2014/12/08 [DMFA #1535] Lies, Damn lies and Trashy magazine articles.

Started by MT Hazard, December 08, 2014, 08:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

You'd think those magazines would be more careful printing stories about creatures, It would only take one to take offence and burn their building down.

Is it just me or does the last sentence seem at bit off?

"Sooo...who is your new freind mister bachelor of the year but didn't tell his sisters about it..."

Seems like it's trying to go off in two different directions.

Also me starting three topics in a row? Are the usually first posters ill or something?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

lemurvid

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 08, 2014, 08:24:16 AM
"Sooo...who is your new freind mister bachelor of the year but didn't tell his sisters about it..."
Yeah, but that's deliberate. Some people talk like that. It actually reads better if you insert some extra punctuation thus...
"Sooo... who is your new friend, mister 'Bachelor of the Year but didn't tell his sisters about it'...?"
but that just looks weird.

Lying Foo

Seventeen lesbians?  Must be small lesbians.

That would just be the best scoop ever, though - for four hundred years, the Soulstealer heiress has been seventeen tiny lesbians in a demon costume.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Hariman

Heh. Kria actually looks younger now than how she looked when Abel was in school.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

LionHeart

Quote from: Lying Foo on December 08, 2014, 10:16:00 AM
Seventeen lesbians?  Must be small lesbians.

That would just be the best scoop ever, though - for four hundred years, the Soulstealer heiress has been seventeen tiny lesbians in a demon costume.
Nah, they're actually full size, and all identical. They take turns to go out in public... :mowwink
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Dard

So, Kria is also a target of the tabloid press?
Can't say I'm surprised.

Um, Amber, "Looks like a job for defenestration man."
You realize that there used to be a superhero who was just that?
Brings back funny memories, but I do NOT want to mentally associate his superhero team (or he himself) with DMFA!

Kajet

You know... I'm not sure how evil Amber is to her characters but...

I seem to recall a perverted feline who could be very rich right about now...

Balance

Quote from: Hariman on December 08, 2014, 10:26:10 AM
Heh. Kria actually looks younger now than how she looked when Abel was in school.
Well, she recently had exfoliation-by-explosion.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: lemurvid on December 08, 2014, 09:40:58 AM
Yeah, but that's deliberate. Some people talk like that. It actually reads better if you insert some extra punctuation thus...
"Sooo... who is your new friend, mister 'Bachelor of the Year but didn't tell his sisters about it'...?"
but that just looks weird.
I'd put dashes between the quoted text: "Sooo... who is your new friend, mister Bachelor-of-the-Year-but-didn't-tell-his-sisters-about-it...?"
Then again, I'm big on dashes.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

thegayhare

Quote from: Dard on December 08, 2014, 12:34:08 PM
Um, Amber, "Looks like a job for defenestration man."
You realize that there used to be a superhero who was just that?
Brings back funny memories, but I do NOT want to mentally associate his superhero team (or he himself) with DMFA!

Awwww I wanted to be the one to bring up section 8 and the defenstrator....

Howl

Form_Goblin

Love the last panel, both faces.  As a little brother, I can verify that's the same face my sister makes when she has me in a comedic bind like that.  And Jyras would probably vamoose if not for the pregnancy!

I'm kind of glad at least one of his sisters is aware of that magazine issue, it would seem odd if seven different girls hadn't noticed it.  With Abel it makes sense if he didn't notice it, since he's more reclusive than most people, and likely wouldn't be interested in tabloid anyway.

SteelWings

"Hello my friends, my name is Fred. The words you read are in my head. I say I said my name is Fred, and I've been very Naaaauuughhty"

ZacAttac21

You'd think those magazines would be more careful printing stories about creatures, It would only take one to take offence and burn their building down.

They probably have a powerful creature or two on the payroll to discourage that sort of thing.

tikitori

I don't think Kria is actually that sensitive-she works in politics, so it's part of the job.

It took me awhile to wonder why Kria looked so different-her hair is so pretty this way!

Tuyu

Quote from: Strebenherz on December 09, 2014, 04:40:03 AM
I'm kind of glad at least one of his sisters is aware of that magazine issue, it would seem odd if seven different girls hadn't noticed it.
Seven different girls and their mom the lawyer. 'Course, she's a bit distracted at the moment...

justacritic

This is strange, I'm not sure if this Mab's protection plan still ongoing. On one hand Jyras being tied to the last member of a near extinct clan with one of the most powerful dragons holding a grudge isn't conductive to the kangaroo rat's safety. But then again it protects Abel who I'm sure Jyras at this point wouldn't take kindly to any assault on his cream and cookies.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tuyu on December 10, 2014, 08:09:29 PM
Quote from: Strebenherz on December 09, 2014, 04:40:03 AM
I'm kind of glad at least one of his sisters is aware of that magazine issue, it would seem odd if seven different girls hadn't noticed it.
Seven different girls and their mom the lawyer. 'Course, she's a bit distracted at the moment...

I thought he had six sisters?

EDIT: Yup.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: CubiKitsune on December 11, 2014, 12:11:45 AM
Quote from: Tuyu on December 10, 2014, 08:09:29 PM
I thought he had six sisters?

EDIT: Yup.

... insider information about the birth, maybe? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears