9/20/06- FLOSSING CHRIST WE KNOW WHAT HE IS NOW!

Started by Boog, September 19, 2006, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

A dragon,ha? Nice! I do think, though, that a Griffin would have been cooler!  :mowdan

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on September 20, 2006, 02:56:35 PM
A dragon,ha? Nice! I do think, though, that a Griffin would have been cooler!  :mowdan

Well at least Pyroduck isn't a 'cubi Devin.  That would have fallen short of Amber's usual standards.   >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rowne

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 20, 2006, 12:59:16 PM
Sure, if property damage wasn't an issue. ;>.>

I can really see where you're going with that, especially if one of them happens to fall over amidst this bigness contest, crushing Lost Lake in the process.

Pyro: Bahahahahahaha ...nowait, oops.  This isn't good.

Quote from: Cvstos on September 20, 2006, 12:41:34 PMThere are possible solutions to getting out from under Pyroduck, though ...

There's always the possibility that on some level, Abel's playing possum.  After all, he obviously has a low opinion of Dragons, yet this one hasn't harmed him yet.  He likely has a wildcard to play but he's smart enough to wait to see where this is going.

So whilst he likely might have inventive methods of escape, I think he'll play his cards right and exercise patience first.  After that ... well, who knows?

There's also the thought that Abel has spent a few centuries in a college of pervs, which might've coloured his view of reality.  Perhaps he likes being pressured into servi... oh, Azlan already said that.  Amusing vulpine fellow that he is.

Kipiru

Nah! I think everyone knew from the start that Pyro isn't a Cubi! :mowdan

Aridas

Maybe Abel just met Pyro before, and maybe Pyro's just been really obnoxious to him like right now for isntance.

Kipiru

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 20, 2006, 03:05:46 PM
Maybe Abel just met Pyro before, and maybe Pyro's just been really obnoxious to him like right now for isntance.

Good theory.

Rowne

Aridas has a point.

Oh I do hope this makes for amusing odd couple adventures with Pyro and Abel, that would make my day.  Since I'm fond of Abel and I downright adore Pyro (I'm not sure why I like Pyro so much, to be honest ... maybe it's the whole Doctor Who thing, that he's a canine, the golden eyes ... yeah, that might do it).

Maybe they did adventure together at one point for some reason and Pyro was always goofing off and doing things that almost got them killed with frequency.  He does seem the sort.  I'm not sure why I think that either though, to be honest.

So yes, good theory Ari.

Zanna

Hasn't it been said that cubi can essentially read surface thoughts?  Perhaps Abel simply picked up on Pyro's thoughts as he came downstairs, and his response was a rather...vehement refusal.

Of course, I could be--and likely am--wrong.

Kipiru

Or could it be something like Aari having a grudge with Dan! Again a missunderstanding.

Zedd

I wonder what Alexi's reaction to this dragon self

Nino

Quote from: Rowne on September 20, 2006, 03:19:37 PM
(I'm not sure why I like Pyro so much, to be honest ... maybe it's the whole Doctor Who thing, that he's a canine, the golden eyes ... yeah, that might do it).

Canine? But he doesn't have a dog-like face. I always thought that he looked more like a bear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kattuccino on September 20, 2006, 03:51:19 PM
Canine? But he doesn't have a dog-like face. I always thought that he looked more like a bear.

Yes, I'd marked him for a bear.  He's not quite the right shape for a cat (my argument against the 'Devin theory').

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Definitely a bear-like creature, just look at his ears and fur color :mowdan

Nekomancer

Regarding on what other characters might react when finding out about Pyroduck being a dragon. Wildy might be implying that she may already know the rest I have no clue, a safe guess that Mabs probably knows as well and never mentions it because no one bothered to ask.

Kipiru

Come to think of it, now that we know that we know that Pyroduck is a four-leged, fire- breathing beast maybe it would be better if he was to go out with Matilda instead of Dan  :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azlan on September 20, 2006, 02:23:36 PM
Let me restate that... Pyro is trying to make an impression on Abel.  >:3

You know, I'm not sure that's really any better, Azlan. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

A dragon.  :erk

A DRAGON...  :U

A freakin' DRAGON!  Dang, now that came as a bit of a surprise.   :laugh  A time-traveling freakin- DRAGON!

Oy, I feel stupid for once thinking on a bit of misinformation that he was some sort of mustelid...awesome story.  And I LOVE Abel's reaction.   xD
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Alondro

Quote from: Zanna on September 20, 2006, 03:32:51 PM
Hasn't it been said that cubi can essentially read surface thoughts?  Perhaps Abel simply picked up on Pyro's thoughts as he came downstairs...

