2016/04/05 [TT #18] Risen

Started by Tapewolf, April 05, 2016, 02:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

http://dhscomix.com/index.php?p=fools12
http://dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=46&p=6

Propaganda aside, that's a rather interesting look at why so many people have a problem with Jake.  And why shadow-puppetry is banned.
He looked better before his body was confiscated, though...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

He certainly looked prettier back then...

A part of me wonders if Jake had a different reason for creating the Living Shadow. Sure, he's a jerk, but he probably would have known there would be some really heavy fallout to creating a creature for the express purpose of slaughtering people.

I wonder if we'll get answers for that this upcoming volume.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on April 05, 2016, 02:29:39 PM

Quite possibly - I've only just noticed that the figure on the cover of the new chapter appears to be the same as the death shadow.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Kind of a loosely related question, but do any of the gods actually give a damn about mortals?

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ZacAttac21

Merlin

Quote from: Puyon on April 05, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
He certainly looked prettier back then...

A part of me wonders if Jake had a different reason for creating the Living Shadow. Sure, he's a jerk, but he probably would have known there would be some really heavy fallout to creating a creature for the express purpose of slaughtering people.

Also he wasn't especially smart at the time and it kills tricksters as well as everybody else, so gg there. We'll see some morrrre details in the next chapter. But a lot of details will only be clear one I like... finish other comics and then can actually do a proper comic about the whole mess.

Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 06, 2016, 12:23:34 AM
Kind of a loosely related question, but do any of the gods actually give a damn about mortals?

Worshippers increase their strength, so they do care in some way. Some care more than others. Levi thinks mortals are just great. But I haven't had any stories that actually involve him much, haha. That's... another story that I need to clear time to do :V

Lying Foo

Would Leviathan have intervened (assuming there had been any germ of truth to the tract) in the destruction of Marlowe, then?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Merlin

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 07, 2016, 02:56:17 AM
Would Leviathan have intervened (assuming there had been any germ of truth to the tract) in the destruction of Marlowe, then?

There's no real truth in the tract - Phoenix is thought of as being scary and possibly vengeful, but he doesn't really get all fire and brimstone on cities. He would definitely not think of Lot as a great guy worthy of being saved (that thing with Lot's daughters, yeesh). But if that were to happen Levi would probably intervene, yes.