10-2-06

Started by GabrielsThoughts, October 01, 2006, 11:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

...Za?

NEW FAVORITE SAYING!!

'course, 'Sha!' will always be may second fave X3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

ITOS

:laugh Priceless.

I actually never thought he would do it. It just seems so stupid, even for Dan. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Xss on October 02, 2006, 10:13:01 AM
QuoteQuote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 01, 2006, 11:39:32 PM
Amber's doing this stuff on purpose to embarass the radio project crew.

I think we'll live twisted

Who's doing Dan's voice again...You, Tapewolf?  >:3

James is, but as I mentioned, we could get one of his sisters to do the line if he really isn't able to do it himself.  A little gag I picked up from episode 39a of The Burkiss Way, although we kind of did this for Wildy in the Warrior For Hire arc.

As for 'Za', the only place I've ever seen it used before is Lore's line in #147:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_147.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 02, 2006, 12:39:55 AM
I don't know... It's not like Amber hasn't dressed Dan up as a girl before. I'm sure if Amber really wanted to be evil to the Radio Project she could come up with much worse.

As for my sister recording the lines, I'll have to see what the lines are going to be first (I'm not having my little sister talk about bra sizes).

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 02, 2006, 11:10:19 AM
As for my sister recording the lines, I'll have to see what the lines are going to be first (I'm not having my little sister talk about bra sizes).

Indeed.  If we do go that route, she'll only be doing the lines where he talks to the reporters and the rest will be done in your normal Dan voice.  If Dan started talking about bra sizes to the reporters, Alexsi would crucify him. :P

James StarRunner

And own sister would do the same too.

(Pm'ed ya with an updated pic)

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 02, 2006, 11:29:30 AM
And own sister would do the same too.

(Pm'ed ya with an updated pic)
What I coincidence, I've just replied to last night's message :P  Although this is kind of taking the public thread off-topic.

Quote from: ITOS on October 02, 2006, 10:49:04 AM
:laugh Priceless.
I actually never thought he would do it. It just seems so stupid, even for Dan. :P

With Wildy, I don't think he had any choice..

ITOS

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2006, 11:39:43 AM
With Wildy, I don't think he had any choice..

Ebil.  :U
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Alondro

And thus Dan prevented the murder of a popular character!  He's a hero!  Of course, that is quite overshadowed by the fact that we're now in "Bosum Buddies" territory. 

*Charline sings*  I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life!   :mowhappy

*Charles notes that he is very very old because he remembers that show...*   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

The thing that gets me, is... I'm waiting for Dan to be -so- good that the folks out looking for his sister.... get him instead.

Hilarity shall ensue. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nikki

Either that or Biggs decides to marry both of them >>

SHA!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gildedtongue

I think Abel's mostly creeped out/bewildered that Dan is trying to become his sister.

I mean, that's definately on the "...za?" line of thought.

And... C's, eh?  I Wouldn't've guessed; I wasn't really looking either.

Nikki

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 02, 2006, 12:39:55 AMAmber's doing this stuff on purpose to embarass the radio project crew.

In other news, I think we have even more proof Abel isn't gay, for those of you who still don't believe otherwise.
at least im glad pyro isnot saying anything in this panel  :U

btw, anyone else noticed the sudden change of weapon? turning crates into knifes (or quickly switching between them), that's an interesting trick
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Saist

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 02, 2006, 01:28:30 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 02, 2006, 12:39:55 AMAmber's doing this stuff on purpose to embarass the radio project crew.

In other news, I think we have even more proof Abel isn't gay, for those of you who still don't believe otherwise.

btw, anyone else noticed the sudden change of weapon? turning crates into knifes (or quickly switching between them), that's an interesting trick

I think that is the way Amber is saying that the fight has been going on for a long time.

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 02, 2006, 11:10:19 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 02, 2006, 12:39:55 AM
I don't know... It's not like Amber hasn't dressed Dan up as a girl before. I'm sure if Amber really wanted to be evil to the Radio Project she could come up with much worse.

Oooooh no. You ain't getting out of that easily Mr. Squirrel. You be voicing ALL of Dan's lines :P  and make sure the audio capture is /high/ quality... if only for archives sake.

