How do you add quotes?

Started by MT Hazard, September 25, 2006, 09:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

How do you add quotes from other peoples entries ? the ones in a purple box with 'quote' on the top.

Thanks much
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

You could click on the help link at the top of the page, that would take you to a page that shows you all the other things you can do.

Specifically for quotes, if you click on the "quote" button on the right of someone's post, it does this:
Quote from: MT Hazard on September 25, 2006, 09:56:40 AM
How do you add quotes from other peoples entries ? the ones in a purple box with 'quote' on the top.

Thanks much

Neat, huh?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Thanks, I really should have looked around more. Its good that people can offer advice without getting sarcastic because someone (like me) wasn't paying attention.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Darkmoon

I almost did... trust me, I was this close...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

komissarmakarov

Suuure you were, Comrade, sure you were :P

Darkmoon

Yes, well it looks bad for an Admin to post in a thread "dear lords, ya retard, why don't you just LOOK at the forum before attempting to post"...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Leafar

in welcome threads i always tell people to pm me whatever, whenever they need, have a question, anything at all...
but NO >:3 i want THOUSANDS >:3 of people telling me the EXACT >:3 same thing! :3

bill

If you need to add a quote from, say, another site, just use the

[quote] and [/quote] tags.

Aridas

And if you want to be fancy, add a space after the first quote tag (but not the end tag) like so

quote author=Daddykins

will end up like

Quote from: DaddykinsNO VERONICA! STOP USING MY CREDIT CARDS!

I know you can add a link to another topic too, but i'm too lazy to remember the correct format. You could also add date, but I have no idea what format the date for quotes is in.

bill

Oh, and you can use the code tags to prevent parsing anything, with the exception of code tags.

[quote=Bob's Discount Furniture] [/quote]

Aridas

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 25, 2006, 04:12:55 PM
Oh, and you can use the code tags to prevent parsing anything, with the exception of code tags.

[quote=Bob's Discount Furniture]
[/quote]
That'd be [quote author=Bob's Discount Furniture] [/quote]

bill

Oops. That's how the other forum software worked, but I guess this one's different.