TRON Universe- CWM Version (OOC thread)

Started by KarlOmega1, December 14, 2006, 01:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

Note- This forums version will allow furres to join in (in other words, it will not be a humans only RP).

Name of RP: TRON Universe
Place of RP Plot: Mostly inside the Net or in a computer.
Story: 15 years after the FCON Scandal (If you played TRON 2.0 for PC/Xbox, you'd know what I'm talking about), Alan Bradley's Digitization tech has spread all over the world...however, it spread with a price. Wars are no longer fought in the real world...instead, Users digitize themselves and terrorists make viruses to wage war on the Net...
How to Play- You must take the format of either one of these to play as:

-User (Hero, or dark)
-Virus/viral programs
-Security programs (Intrusion Countermeasure Programs[or ICPs for short], others)
-Gamebots (usually seen in the game grids)

---------------

As you know, this is a fan RP (because a fan started this RP)...in this RP, you can earn exp points by completing tasks, defeating enemies, and finding exp powerups

------------------

As you know, the disc is the usual starter for a primary weapon here...it can be used for offense and defense...you can choose what types of secondary weapons you can use (I'm not going to make a total ripoff of TRON 2.0,). The Disc causes no energy drain on you...however some other weapons will, except for melee weapons (tasers excluded...they have to get energy from somewhere).

--------------

Now...Skills will be called Subroutines (only this time the Alpha, Beta, and Gold levels of the subroutines will be determined by number of points you put in them)

effectiveness levels-
-Alpha (lowest): 1-10 points.
-Beta (med): 11-20 points.
-Gold (highest) 21-30+ points.

-------------

In this RP you'll encounter both Hostile and non-hostile NPCs (these are controlled only by the GM [Game Master- the maker/ref of the RP]. You cannot de-rez (aka delete, kill) non-hostile NPCs...if you do, you'll automatically be De-rezzed and you'll have to re-rez at the last spot you saved at.

-------------

Character Sheet layout is when I post next time...don't want to make this post too long.

EDIT> also, for each user-class player character I will run an algorithm check at their start. (checks if Correction algorithms function properly...if fail, user changes class to Viral program).

Edit, Again> here is some info I should add since someone ask me questions.

The disc is basically shaped like a Frisbee, you can throw it to attack opponents and use it as a shield to block shots at you (mind you... the disc is shaped like a Frisbee and the size of one, so it must be aligned with the opponents shot/ disc path in order to block it). the disc can also act like a boomerang so it comes back to it's owner.

Secondary weapons...Gun-like items, explosive projectiles, Health/Eng. drainers, etc. weapons that you find and cannot equip (due to character level or are already equipped) will go into the weapons section of your inventory.

Subroutines will be based on Character class and personal ideas...so it means you have to think of somethings that matches your class...however all will require a "Jumping" Subroutine (and the non-viral classes will have virus filter, disinfect, and scan subroutines. Viral classes won't have them). these subroutines will be split into three categories:

-Offensive (will allow weapons masteries to be put here)
-Defensive(Virus Filter goes here)
-Utility(Jumping, disinfect, Scan goes here).

I might as well teach you what the Subroutines I mentioned do:

-Jumping: each point into this will allow you to jump higher (and farther)...2 feet per point to be exact.
-Virus filter: each point into this will decrease the chance that a virus attack will infect you. when subroutine is maxed, you only have a 5% chance of getting infected (must allow at least a chance, shouldn't I?)
-Disinfect: in the event you do get infected, each point into this will cause the infection to be cleaned up (each point in other words will reduce the infection duration).when subroutine is maxed, disinfection is almost instantaneous.
-Scan: this subroutine scans any Archive bin (this RP's version of a chest) for any items (and will scan the items your opponent drops) that might have a viral hitchhiker on them. if one is detected and you pick it up, each point into this will clean up the item. when subroutine is maxed, disinfection is almost instantaneous.

okay...here another part you should know...points into an Offensive subroutine will increase the ATK Damage and ATK rating of attacks (in a weapon mastery, it will boost ATK Damage and Rating if you're equipped with that type of weapon[lets say your weapon normally adds 1min/5 max to Atk Damage and 3 to atk Rating, this type of subroutine will increase your Atk Damage/rating by a percentage of that.Max out subroutine will increase Atk Damage/Rating by 300% of weapon's]. in an effect attack [say like "infection"] will add a certain amount of effect damage to your attack [in this rp, the examples are confusion, increased Fragmenting {causes more chance of fragmenting to your opponents equipped items, items lose durability}, infection {only Virus-class has this subroutine,it increases infection power behind a viruses attack <loss of opponent's HP er sec of infection> } ] )...points into a Defensive Subroutine will increase defensive power they have (in an equipped item mastery [like armor, helmet, boots, Gloves], it will increase your Defense Rating by a percentage of the item you're equipped with [lets say you're wearing a type of armor that that has a Defense value of 30, it will increase your def. rating by a percentage of that. Max out the subroutine and it will increase your Def.rating by 300% of that item].

