Cocky little freaks!!!!

Started by Xuzaf D, September 03, 2006, 03:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

"I do not comprehend."
~Gale's response to almost everything emotional in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

"Don't worry about her. She's just pissed because her girlfriend got killed."
"What is 'pissed'? ....Her girlfriend? ... I do not comprehend."
~Heat and Gale, demonstrating the above, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

"Come to think of it, shouldn't your title say *Demon Queen* Etna?"
"Oh that! I had that hacked a long time ago."
Adell and Etna, Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories

"You have chosen to follow your own will and walk the path of thorns, as I did. In time, your true adversary will appear to you... until then, stay strong..."
~Mystery Voice, No Reason Ending, Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

As promised, quotes from evil Bob Page at the end of Deus Ex:

"Fine.  What do you want?  Money?  You can have VersaLife, the whole damn company.  Power?  I'll get you on Mead's cabinet.  I'm serious.  Just forget about that last reactor..."

"All right.  I get the picture - you want a piece of the pie, or you're going to toss the whole pie out the window.  Fair enough.  You can have anything you want.  How about Europe?  Your own continent... just let me complete my preparations..."

"Go ahead!  Blow this place sky-high.  You might get rid of ME, but you'll take down Aquinas, the power grid... the whole electronic infrastructure!  Is that what you want??  Are you completely nuts?!?"
(If the player shuts down the reactor cooling system.  This is one of three possible endings)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

I got the 3rd of those WITHOUT having shut down any of the reactors. I think it's a locational thing when you get near the reactors. I guess it expects you to go down in a slightly more logical order, shutting down reactors as you go.

~~

<Raiden> "Are you sure you'll have enough for yourself?"
*Snake points at bandanna* "Infinite Ammo."

Ryudo Lee

(Pokey's taunting during the battle with Giygas in EarthBound)

'I understand you guys are already claiming to be heroes.
'Well, it is a gazillion years too early for you to oppose Giygas!
'You must feel pretty stupid to keep fighting without even knowing
'what Giygas looks like!
'If you were to ever see Giygas, you'd be so petrified with fear,
'you'd never be able to run away!
'...That's how scary it is!
'So, do you want me to turn off the "Devil's Machine?"
'Well, prepare to be amazed!

'So, isn't this terrifying?
'I'm terrified, too.
'Giygas cannot think rationally any more,
'and he isn't even aware of what he is doing now.
'His own mind was destroyed by his incredible power.
'What an all-mighty idiot!
'Yep, that's what he is!
'Heh heh heh heh...

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Yugo

"Surrender or die in obscurity!" -Ramza, Final Fantasy Tactics
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

bill

"Now Irale can make a flamethrower for you! You can have such fun! -Weran

If anyone knows what game this is from, they win.

Yugo

bill

You win. *Gives you the prize*

Yugo

Yeah I got a prize! -dances- I haven't played Strife in forever but the only Weran I know of is from Strife so hey. =D

bill

Brilliant game, too. Though the Proving Grounds are crappy.

Janus Whitefurr

"You can't kill the Messiah."
~ Kane, leader of the Brotherhood of Nod, Command & Conquer series.

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth. Bodies in the streets. Cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."
~Paxton Fettel, F.E.A.R, to the main character.

"Welcome back Corporal Kane. May I be the first to say, you look like shit."
~ Sledge, Quake 4, after the main character emerges from the Strogg Medical Facility.

"I don't know what's going to happen now. I'm the one and only keeper of the greatest secret in the universe. What should I do with all that power? Forget it? Put it in the service of humanity? I've never dreamt about being a god. I just want to live my life like anybody else, with my wife and child. I'm afraid that destiny might have another path for me..."
~ Lucas Kane, part of his end monologue, Fahrenheit

...there are a lot of Kanes here....

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ryudo Lee

"I've had it with people whining about 'guns kill people,' guns don't kill people, death kills people.  Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact. You can't die from a bullet. You can die from a cardiac arrest or organ failure or a major hemorrhage, small piece of metal ain't the problem. Besides, I only use my machine-gun in the safety of my own home and car. I ain't hurting nobody. And countries that don't have guns ain't American."
-Chatterbox, the gun caller, GTA3

Kenji

"My favorite saying is 'Sleep on it'. Look it up if you don't understand." ~Dorimon, Digimon DS
"Hey, what day was last Wednesday?"
"Man, I'm not getting enough sleep recently! I slept for only 13 hours last night!" ~ Terriermon, same game
"Do you like baseball? I love it! A baseball's really delicious to eat!" ~ Tokomon, same game

Ryudo Lee

I'm surprised no one's posted random sword-fight insults from Secret of Monkey Island...

Some of my favorites...

"I got this scar on my face during a mighty struggle!"  -  "I hope now you've learned to stop picking your nose!"
"No one's ever drawn blood from me and no one ever will!"  -  "You run THAT fast?"
"My hankercheif will wipe up your blood!"  -  "So you got that job as a janitor after all."
...and probable the most famous of all...
"You fight like a dairy farmer!"  -  "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."
The Secret of Monkey Island, Sword Fighting Insults

Boog

To continue the monkay island silliness...
"My arms have been mistaken for tree trunks!" "A defoliator could really help with that."
"My grandma has stronger arms than you do!" "Coincidentially, she and I both have better bladder control than you."

bill

The Judge from Beneath a Steel Sky. Wow.

"Silence when you speak to me!"
"The counsel earns five points, for a well timed interruption!"
"Counsel, you may start the BONUS ROUND!"
"Howard Hobbins, you have won tonight's star prize! Life imprisonment!"