*Charles enters, dressed as a knight... barely able to walk in the armor, since he's a scrawny nerd weakling*  Of course Abel did!  He read that PYRO ATE ALEXSI!!!  I must avenge her!  *strains mightily to lift a rapier*  Hnnnnngg!  Foresooth foul dragon!  Have at thee!  *He swiftly raises the rapier over his head and, unable to resist the kinetic energy of said movementcrashes backward*  I've fallen and I can't get up...

*Charline takes the challenge offered earlier and attempts to eat Pyro... gnaws on a tail...*  Rar!  *gnaw gnaw gnaw*  Tastes like power!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aridas

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on September 20, 2006, 04:38:11 PM
A dragon. :erk

A DRAGON... :U

A freakin' DRAGON! Dang, now that came as a bit of a surprise. :laugh A time-traveling freakin- DRAGON!

Oy, I feel stupid for once thinking on a bit of misinformation that he was some sort of mustelid...awesome story. And I LOVE Abel's reaction. xD
Then again, I do remember a dream or two on furc where all mustelids looked like dragons... but that's neither here or now >.>

Magic

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 19, 2006, 09:07:49 PM
He's an evil shapeshifting warlock who steals children for experiments. Obviously.

Capital idea, my dear; such a brilliant proposal for my work.

~

Still love the dragon, even though he doesn't quite fit the panel.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Alondro

*Charles, still stuck on his back in the suit of armor, hears Ink's newest plans for abominable activity* D'oh!  Now I have to slay Ink for his crimes after slaying Pyro!  *struggles futily*  Uhm... lil help here?  Come on, I got places to go!  Things to do!  People to slay!   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Hilary

Just when I thought Pyro couldn't get any cooler...

I'm curious about how the dragons are divided up. The dragon pictured in Demonology 101 has a beak, while Pyro's face is horselike. Are there different species of dragons?

Wow. Pyro+duck... I totally should have realized this sooner.
:ape

llearch n'n'daCorna

You mean you didn't have images of duck flambe in your head?

I know I did...

bill

I had a picture of a duck with a Molotov cocktail in my head, to be honest.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Molotov and a flamethrower?

Yeah, I have those ducks round here all the time. Damn nuisance, they keep setting fire to the hide.

rt

joins in the chorus .. a dragon .. well that makes sence .. I knew it all along  :mowwink

Honestly i had never really considered what pyro 'was' very hard .. pyroduck was just pyroduck The duck part did make me wonder once with no bill and all (kind of the brown colour of a duckbilled platapuss though).. but meh 'what's in a name'

Netami

Considering the name stayed true to the original character's namechoice, I never thought people would really want to connect the duck part to anything. I mean, check the earlier comic with cameos from other people from Furcadia. Names back then just weren't very... well, they weren't something suited for a fantasy story. Dark Pegasus is pushing it, even.

terrycloth

Quote from: Nekomancer on September 20, 2006, 04:11:59 PM
Regarding on what other characters might react when finding out about Pyroduck being a dragon. Wildy might be implying that she may already know the rest I have no clue, a safe guess that Mabs probably knows as well and never mentions it because no one bothered to ask.

Dan sure as hell didn't know, given how he feels about dragons. Although apparently he instinctually hates Pyroduck even without knowing?

If Alexsi ever finds out, I imagine she'll be crushed -- after all, a dragon killed her brother. :3

thegayhare

Quote from: Cvstos on September 20, 2006, 01:18:41 PM
Doesn't mean he lacks other tricks.  Those whole move-through-mirrors thing implies some ability to move through solid matter - which would be just the ticket here.  It could be just mirrors, it might not be.  That much was never defined.

actualy he might not have actualy been in the mirror  he could have shapshifted himself down to nearly 2 dimensios and faked the mirror image with his shifting powers. 

or it was a magic mirror

Rowne

Hm, Pyro might just be a Bear then.

There were two reasons I hadn't pinned him as a Bear, he didn't seem to have the bulk for it (perhaps a Bear-like critter but not a Bear specifically?) as Bears are usually portrayed as more beefy and when I think of Pyroduck, the image I oft have in my mind is this one, in which he does look canine-esque.

*Shrug.* Iono what he is.  I just know that he's cute.

----

Oh and just to note, the Devin/Pyro theory was in no way meant to be serious, nor was it meant to represent my own thoughts on the matter.  It was pretty much just a joke because of a few base similarities between the two and even I'd pointed out how unlikely it was.