------------------------

one more thing, Energy (besides being used by non-melee weapons) can be used for Currency...it can also be refilled by Source pools, energy patches, and Energy reservoirs that Hostile NPCs will also drop with any items.

Health can be refilled by Health patches and Source pools.
------------------------

OK on to Character sheet:

Name:
Class:
Color Palette: (ICPs are usually red)
Appearance: (basically what you look like, can look like any other species than Humanoid if you like)
Currently Equipped: (Weapons, Armors, helmets, boots, and gloves)
Personality: (Programs have gained personalities over the years)

Stats: (you will have 45 points to spend on these for starting)

STR(ENGTH)- each point into this will bring atk Damage up by 1 to min damage and 3 to max damage.

DEX(TERITY)- each point increases attack rating by 4 and defense rating by 2.

HEALTH- each point increases HP by 10.

POWER- each point increases Energy by 10.
------

Subroutines: (you will have 5 points to spend for starting)

Subroutines will be listed like this:

Name-what it does-how much it does it per point(example:Jumping: each point into this will allow you to jump higher [and farther]...2 feet per point to be exact.)-Category.

Inventory will be divided into these sections:

-Weapons (need to state the equipped ones in here as well, with and "-E")
-Protection (Armor, Helmets, gloves, boots[need to state the equipped ones in here as well, with and "-E"])
-Patches (health, energy, vaccine [instantly rids of infection, not recommended for Viral-class], full refill, full heal).
-Key Items. (includes Permissions[which are keys])
-Energy Cubes (if you don't want to spend you're own energy as currency)

*Note: if you're not wearing a helmet, then beware of Head shots...they will certainly deliver a 50% chance of a One-hit De-rez (De-resolution, Deletion). If you are, then it only a 25% chance that you'll receive Critical hit.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

KarlOmega1

Also, calculate your weapons damage and rating, then add that to your Atk Damage Value and Atk Rating value. Add Armor, helmet, gloves and boots defense value to your Defense rating value.
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

i need a recer cahe for my armor. i dobut if i could use custom made becan i'll look like foret if i could
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.

Joshua

This sounds pretty cool. I'll have to think up a character.

Arcalane

What're the limits on starting equipment?

EDIT: If everyone has to take Jumping, I suggest making it a default one-point Subroutine. That way everyone will have it - and those who want to improve it can do so, without forcing people to 'waste' one of their 5 starting points on something they may not much like the appeal of. I can't see ICPs having much use for it. :P

(This would of course introduce a new category of subroutines; Defaults. Basic subroutines that every program is equipped with (such as jumping, etc.) and cannot get rid of. On the other hand, they're free and take up no 'space' to use, assuming there's a limit on the # of subroutines you can run. And yes, I -have- played Tron 2.0. Hated the lightbikes part.)

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Sheridan on December 18, 2006, 03:17:35 PM
What're the limits on starting equipment?

EDIT: If everyone has to take Jumping, I suggest making it a default one-point Subroutine. That way everyone will have it - and those who want to improve it can do so, without forcing people to 'waste' one of their 5 starting points on something they may not much like the appeal of. I can't see ICPs having much use for it. :P

(This would of course introduce a new category of subroutines; Defaults. Basic subroutines that every program is equipped with (such as jumping, etc.) and cannot get rid of. On the other hand, they're free and take up no 'space' to use, assuming there's a limit on the # of subroutines you can run. And yes, I -have- played Tron 2.0. Hated the lightbikes part.)

Starting equippent...the Starter disc will do 10 points damage max- 2 points damage min. Starter secondary can do 8 points damage Max...

Defaults, hmm? sounds like passive skills...jumping can be consider passive...*divides the three categories into two types of subroutines, Default (passive) and Active* ...the passive ones will have an automatic 1 point to them and work in background automaticly...active ones will only work manually. (so each time you jump, the jumping subroutine will enhance your jump).
I'm a Skype User.

