2019/04/29 - (RE 63.23) Big Buts

Started by Tapewolf, April 28, 2019, 08:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Jinx' line of "But you're..." seems to be the point of interest here.  It occurs to me that things may get a little awkward for Jinx if a priest of Jude revealed his nature as a trickster, but it is also entirely possible that the the Jude Priest isn't a follower of Jude at all, but a trickster in disguise and Jinx is trying to point this out without compromising himself, or getting a 'cousin' killed.  Tricksters have been known to pose as Jude followers IIRC, and the phrase "Third eyes don't lie" is an interesting choice of wording.

I'm not sure what the situation is regarding Tricksterism in Gardelvia, or what Loki's take on Tricksterism is either, now she's in the pay of one of the higher gods (and theoretically above the bickering between the lower tiers of the pantheon).

A final point on the Jude follower (in the previous page, with colour) is that their outfit looks very similar to Jake's in the opening pages of Fall.  So it's not impossible that they're talking to Tricksterism incarnate.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/MissyMerlin/status/1122666197693026304?s=20 ...yes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

...I guess now we know why he doesn't want Shauni looking at her.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

Well. I don't know why for sure he didn't want Shauni seeing her. I mean, Saturn could have encountered a different Seer any time she left the school. Was there a reason to hide her being the Shadowslayer from her for so long?

Hm... the deal also specified a year... even though The Big Thing is now out, I wonder if it's okay for Shauni to look at her now.
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

Considering Merlin's link, I think it's more likely to hide her not being the Shadowslayer now.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.