Shana Tova with extra H's wherever you'd like to place them

Started by Gabi, September 23, 2006, 09:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

I've long since realized that Hebrew phonetics aren't the same for Spanish and English speakers. But that doesn't matter. I know I'm a bit late, but I was busy earlier and it's technically still Rosh Hashana, so... Happy 5767 to the whole Jewish community!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

xHaZxMaTx

I don't know what this is, but if it brings hapiness to people, then I'm all for it! :)

Happy Rosh Hashana! :D

Netami

Happy birthday, jew year.

xHaZxMaTx

Meh, I don't like the word Jew.  They're Jewish, not Jews.

Netami

Rowne

I share Haz's sentiment.  People deserve to be happy, if they want to be.  Those who want deserve to receive, unless in receiving they take from another, of course.

So indeed, happy Rosh Hashana!  Make it an awesome day.

Damaris

Happy Rosh Hashana, Gabi.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Suwako

Happy Rosh Hashana from me aswel.

King Of Hearts

...and a belated Idl Fitir as well... wait, wrong religion.

Amber Williams

MY FORUM IS FILLED WITH JEWS! :O

....and I think I like it. >:3

Netami

I don't see much Jew Gold for having so many jews.  :rabbi

Gabi

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 24, 2006, 06:06:22 AM
MY FORUM IS FILLED WITH JEWS! :O

....and I think I like it. >:3
And I like the fact that you like it, because I like having you here too. :)

Quote from: Netami on September 24, 2006, 06:07:44 AM
I don't see much Jew Gold for having so many jews.  :rabbi
Hmm... I think I may have a gold necklace somewhere in my room. Does it count?

Zedd

Im not jewish  or any religion to the fact... But happy Rosh Hashana to you Gabs

mini-lion

*quickly googles and expands mind*

happy Rosh Hashana,

komissarmakarov

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 24, 2006, 06:05:07 AM
and a belated Idl Fitir as well

OOC:

Belated? How about way too early- 26 days too early from where I'm posting ;) Ramadhan's just begun, mate!

Aaanyway, happy belated Rosh Hashana to the first People Of The Book, from a member of the last :D

Gabi

Quote from: Komissar Makarov on September 25, 2006, 12:48:36 PM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 24, 2006, 06:05:07 AM
and a belated Idl Fitir as well

OOC:

Belated? How about way too early- 26 days too early from where I'm posting ;) Ramadhan's just begun, mate!

Aaanyway, happy belated Rosh Hashana to the first People Of The Book, from a member of the last :D
I thought communists were against religion as a rule. Who are the last people of The Book?

Anyway, it's too early for the Idl Fitir coming this year, and too late for last year's, isn't it?

komissarmakarov

Well, I did put that OOC at the top, and besides, the Communist leaders were politician enough to allow the people religion if that meant making them easier to control.

As for your last question- well, the term 'People Of The Book' is an Islamic term referring to the peoples who have had sacred scriptures sent down to them from God:, with the most well known being the Jews, who had the Torah, the Christians, who recieved the Bible, and  the final People,, who recieved the Qur'An. ;)

Slavkei

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 23, 2006, 09:22:06 PM
Meh, I don't like the word Jew.  They're Jewish, not Jews.

Uhm.... kay? I call myself a Jew all the time because that's what I am.... is this like a white guy getting offended at the term Black? Because I'm seriously confused...

Edit: Lshana tova! HAPPY JEW YEAR!

Gareeku

Damaris

Komissar-  There should be no "OOC" because character posting is not permitted in the discussion forums.  That's what we've got the RPing forum for, hon.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Damaris

Alondro generally keeps the split personalities to the DMFA forum, which Amber has deemed acceptable.  I haven't ran across any other places, but will say something if I do.  (now, I could have missed some.  I do have to skim a lot.)