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on December 18, 2006, 03:36:06 PMDefaults, hmm? sounds like passive skills...jumping can be consider passive...*divides the three categories into two types of subroutines, Default (passive) and Active* ...the passive ones will have an automatic 1 point to them and work in background automaticly...active ones will only work manually. (so each time you jump, the jumping subroutine will enhance your jump).

Pretty much what I meant. You could also have passive (permanent) and active (temporary) statistic boosters, much like stat buff spells.

A load of examples;
Codebase Upgrade (Passive, +5 HP per point)
Resilience Field (Active, +20 HP per point, consumes x POW per minute until turned off or POW is drained)

Passive Recharger (Passive, +1 POW per point, every ten seconds)
Active Recharger (Active ,+10 POW per point, instant recharge, 300 second cooldown)

Jumping (Passive, +2ft H/V jump distance per point)
Boosterpack (Active, +20ft H/V jump per point, for a single jump, uses up 10+x^2 POW per point per jump)

Perhaps making it so all Active skills require POW to use, and have an ability like Passive Recharger (and Recharge Stations) to allow regeneration of POW. Each would have it's own benefit or downfall, like so;

Jumping is a passive boost, but it doesn't increase it by much per level. Boostpack on the other hand allows you to leap a great distance for very few points, but could consume massive amounts of POW, especially at higher levels.

Passive Recharge draws in a small amount every so often - not much use in a fight, but you can recover faster afterwards. On the other hand, one could use Active Recharger to build up enough power to do a Boosterpack jump if one needed to escape and was critically low on POW. However, it would take 5 minutes before you could use Active Recharger again, making it an emergency use only!

I would also suggest 'capping' POW at the character's POW stat - that way nobody could abuse Active Recharger to gain extra POW to spend. ;)

And one can, of course, opt to create an Energy Cube of a certain denomination manually. Example;

My ICP has 5 points in POW, giving him a total of 50 Energy. I could decide to create an Energy Cube worth 30 units. Upon creation, my ICP's Energy would be reduced to 20, and require recharging. This way I could invest in several Energy Cubes to create an artificial power boost system, somewhat like swapping batteries.

Now my ICP gets into combat with a Virus. He starts with 50 Energy, but expends 40 of that during the fight, leaving him rather low on Energy. He could then consume the previously created Energy Cube to bring his Energy back up by 30, increasing it to 40 - not full capacity, but it's better than running out of power next time he has to fight!

KarlOmega1

Ummm...Sheridan? How would you like to be my Co-GM?

Edit> I could use the help in governing/ref-ing the RP

Some more Edit> You could convert energy into a makeshift Energy patch for when you use it later incase you're fighting. (from either Energy Cubes or your own energy youcan make the makeshift Energy Patch)
I'm a Skype User.

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on December 18, 2006, 04:42:10 PM
Some more Edit> You could convert energy into a makeshift Energy patch for when you use it later incase you're fighting. (from either Energy Cubes or your own energy youcan make the makeshift Energy Patch)

Kinda what I meant. Probably would be a good idea to add an inefficiency, and maybe make it an active subroutine. So my ICP could run said subroutine and convert a 20-point Energy Cube into a 18-point Energy Patch. Or something like that anyway.

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on December 18, 2006, 05:27:30 PMSure thing, Sheridan...

You'll never get anywhere as a DM with an attitude like that, you know. :P

KarlOmega1

What Attitude...oh...you're being funny. hehe.
I'm a Skype User.

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on December 18, 2006, 09:34:49 PM
What Attitude...oh...you're being funny. hehe.

No, I'm not. :P

Just passively agreeing with the players is generally a bad idea, because they'll probably exploit that and try to get away with things. If you're going to DM (I won't be, I don't have the time currently) you have to say "No, I think that's too powerful" or "No, that's too weak".

Call me paranoid, but the players are generally going to end up doing something stupid or overpowered and then by the time you realise what they've done it'll be too late. :P

KarlOmega1

I'll keep that in mind...

Edit> the max Character Experience level will cap at LVL 200...and each time you level up you guys get 5 Stat points to spend and 1 Subroutine point to spend...and each Subroutine maxes out at 30 points...so it wont be too much of a problem to handle someone power boosting.

