Greetings everyone...

Started by Lomgren, September 11, 2006, 01:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lomgren

Hello everyone, thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself here.  I'm new to the forums here, and joined mainly because of DMFA, which I've been reading for a while now.  And yes, if you frequent the "El Goonish Shive" or "EGS Mayhem" sections of the KeenSpot forums, I am the same Lomgren.  I doubt I'll post with anything like the same frequency here though. :smile

thegayhare

*runs threw on his quest to finish off sir Arthur and his knights when he pauses*

Oh hello sir

*Bows and produces a platter cheesecake and cookies*

Welcome to the forums,  El Goonish Shive eh.  I'm a big fan myself though I don't visit the forums.

I am TGH resident cook and bottle washer,  I'm also the local FBI (federal boy inspector) and you my lad are busted for being male with out a license.  You'll have to stay here under watch till I get back.  we'll be able to sort this whole thing out quickly don't worry but there may be some stiff penalties involved.

*grins and winks*

But for now see you around I've got to see a man about a knight

xHaZxMaTx

Hey, don't let these guys scare you. ;)  People will tell you to 'leave your sanity at the door' or something like that, but they're just being silly. :P

Lomgren

Thanks for the welcome.  *smiles*  Cheescake and cookies?  Sounds good...

And I'd prefer not to have to pay any stiff penalties, heh.  I thought I had my license right here... *starts looking around and checking his pockets*

And sanity?  What sanity?  ;)

xHaZxMaTx

Lomgren

Oh, no worries, I'm generally fairly sane.  Some people may wonder about me saying that, especially what I seem to be known for now over in EGS, but I'll try to at least remember to bring my sanity along with me.

And yes, the reason I got started reading DMFA was because of a forumgoer there.  Having a sig and an avatar based on Jyrras, I eventually had to read it, and I've continued reading it.

RJ

*randomly tackle-hugs, leaves a basket of muffins on the ground, then scampers away*

:rj

Lomgren

Thanks!

*smiles as he is tackle-hugged*

*takes a look at the basket of muffins, seeing what flavors there are*

...and a question I didn't really see answered anywhere.  What is the best way to try and get fanart to Amber, if anyone knows?

Zedd

Well you know there is a few ways to do that...One..Make sure you have cash and oodles of it...

llearch n'n'daCorna

To, not from, Zedd.

Email usually works, Lomgren. Or so she's said.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nikki

Welcome...

*tacklepouncesnugglelick*

yep, he's good  ;)

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, yes. Watch out for those muffins from RJ. They tend to be... slightly sensitive to movement.

Roureem Egas

:yeahthat

Anyways, welcome to these forums!

Tangent: Your name sounds slightly similar to something I've heard before. I can't remember what it is.

ITOS

Greetings. I am the Monitor of installation 00. I am 7 Itos Atio. Someone has released the Mows. My function is to...

*hears about RJ's muffins*

Eeep! :eek

*disappears*
This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

"My function is to... run away! Run away!" :-)

Nikki

ooh muffins!!

*munchu*

yum ^^

*Inside of mouth= explodes*

...tangy

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Lomgren

Hrm, so I guess it'd be a good idea not to juggle the muffins?  I think I'll avoid doing that...

And I'm sure Amber has a huge backlog of email to get through.  Patience it is, then. :smile

And my name... I originally started using it for a game called Graal Online about 6 years ago, modifying it from the name Lamgwin, a minor character in the Wheel of Time.  Though it turned out to be a Swedish last name... think it was the last name of one of the characters in one of the Rocky movies as well.

Nikki

Damn cool name ^^
You are now another of my official snuggies ^^

Lomgren

*grins*

I'll definitely have to remember to come here then... sometimes I can be forgetful about that, especially with new forums.

Aridas

Quote from: Lomgren on September 11, 2006, 12:39:11 PM
Graal Online about 6 years ago
You mean like... long before they broke the classic world... or even had any others.. and even longer before they started demanding money for you to do anything and keep it?

Tapewolf

And my name... I originally started using it for a game called Graal Online about 6 years ago, modifying it from the name Lamgwin, a minor character in the Wheel of Time.  Though it turned out to be a Swedish last name...

Is there a problem with a Swedish last name? :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lomgren

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 11, 2006, 01:46:51 PM
Graal Online about 6 years ago
You mean like... long before they broke the classic world... or even had any others.. and even longer before they started demanding money for you to do anything and keep it?

Yes... Just before Bomy-bopots, now more widely known as Bomies, I believe, were first introduced briefly at the 2000 Halloween party.  And they've actually been slowly adding stuff back to Classic.  I generally check up on there every few months... and if you remember stuff like Babord, Avalon, Nimda... it's been readded, at least overworld-wise.  I actually have hope for Classic again.

And yes, I believe Classic was best when Tyhm was the LAT Admin.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 11, 2006, 02:00:19 PM

Nope, unless someone decides to start trying to talk to you in Swedish based solely off your name, which actually did happen a few times in Graal Online.  *grins*

Zedd

Oh yeah..My name is Zedd...The red huskie cubi

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lomgren on September 11, 2006, 02:10:12 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 11, 2006, 02:00:19 PM

Nope, unless someone decides to start trying to talk to you in Swedish based solely off your name, which actually did happen a few times in Graal Online.  *grins*

Good point.  Not that I'm ever likely to sign onto such a thing as Jakob anyway..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

*wanders back in carrying an armor clad leg over one shoulder*

Aww no one enver want to pay there fines

*sighs*

Oh well it was worth a shot

Lomgren

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 11, 2006, 02:24:59 PM
Good point.  Not that I'm ever likely to sign onto such a thing as Jakob anyway..
Well, it was just a big coincidence that the name I chose, which sounded like a good Fantasy-based name, was also Swedish.  And I don't mind, I just find it a bit funny.

Quote from: thegayhare on September 11, 2006, 02:27:04 PM
*wanders back in carrying an armor clad leg over one shoulder*

Aww no one enver want to pay there fines

*sighs*

Oh well it was worth a shot

Here, you want some of these nice muffins?  *Eats one, with smoke puffing out of his ears after doing so*

Netami

Graal Online huh? What server?

Lomgren

I've pretty much only played the Classic server... not on there at the moment, but my account name is Lomgren, just like it is here and on KeenSpot.  I did play Bomy Moon some as well, but I can't access it anymore, and I prefer Classic to the playerworlds.

bill