Regarding the link colours in the DMFA skin...

Started by tkg, September 12, 2006, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkg

I hope I got this in the right place.

I was wondering - is it just my monitor, or is the colour used for hyperlinks in the DMFA skin nearly undistinguishable from the regular text colour? The way it is now, I have to run the mouse pointer through parts of a text just to see if there's a hidden link in there somewhere :)

Perhaps we could adopt the link colour that is used on the DMFA forum at the Nice (#888005)? That was much more pleasing to the eye, IMHO.

Shadow Hunter

Toric

I've noticed that problem with linked text too. It's not so much of a problem as much as an annoyance. A lighter purple (so long as it's not invisible behind the purple background) would be much appreciated, but the current color scheme works well enough for me.
Yap by Silver.

Netami

bill

I never noticed that, mostly since I use Inverted Dungeon.

Gabi

I use the DMFA theme and the links look good to me.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

tkg

Quote from: Gabi on September 14, 2006, 07:07:01 PM
I use the DMFA theme and the links look good to me.

Hmmm, it might very well just be my monitor causing it then - it's starting to get a bit old after all. I uploaded a couple of cropped screenshots of how it looks like here and here (with apologies to Rowne and Tapewolf, respectively ;)). They were taken in Opera, although it could just as well have been IE, as it looks exactly the same there. I can hardly make out any difference between the links and the regular text in these examples at all (which is especially true for the second one)... time to get a new monitor, perhaps? :P

Quote from: Supercheese on September 14, 2006, 08:01:28 PM
If you're having link trouble, just underline them.

Good idea - I think I'll start doing it from now on.