2016/04/11 [NG+ 209] The worst dark power

Started by Tapewolf, April 11, 2016, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

The narrative so far has been that you're a dark/light power for life.
But is this true?  A certain princess was able to switch gods just by telling Ceraph to get stuffed.  Would the same work for the moon goddess?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Razmoudah

Also, there is a typo in the first panel.  The speech bubble should probably read "So how long did it take you to get used to this, huh?"  Our artist forgot the 'take' in that.

Puyon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2016, 11:42:41 AM
But is this true?  A certain princess was able to switch gods just by telling Ceraph to get stuffed.  Would the same work for the moon goddess?

A part of me thinks that being a Dark/Light power is drastically different than being a follower of the normal gods. Mainly because they're creation goddesses and are incredibly powerful, and to form a bond with them, you probably have to bind yourself to them your entire life, since Guardians/Champions are also bound to Gaea as long they live (before selecting a new guardian/champion)... a part of me thinks that the symbol of a permanent bond is the markings all servants bear, being the hand marks/face markings for the creation goddesses. I think once you have a marking there's no turning back...

Which might make sense with some of the Magic Gods too! When's Jude follower gets a third eye, chances are they cant un-have the third eye... and the ears with Jake, granted at that point, he'd probably kill you himself if you wanted to stop being a trickster...
...By Puyon

Merlin

Quote from: Razmoudah on April 11, 2016, 12:56:29 PM
Also, there is a typo in the first panel.  The speech bubble should probably read "So how long did it take you to get used to this, huh?"  Our artist forgot the 'take' in that.

Thanks! I've fixed that now

Razmoudah

Quote from: Puyon on April 11, 2016, 09:40:20 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2016, 11:42:41 AM
But is this true?  A certain princess was able to switch gods just by telling Ceraph to get stuffed.  Would the same work for the moon goddess?

A part of me thinks that being a Dark/Light power is drastically different than being a follower of the normal gods. Mainly because they're creation goddesses and are incredibly powerful, and to form a bond with them, you probably have to bind yourself to them your entire life, since Guardians/Champions are also bound to Gaea as long they live (before selecting a new guardian/champion)... a part of me thinks that the symbol of a permanent bond is the markings all servants bear, being the hand marks/face markings for the creation goddesses. I think once you have a marking there's no turning back...

Which might make sense with some of the Magic Gods too! When's Jude follower gets a third eye, chances are they cant un-have the third eye... and the ears with Jake, granted at that point, he'd probably kill you himself if you wanted to stop being a trickster...

Don't forget the clanners of the Elemental Gods.  They're born to their powers, and there hasn't been any indication that they are capable of changing gods either.  I think it's safer to say that if you have some type of altering mark as a sign of the bond then it is for life.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Razmoudah on April 12, 2016, 01:37:55 PM
Don't forget the clanners of the Elemental Gods.  They're born to their powers, and there hasn't been any indication that they are capable of changing gods either.  I think it's safer to say that if you have some type of altering mark as a sign of the bond then it is for life.
A good point.  The fact that Loki isn't a light power despite being brought up as one makes it sound like that is the case.  Which would suck if you don't want to be one.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

Would he?  I thought the reason "cursed" tricksters were in danger was because being outed would damage Jake's narrative... surely hanging up the feathers and leaves would bolster it.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Puyon

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 13, 2016, 05:46:05 AM

Would he?  I thought the reason "cursed" tricksters were in danger was because being outed would damage Jake's narrative... surely hanging up the feathers and leaves would bolster it.

Jake already had a severe reaction to a regular follower converting to Elemental (see: Zamil), imagine one of his favored backing out on him. Yes, he'd kill one of his outted favorites, but if one simply wanted to quit, Jake wouldn't take back that curse. If anything? Having an excuse to kill them would solidify the story of 'yeah, that was a curse'
...By Puyon