2019-04-23 [DD 123] The fearless vampire hunter

Started by Tapewolf, April 23, 2019, 03:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Does Altair actually dislike vampires?  Come to that, wouldn't it make more sense if they were His children in the first place?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

I can respect disliking zombies since they're soulless rotting smelly killing machines. Altair definitely hates people being killed rather than having more natural deaths, so it makes sense it hate zombies...

...He probably doesn't hate ghosts, but is probably annoyed whenever they escape.

Vampires though... Ra isn't about killing people and I should hope Ophidia isn't either. Since they're sapient, the only thing that makes them more dangerous than the average person is the need to consume blood. Maybe Altair doesn't hate vampires... but Altair followers certainly do if they've tried to hard to destroy proof of their existence. If it was a misapplication of Death Magic they might have the mindset of "something went wrong and you're not supposed to exist so you have to die".
...By Puyon

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Puyon on April 23, 2019, 07:00:28 PM
I can respect disliking zombies since they're soulless rotting smelly killing machines. Altair definitely hates people being killed rather than having more natural deaths, so it makes sense it hate zombies...

...He probably doesn't hate ghosts, but is probably annoyed whenever they escape.

Vampires though... Ra isn't about killing people and I should hope Ophidia isn't either. Since they're sapient, the only thing that makes them more dangerous than the average person is the need to consume blood. Maybe Altair doesn't hate vampires... but Altair followers certainly do if they've tried to hard to destroy proof of their existence. If it was a misapplication of Death Magic they might have the mindset of "something went wrong and you're not supposed to exist so you have to die".

Personally I'd amend that last bit to "you have to die permanently."