Sid

Quote from: je.saist on October 02, 2006, 01:36:27 PM

I think that is the way Amber is saying that the fight has been going on for a long time.

Or that it was a box filled with knives :P

(Edit to make the quote shorter and more to the point)
:boogie

Saist

Quote from: Sid on October 02, 2006, 01:38:00 PM

Or that it was a box filled with knives :P

llearch... full of knives??? That... sounds about right.

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: je.saist on October 02, 2006, 01:39:10 PM
llearch... full of knives??? That... sounds about right.

Nah. Having knives floating about is a good way to get arrested over here.

Zedd

You know its nuts you will get in trouble by peoples if the knifes arent 6 inches long

Ted Schiller

(snip)

I think that is the way Amber is saying Abel is trying to kill Pyroduck.   :knifed
Nothing personal, you understand.

With regards,
Ted

admford

Hmmmm... And I guess we get some more dots to try to connect with this comic :P

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol602.jpg
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol605.jpg

ChaoSynergy

In addition to Abel's apparent respect for Dan, I think a bit of "Cubi Brotherly Love" is in effect here.  Since Dan is now an Incubus, Abel probably has the moral concept that he should look out for his fellow man (or in this case, Cubi).

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm more inclined to think that Fa'Lina has suggested that what she offered to do to Dan's spine if he skips class will happen to Abel if Dan isn't there, as well.

I doubt, somehow, that Fa'Lina would take "but he's dead!" as a suitable excuse to let Abel out of the pain....

Zedd

Could someone spare a spine for Dan when he really needs it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 02, 2006, 04:47:24 PM
In addition to Abel's apparent respect for Dan, I think a bit of "Cubi Brotherly Love" is in effect here.  Since Dan is now an Incubus, Abel probably has the moral concept that he should look out for his fellow man (or in this case, Cubi).

I was tending more to the fact that Dan is a young incubus who must be protected at all costs, but yes.  And as Llearch says, Fa'lina will go crazy-ape bonkers if her prize is killed by a dragon ("He must be brought to the academy AT ALL COSTS").  That and the strip would have to be called 'MFA', 'AMFA' or something like that  >:3

What surprises me is Abel's choice of weapon.  Firstly that kind of attack will be very messy in just the sort of way that is known to freak Abel out, and secondly, he doesn't need the knife.
As Amber pointed out when Abel offered to break Merl's neck, in a full attack Abel would have just taken his head clean off with his tentacles.  He was bluffing then, does that mean that the knife is just for show here as well?

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 02, 2006, 05:20:25 PM
What surprises me is Abel's choice of weapon.  Firstly that kind of attack will be very messy in just the sort of way that is known to freak Abel out, and secondly, he doesn't need the knife.
As Amber pointed out when Abel offered to break Merl's neck, in a full attack Abel would have just taken his head clean off with his tentacles.  He was bluffing then, does that mean that the knife is just for show here as well?

Sometimes we do things the old-fashioned way simply for the sake of doing them that way.
I think it has been established that Abel knows enough about magic and Cubi abilities to be able to kill an opponent in a variety of ways (or worse: to make them wish he had just killed them). But sometimes you gotta go back to your roots and do things in a more... solid way. You know... to get that certain feel-good vibe of having accomplished something with your own hands.
:boogie

Manawolf

Full head cleaving would be even messier.  There could be the old snap of the spine, but whatever.

Dakata

Quote from: admford on October 02, 2006, 04:27:02 PMHmmmm... And I guess we get some more dots to try to connect with this comic :P

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol602.jpg
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol605.jpg
...Maybe Dan/Destania's clan (What's it called? Cyra clan? I forget.) is full of femmes and cross-dressing guys? :B

...*Shrug* Dan -does- look kinda pretty in the latest comic. Is he wearing make-up? :B

Kenji

It's a good thing we have Abel, the guy who has physically and mentally harmed Dan, as well as caused him much much strees, to guard Dan. We wouldn't want the slight annoyance known as Pyroduck to do anything.  :bored