10-2-06

Started by GabrielsThoughts, October 01, 2006, 11:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

Thanks Ink. The comment about stabbing in the eye was more of a question than a comment.   Wouldn't the crate have been the more sensible weapon anyway? While it mentions that dragon hide is basicly uncuttable it doesn't say that bones are unbreakable or internal organs are immune to damage. Bludgeoning would be more effective, wouldn't it?

A diver in a chainmail shark suit doesn't have to worry about cuts from shark teeth but jaw pressure can still destroy the underlying structures. Isn't it similar?
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

why but everyone revla in vlionce? here i am in a favored body that was built for vlionce but i desier peice like that phonix that called on dan to save her kingdom of ha'anna for DP again
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

But you got to admit that Abel has a very surprising way to put some serious hurt on Pyro. You saw that knife suddenly appeared out of nowhere. That's a very cool trick...........................

Roureem Egas

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 03, 2006, 08:33:16 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 03, 2006, 12:38:01 AM
I've seen this discussed, but don't recall seeing it secified by Amber... What is the apparent species of Pyro's non-dragon form?

From the looks of it, seems to be a bear.

Pyro's public form struck me more as a dog than anything. [/tangent]

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: e_voyager on October 03, 2006, 11:29:01 AM
why but everyone revla in vlionce?

I wasn't revelling in violence. I was having a science junkie moment. Well, maybe a cartoon pseudo-science moment. I need to know how things work. 
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on October 03, 2006, 11:29:01 AM
why does(?) everyone revel in violence? here i am in a favored body that was built for violence but i desire peace

[Adrian Edmondson voice] Because it would be VERY BORING!

Actually it's more the case that 'cubi can be very violent and I'm trying to understand how they work.  I do find too much violence to be rather off-putting.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nikki

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 03, 2006, 02:07:39 PM
I've seen this discussed, but don't recall seeing it secified by Amber... What is the apparent species of Pyro's non-dragon form?

Za? i thought of a fluffy otter :3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Saist

I thought that Pyro's species as a Non-Dragon was supposed to be a mystery? As in nobody knows what he's supposed to be...

I don't suppose somebody can track down the original Pyroduck's response on the older forums?

ah, here we go: http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=002264;p=1

And here too : http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=001849;p=1

And here as well : http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=000710#000000

and Pyro himself only had 8 total posts on the old forum. This one is interesting:  http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=000020#000010

Anyways, it's an intentional mystery that nobody knows quite what Pyroduck's "non-dragon" form is.

e_voyager

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on October 03, 2006, 02:38:08 PM

I wasn't revelling in violence. I was having a science junkie moment. Well, maybe a cartoon pseudo-science moment. I need to know how things work.

i so know how you feel i am like that myself. how does iron man's armor stay charged the way he fights? how does the hulk's body stand the stress of his power? and the like. here i here tried to figure of how eye beams worked.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zedd

Well I know how the hulks body works..Just ask doctor science and you see how he heals Crazy isnt it?  >:3

thegayhare

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 02, 2006, 12:39:55 AM
In other news, I think we have even more proof Abel isn't gay, for those of you who still don't believe otherwise.

I don't see where your getting that.

his reaction to this just goes to prove he hadn't read Pyro's mind and had no I dea what was going on.  He just came in on the punchline with out hearing the build up. 

e_voyager

aw hugs hare. you really hang on until the end don't you hare as for whether able is gay or not... we'll know soon enough.

also that could be banner healing into hulk. it happened in a lot of comics some tried to kill banner and he hulks out to survive like when he held the exploding grenade and  was badly badly wounded only to hulk out as Betty cried over his mangled barely alive body.

Aridas

What do you mean "soon enough"? As if the biggest clue hasn't already been put out almost from the beginning...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 03, 2006, 07:46:20 PM
What do you mean "soon enough"? As if the biggest clue hasn't already been put out almost from the beginning...

To be honest, even going back over the strips, I don't quite know what you mean here. 

Here's a bundle of things which suggest to me that he isn't exactly straight, in order of appearance.  I'm sticking only to items in the strip, not possibly-bogus comments from the Circle:
* His outlandish, over-the-top dress style
* He calls Dan 'sugar-fluff'
* After the bat incident he becomes extremely protective of Dan, although this might simply be that he owes the Ti'Fionas big, as speculated earlier in the other forum.
* When Nirfy kisses and hugs him, Abel goes utterly berserk and tries to rid himself of 'the taint'.
* When Dan goes to bed, Abel stands there looking at him with a big grin on his face and then makes suggestive comments.  IIRC this strip was about the time people began to speculate in earnest.
* In the bathroom Abel strips Dan naked(!)
* Abel's encounter with Jyrras.  Nothing definite, but the body language is.. questionable.

