2016/04/04 [TT #17] The Unbearable (or Elisha and the Bears)

Started by Tapewolf, April 04, 2016, 08:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

http://dhscomix.com/index.php?p=fools11
http://dhscomix.com/comics/comic.php?v=46&p=5

Another Bible story, this time ch2. verses 23-25 of the Second book of Kings.

Nice cameo from the Fox Guards.  Pity about the children, though...

I always thought this would make an interesting short film, especially if the bears materialise like in Star Trek or something.  And it turns out I'm not alone, there are quite a number of interpretations of this kicking around on youtube.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

...Tape, I'm starting to think you've been reading entirely too much scripture.

EDIT: Wait, did Merlin sneak in an RE cover?  Tricksy, tricksy...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 04, 2016, 08:47:27 AM
...Tape, I'm starting to think you've been reading entirely too much scripture.

Probably.  I was told as a kid that since much of our culture is derived from the Bible, it is necessary to have at least some understanding of it, regardless of whether or not you believe in it.

As it happens I nearly scrapped this script because I remembered that monster summoning is par for the course in DHS-land, which kind of diminishes its effectiveness.  Then Merlin pointed out that you can only summon monsters and not wild animals, so it worked out in the end.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 04, 2016, 08:47:27 AM
EDIT: Wait, did Merlin sneak in an RE cover?  Tricksy, tricksy...

wait what? i'm missing something, i'm not seeing what you're talking about

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 04, 2016, 08:57:18 AM
As it happens I nearly scrapped this script because I remembered that monster summoning is par for the course in DHS-land, which kind of diminishes its effectiveness.  Then Merlin pointed out that you can only summon monsters and not wild animals, so it worked out in the end.

I kinda wonder why monsters can be summoned but not wild animals. Or for that matter, where do the monsters go when they're unsummoned...

Oh well. I just wish Bear summoning was a thing. Something seems more effective about summoning an animal than a monster, and I'm not sure why... imagine summoning a cassowary on someone...
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21