have any bottles of it imported...I'll be in the back helping with the removal of pests. The name is Karl, by the way...Admiral Karl Hestbech"

*little did most people know that Nemesian Blood-sake is made from the Bloodberry...a fruit grown in the realm of the dead/demons...and that it was a demon's drink. Karl, of course is part demon due to assimilation by his Wife, Lilith...a Red Fox Succubus with Black Hair, with green Eyes and a black oriental dress.*

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on November 30, 2006, 09:03:06 AM
The door to the taven opened and closed, as a large cloaked (which didn't hide the fact that the wearer had a suit of armor on) figure steped inside. The walking tank marched over to the bar sitting on one of the empty barstools.

"Got any Elven Fyrewine around here?" The wolf said as the cloak's hood fell off revealing rusty brown fur, light brown hair and a pair of blue head wings, a handle of some sort of weapon stuck up behind his head sheathed down his spine.

OOC: 34 more gremlins

Wraith only arched an eye brow at the armored individual before he spoke. "I think they can handle it."  He then began to search for the rare sake.  "You know we might be fresh out of that, gotta succubus that works weekends and she really digs the stuff..."  Wraith ignored the dragon, after all it hadn't ordered yet, stuffed a coaster under Stygian's head and turned his attention to the closing door and the armor guilded newcomer and his order.  "Should have some in... the... back."  Wraith gave a sheepish look, well as sheepish as a faceless entity could, "You might have to wait a few minutes..."  

Paladin Sheppard

"Oh why's that?"

The wolf incubus reached into his cloak and pulled out a fairly large bag of gold coins and tossed it to the barkeep. "Mind if a run a tab here? Oh and you serve anything food wise?"

Snuggles

"alright i am done with this" The edge of the staff starts to light up getting brighter and brighter and starts to reach out to every inch. of the place. Wispering to the others with them "You might want to close you eyes"

Stygian

Stygian looked up from his coaster at the faceless spectre with dull and sad eyes, darting a look to the side for just a moment before speaking up at the ghost.
   "It's ruined. Ruined, I tell you!" he said, almost whispering but very intently. Then he slammed his head down into the coaster again, and speaking into the desk, ordered anything comestible that came with a bit of fruit and vegetables, but was otherwise as bloody as possible.

While he lay there, his pointed muzzle smeared against the desk, Stygian opened up his mind, or rather the part of his entity that was the equivalent, and a small flickering halo of black and deep crimson, hardly visible in the dim lighting in the bar, appeared around his head. He felt around at the trails, residues and fields of energy that filled the place. There was nothing overwhelming, but there was the chaos and swirl from the backroom, of course, which he promptly shut out as it was too noisy and irrelevant anyway. He was surprised though that the specter immediately in front of him gave off such little emissions. He could barely sense it, even this close. And others who had already revealed their presence seemed elusive as always.

He knew well what he was looking for, as he reached out with that same part of his entity in a mild, careful manner. He gently grazed the environment with it, part like an insect touching its surroundings with its antennae, and partly like the bat he resembled calling out and sensing it from the echo. His mind didn't "touch" anything direcly, just slid over it and felt the reflection of it, the glow that bounced back from its presence. When it swept over the spectre, Stygian nearly laughed to himself. The thing didn't give out that much emissions, but it cast back every "echo" he sent out as if it were solid steel, refusing even the smallest interference. His mind searched on.
   It did not take long to find what he was really searching for; another flowing shape of sorts, a form and a stream at once, that he recognized came to his awareness. He stretched his mind for it, a bit more intently...

From somwhere undeterminable, just behind her shoulder and at the same time echoing from afar, Mel heard a low voice speaking to her.
   Hey there, Kitty. How have things been since last?

Mel Dragonkitty

On the barstool beside Stygian phased in a little white feline, smile first like the Cheshire cat. Delicate and fluffy with wide blue eyes she looked like the sort of person who needed to stay away from bars for her own safety. And absolutely the last person you'd expect to have enough in common with Stygian to get past hello. Seeing him face down and unable to appreciate her arrival she dropped the feline illusion becoming a pearlescent white dragon. "The information business is alway booming. I never run out of memories to plunder. You, on the other hand, look like you don't have nearly enough things to keep you occupied."

Mel switched her smile to the barkeep, "Whatever you have with the highest alcohol content, please." She looked disapprovingly at the tired little basket of stale popcorn by her elbow. With a tap of a claw against the side of the basket the contents changed to uncut gems. She scooped up a handful and began popping them in her mouth one at a time, crunching loudly.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Stygian

Stygian looked up from the desk and made a low laugh at Mel's comment that managed to sound both amused and also somehow a bit indignant. He made a new pair of ice cubes fly up and drop into his glass, and poured himself more whiskey, taking the glass and holding it in front of him a little, while eyeing the dragon up and down. She hadn't changed, he concluded, along with that he was being rather stupid to think she would.
   "I would hardly say so. In fact I've been swamped with work lately, but now I'm taking a break. Just came back here from home after a little trek over a war world. Horrible. It was good to get to walk familiar streets again. Sal says hi, by the way. She should be around here actually, but I'm leaving her to her own business for now." He raised his glass and downed half, then set it on the coaster. He reached within his curious wrappings, tugging an envelope that was strangely unrumpled from them, and handed it up to Mel.
   "That's what Sathariel owes you. It's a little overpriced as information goes, I'd say. She was really cranky at having to go to SAIA to get it though," he said, and swigged the rest of the glass. "So... what have you been up to then?"

Mel Dragonkitty

"Staying out of Grandmother's sight for the moment. Little incident with selling plans for forbidden technology. Quite amusing but the Grand One didn't think so." The dragon shuddered. "Didn't think she'd leave a scale on me when she found out I sold it for half price. She never counts the amusement value. And it's not like I can't sell it to them again in four or five hundred years when they get back to where they were last year. But the upshot is that I have a century or so to kill until her temper cools unless one of my cousins manages to annoy her even worse."