It occurs to me that you might be referring to the fact that Abel has driven away many roommates.  This could go both ways - he might have been trying to get rid of them, but his remark about 'always being friendly and helpful' implies that he might have been trying to be 'over-friendly'.

Of course the third possibility is that he simply isn't interested in anyone and prefers to remain alone.

thegayhare

Quote from: e_voyager on October 03, 2006, 07:31:24 PM
aw hugs hare. you really hang on until the end don't you hare as for whether able is gay or not... we'll know soon enough.

truthfuly I'm pretty sure I know where Abel falls sexualy but pointing out that Abel being shocked about dan in drag proves nothing.  not all gay people are into drag, not all people into drag are gay.  like I said all this proves is that Abel had no Idea what was going on and was caught off guard.

Kenji

Quote from: thegayhare on October 03, 2006, 08:51:57 PM

truthfuly I'm pretty sure I know where Abel falls sexualy but pointing out that Abel being shocked about dan in drag proves nothing.  not all gay people are into drag, not all people into drag are gay.  like I said all this proves is that Abel had no Idea what was going on and was caught off guard.

Only one way to settle this: Have Jy, Dan, and some of the male forum peeps put on a "fashion show" for Abel. Then his thoughts on the subject will truly be revealed. I vote we have Nirfy and Amber on the voting team with Abel.

Zedd

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 03, 2006, 08:56:40 PM

truthfuly I'm pretty sure I know where Abel falls sexualy but pointing out that Abel being shocked about dan in drag proves nothing. not all gay people are into drag, not all people into drag are gay. like I said all this proves is that Abel had no Idea what was going on and was caught off guard.

Only one way to settle this: Have Jy, Dan, and some of the male forum peeps put on a "fashion show" for Abel. Then his thoughts on the subject will truly be revealed. I vote we have Nirfy and Amber on the voting team with Abel.

I second that note....

Alan Garou

Quote from: Zedd on October 03, 2006, 09:20:37 PM

truthfuly I'm pretty sure I know where Abel falls sexualy but pointing out that Abel being shocked about dan in drag proves nothing. not all gay people are into drag, not all people into drag are gay. like I said all this proves is that Abel had no Idea what was going on and was caught off guard.

I second that note....
Well, count me in. I've already gone through the trauma of being forced into a pink dress. I'll go find my Egyptian loincloth and eye-shadow.  ;)

willow186129

Quote from: Zedd on October 03, 2006, 09:20:37 PM

I second that note....

Thriced! *raises hand*

Aridas

At one point wasn't there a comic with Abel taking off his pants to prove a point? I forget what he said but I swear he was addressing the girls. Otherwise, there isn't any actual proof that he's gay. eccentric maybe, effeminate possibly, but he's not gay until we see the nasty. And we won't.

Besides, there was a part of Abel's Story that did a good job of scaring the gay out of him, if he ever had it in the first place.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2006, 08:17:22 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 03, 2006, 07:46:20 PM

To be honest, even going back over the strips, I don't quite know what you mean here. 

Here's a bundle of things which suggest to me that he isn't exactly straight, in order of appearance.  I'm sticking only to items in the strip, not possibly-bogus comments from the Circle:
* His outlandish, over-the-top dress style
* He calls Dan 'sugar-fluff'
* After the bat incident he becomes extremely protective of Dan, although this might simply be that he owes the Ti'Fionas big, as speculated earlier in the other forum.
* When Nirfy kisses and hugs him, Abel goes utterly berserk and tries to rid himself of 'the taint'.
* When Dan goes to bed, Abel stands there looking at him with a big grin on his face and then makes suggestive comments.  IIRC this strip was about the time people began to speculate in earnest.
* In the bathroom Abel strips Dan naked(!)
* Abel's encounter with Jyrras.  Nothing definite, but the body language is.. questionable.

It occurs to me that you might be referring to the fact that Abel has driven away many roommates.  This could go both ways - he might have been trying to get rid of them, but his remark about 'always being friendly and helpful' implies that he might have been trying to be 'over-friendly'.

Of course the third possibility is that he simply isn't interested in anyone and prefers to remain alone.

I find those to be rather weak reasons.

In most of the cases, he has Dan as an audience, and I rather feel he's having Dan on; humor at the expense of the new guy, as it were.  He could also be acting "over the top" in order to drive Dan (or even people in general) away because he fears emotional attatchment and relationship, not something that would surprise me after the way some people treat him in Able's story.

As for Nirfy, it could be that he really doesn't like her personally, which is reason enough for the reaction in my book.  (Heck, I make that reaction some times with my sisters; it's more for show/all in fun because we all know we really love each other. >:3 )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

Sides we dont even know Abel is gay..Cause that knowagle is left up to the creator and artist herself...And if you dont mind I have a few things to say...

1. Amber will the main god of this univerce she has shared with ourselfs

2. We have no real offical proof of Abel's homosexualitly/sexuality for that matter...Even there are a few inverse inside jokes now and then...But thats just amber for ya people...Get throught it we shall

3. Cause knowlage is power...With that power we may come with our own theories and such but most wont hold much proof in Ambers ways cause I say again..AMber is god and she will always be one step ahead...Unless something has kagged the feelign she might take upon some support with it what we say and do it anyways...

4. And lastly unless it holds up a 50 foot long 2000 pound bar...Heck..She will throw it in anyways cause you know she likes to see the fans happy and proud...Yet really where just the ants who mainly swarm her backyard....And thusly eat up every last sugar cube...And thats all I have to say about that....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 03, 2006, 10:37:26 PM

I find those to be rather weak reasons.

Indeed, and there were a couple of even weaker ones I could have thrown in too. It's more the overall picture.  Now I didn't provide any counterexamples - that's not because I was cherry-picking, but because I couldn't find any.  Feel free to post any I've missed.

In most of the cases, he has Dan as an audience, and I rather feel he's having Dan on; humor at the expense of the new guy, as it were.  He could also be acting "over the top" in order to drive Dan (or even people in general) away because he fears emotional attatchment and relationship, not something that would surprise me after the way some people treat him in Able's story.

Indeed.  As mentioned, that's my alternative hypothesis, although you have done a good job in clarifying it (hey, it was late).

QuoteAs for Nirfy, it could be that he really doesn't like her personally, which is reason enough for the reaction in my book.
Quite.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 03, 2006, 09:54:12 PM
At one point wasn't there a comic with Abel taking off his pants to prove a point?
I forget what he said but I swear he was addressing the girls.

Oh yes.  That was to prove his gender though, not his preferences.  I thought the 'audience' in that case was one each, but I could be wrong.  I'll accept that's about as close as we have to a counterexample.

Otherwise, there isn't any actual proof that he's gay. eccentric maybe, effeminate possibly, but he's not gay until we see the nasty. And we won't.

You don't need to go that far. Vol#200 is one possible way - I can think of a few other ways to prove it without breaking PG, and Amber is a considerably better writer than me.

QuoteBesides, there was a part of Abel's Story that did a good job of scaring the gay out of him, if he ever had it in the first place.
How did I forget that?  That's probably the single most convincing counterargument so far, actually.  But don't forget that he's been in a school filled with weird shapeshifters for 370 years or so - you're going to come out of that a very different person to the one who went in.

All told my personal favourite is actually the 'isolationist' Abel, but it's fun to speculate.

ShiningShadow

I fourth the vote on the fashion show thing. Anyway in the case of Abel and his sexuality I think he's not gay I think he's more leaning on being a bisexual. But this is Amber's creation and she is the only one will tell us in due time on the matter on hand. I think Abel is 100% bi and that's my two cents on this subject..................

Aridas

Oh, and Nirfy (at least in the comic, not sure about "real" nirf) is an evil pouncy-fan-type. There's no worse taint than having that all over you. *shudder* (I probably worded this wrong, but give me a break, the sun's coming up and I haven't slept.)

Oh, and we can't really say anything on his sexuality anyway unless we start to count times he's actually gone out and hit on or otherwise expressed feelings for someone...

Magic

He's definately metrosexual. Here's the catch, so is every other incubus.

Do look that word up in the dictionary if you don't know.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Interestingly, my preferred dictionary (www.dict.org) didn't have it. My less-preferred dictionary (dictionary.reference.com) referred to it as "a heterosexual male who has a strong aesthetic sense and inordinate interest in appearance and style, similar to that of homosexual males" yet wikipedia lists it as "A trait of an urban male of any sexual orientation who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great amount of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle."

I note that dictionary.reference.com assumes that homosexual males have a strong aesthetic sense and inordinate interest in appearance and style...

.. which, of course, leads into a question about what counts as "inordinate" :-)

Always interesting to listen to you, Ink. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 03, 2006, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 03, 2006, 02:07:39 PM

Za? i thought of a fluffy otter :3

Could still be feline. I have two kittens, one of which has similarly coloured fur. *shrug*

We may never know.

Silverfoxr

you all are always thinking that abel is gay - get your minds out of your trousers :D

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 02, 2006, 09:12:21 PM

Yes, but does the Dragon Hide aspect carry over when said dragon is transmogriphied into a furre?  Besides, it's the scales of a dragon which give it it's resiliency to weapons - the hide itself is just flesh, and easily cut (as one may have seen from the Dragonheart movies or Bilbo Baggins vs. Smaug the Dragon).

I was going by Amber's statement that dragons have no physical weaknesses and their hide is impenetrable. As to the furae side, I saw a show Monday night about a prehistoric giant shrew that had bone in it's skin under the fur making it fairly impervious to cave-man tech weapons. Maybe Pyro's a giant shrew.