Also...the makeshift Eng Patch Subroutine will start like this when you spend your 1 point in it:

15 cubes--> 1 EP   ...so if you want to make a 5 EP patch, you'd need to use 75 cubes

each time you spend a point into it will reduce the number of cubes needed to make one EP in a patch...until you reach 15 points in Subroutine:

+1 point in Subroutine= one less cube needed...

when more then 15 points have been spent in subroutine, number of EP per cube rises:

15 Points= 1 cube --> 1 EP
16 points= 1 cube --> 2 EP
30 points (maxed)= 1 cube --> 15 EP

of course the EP Patches can only be used for refilling Energy, not boosting it.

all this can also be applied to a "Makeshift HP Patch" Subroutine...

There...solved your makeshift Patch problem...

More Edit> Also...Recharge Subroutine will only be passive...and first point in it will replenish .5 EP per second...each point after that will boost the rate by .5 Ep per second:

2 points= 1 EP/sec
3 points= 1.5 EP/sec
10 points= 5 EP/second.
30 points (maxed)= 15 EP/sec.

and the active Jump thing...rename it Leap...and recude the increase rate to 5 feet per point.

and the codebase upgrade subroutine (will be passive) will boost health by 5% per point:

1 point= 5% HP bonus
5 points= 25% HP bonus
30 points (maxed)= 150% HP bonus

so lets say you have 2 points in the Subroutine, and your base HP is 150, it'll go like this:

2 points= 10% =.1
150 x .1= 15
150 + 15= 165 HP.

this concept also goes for any Energy Boosting Subroutine...

remember, you can only havew a max of 30 points in each subroutine.
I'm a Skype User.

Arcalane

I mostly meant about the items, which you've mentioned no rules/specifics about yet. ;)

KarlOmega1

Starting equippent...the Starter disc will do 10 points damage max- 2 points damage min. Starter secondary can do 8 points damage Max...

Starting Armor, Helmets, Gloves, and Boots all can add up to 40 Defense Max...no more than that...
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

good thats whats i wanted to know. shall i pot an image as well?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KarlOmega1

sure, post what you'll look like...just remember it has to look like something that came somewhat out of TRON/TRON 2.0...

also, you'll start wit one "50 HP" patch and one "50 EP" patch in the Patches section of your inventory...
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

Well after much talk her his my character for scrutiny. being a user he has standard user abilities as well my fav being the chameleon color change ability.

Name: DGE
Class: user
Color Palette: (ICPs are usually red)  purple(if not then blue)
Appearance: (basically what you look like, can look like any other species than Humanoid if you like) strangely armored human
Currently Equipped: (Weapons, Armors, helmets, boots, and gloves) standards issue with disk and unknown pulse attack that seem to come  form arm
Personality: (Programs have gained personalities over the years) megalomaniac, solitary

Stats: (you will have 45 points to spend on these for starting)

STR(ENGTH)- each point into this will bring atk Damage up by 1 to min damage and 3 to max damage. 10

DEX(TERITY)- each point increases attack rating by 4 and defense rating by 2. 5

HEALTH- each point increases HP by 10.  20
POWER- each point increases Energy by 10. 10

Weapons

Starter disk
Energy pulse

Armor
helmet + 10
armor + 15
gloves + 5
boots +5

Stats
STR:10= 10-30 Damage.
DEX:5= 20 atk rat. 10 def. rat.
HEALTH: 20= 200 HP
POWER:10= 100 EP

Programs
Sneak subroutine is probably what you meant...also good. also...keep the armor and items,
decoy subroutine would make a clone for you that draws the attention of opponents.
Patches
1 "50 HP"
1 "50 EP

KarlOmega1

How much damage behind the Energy pulse (remember the limit behind the damage by starter secondary weapon alone is 8 points max)?
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

as this is a not charge weapon but a rapid fire on e pulse is about 4 points damage. it would have to be upgraded to do more damage. the pulse energy cost is (since it can't be Nil)   2 point per shot being a current max of fifty. when charging becomes available the cost for uncharged drops to one per shot and the damage form uncharged drops to 3 points per shot and charge cost depending or duration a Max cost of 8 energy for well we'll i'm not sure about setting the damage.( depending on what video game you favor the max damage would be vastly different so I'll let you set max damage. this should be expected.)

KarlOmega1

Ok, thanks...

Edit> since this thread is barely getting enough attention to make an RP thread, can one of the mods/admins lock and drop it in the Mine?
I'm a Skype User.

Damaris

Locked, but we'll go ahead and keep it here in case it ever needs to be reopened- it's easier to find threads in this forum than the Mine.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber