Howdy All

Started by Cogidubnus, October 22, 2006, 12:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

You may have seen me posting here and there around these fora for a bit now, but I never did make a introduction thread, so here it is.

I stumbled on DMFA a few days ago, and fell in love with it. I figured that it might not be a bad idea to join the forum. Thus far, I've seen nothing but 80's pop culture references, pirates, ninjas, CT emoticons, starcraft references, and repeated allusions to the attractions of communist russia.

This place rules. :boogie

Roureem Egas

In honor of your belated intro, a give you a belated welcome. :>

Since I supposed I ought to clear my vault of random stuff, you can have this octopus's lei.

xHaZxMaTx

If you didn't make an introduction thread, you could have just blended in with the rest of us.  I wouldn't have noticed you were new at all. :lol

Welcome! :)

Cogidubnus

Eh. I figured it was the thing to do.

And, uh, thanks for the lei! I think. Will it kill me? :<

DigitalMan

D: You're a newbie? Well now that changes things!

... No, I guess it doesn't. But it does make me wonder; will you still be getting the coffee cup? *waits to find out*

Oh, right, welcome aboard!

Roureem Egas

No, the lei won't hurt you. I got the thing from this really grumpy octo in a grass skirt that just wouldn't stop grumbling. I got sick of it and kicked it upside the head. All the other octos around just danced the hula in celebration and handed me even more leis. I still got a few more.

Cogidubnus

I shall treasure it with my...well, it'll be in my room, yeah? I'll keep it on the nightstand. Or in the freezer. Probably in the freezer.

Zedd

*comes in wearing a grass skirt* Howdy..Nice to see you...Pleasure to have a new person around here....THough I am getting ill seeing new faces now and then but glad to have you aboard and I will go back to work and help Ink think...*waddles off*

Anara

Hi, welcome to the forum. By now you shouldn't need the normal warnings we give newbies so just stay out of trouble or, if you absolutely must do silly things like eat the muffins, at least make it amusing so we can all laugh and point ;)

Suwako

Welcome, Cogidubnus (thank got for ctrl-c) and welcome to these forums. please beheave like you feel like. However you might get kicked when we don't like it  >:3

anyway, enjoy your stay.

ITOS

Greetings. I am 8 Itos Atio. Since you've already been here a while I guess you're familiar with the various dangers that lurk in this place? :)
This generic comment was brought to you by:

RJ

I welcome and present you with muffins! :rj

Enjoy  :)

Miaka

Rawr.
*tacklehugs*
Hello!
I'm sure you'll figure everything out just fine dude, so....
Have an acorn.
No, no explanation.
You know y'all love me. ^^

Stygian

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 22, 2006, 12:45:45 AM
You may have seen me posting here and there around these fora for a bit now, but I never did make a introduction thread, so here it is.

I stumbled on DMFA a few days ago, and fell in love with it. I figured that it might not be a bad idea to join the forum. Thus far, I've seen nothing but 80's pop culture references, pirates, ninjas, CT emoticons, starcraft references, and repeated allusions to the attractions of communist russia.

This place rules. :boogie

Well... let's see... I'm all for the ninjas and the 80's are always fun to laugh at, but you wouldn't come further from commie Russia than me, and I once abused a cosplayer severely with a plastic lightsaber after being accosted by star-wars fans at a premiere. They left in a hurry.

And as for starcraft... Need I say more than that I am able to pull off a rather nasty Hydralisk imitation, and can flex my nice and long tongue up so that when I speak I sound like I'm infested?

Suddenly, a motley crew of infested terrans and hydralisks pop up behind Stygian, bearing posters that read among other things; DO RUSH!, FOR THE OVERMIND!, and HEADCRABS ARE YOUR FRIENDS!

Castle Pokemetroid

Hi-ya!

Welcome and enjoy this ribbon!

All nebies get one.

LionHeart

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 22, 2006, 12:57:53 AM
... No, I guess it doesn't. But it does make me wonder; will you still be getting the coffee cup? *waits to find out*

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Someone mention coffee mugs?

Ah, so this is why I don't remember seeing your intro thread before. I thought I'd missed it.

Okay, you've been here long enough to know how it all works, so we can skip that part.

And yes, you do get the souvenir coffee mug. Here you go. *hands over a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy.

*waves, and vanishes, leaving only a grin that slowly fades away...*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

DigitalMan

There we go, it's not official without the coffee mug. Makes me wish I made an intro topic. Is there a gift shop where I can get those?

LionHeart

*pops back in*

Gift shop? Not as far as I know... You didn't get one? Oh, that's right, you didn't make an intro thread.

Never mind - here you go. *gives DigitalMan a souvenir coffee mug*

*vanishes again*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Mew Mew Renee

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 22, 2006, 12:48:24 AM
In honor of your belated intro, a give you a belated welcome. :>

Since I supposed I ought to clear my vault of random stuff, you can have this octopus's lei.
I had a horable intro! Ugh! :januscat

Darkmoon

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 22, 2006, 12:57:53 AM
D: You're a newbie? Well now that changes things!

Oh, right, welcome aboard!

I know nothing about that... I have heard about teabagging the newbies... but I think that was something diffferent. ;)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mew Mew Renee

Wha? teabaging newbies?! :giggle

Darkmoon

I believe that is what I typed, yes.

Zedd

Tiger_T

My T is better than yours!

T-bragging
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Darkmoon

(goes into a store and shoplifts tea)

ie: tea-grabbing

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mr T sucks.

.. ie, T-bagging...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

I would appreciate it if you guys would NOT tea bag the noobs, here. :analprobe

Just throwing it out.

Nikki

*once again delivers the first trick/smite*

>:3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Darkmoon

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 28, 2006, 06:17:00 PM
I would appreciate it if you guys would NOT tea bag the noobs, here. :analprobe

Just throwing it out.

Ah, but see, you're the newb. You don't get a vote.

Nikki

I claim to be the official newb-1st-smiter X3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3