Chibi Cubi Clan Leaders

Started by killpurakat, May 02, 2011, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Because Tapewolf asked for it (and asked for me to share it  :U), here's a bit of Amber's artwork that was done about a year ago (no whining that I took so long to post! Read the dA description for why!).

http://killpurakat.deviantart.com/art/Cubi-Clan-Leader-Chibis-207312112

Enjoy the Cubi!  :3

Techcubi

Well, that's a change from GIANT clan leaders. XD

killpurakat

...  >:3

Okay, now you've got me thinking of someone (possibly Mink, since he did the report) sitting in a room with 12 Pygmy Shrew-sized Cubi Clan Leaders having wacky hijinks on the floor!  :mwaha

Ampzero

Thanks for the link >:3 Love there expressions
Hey :)

VAE

Haha! This is so awesome!
Especially the derpface on Taun
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mao

I'm a bit unsure as to why Tape would tell you to put art that wasn't your own up in the Tower of Art.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 03, 2011, 06:10:51 AM
I'm a bit unsure as to why Tape would tell you to put art that wasn't your own up in the Tower of Art.

"I'm not 100% sure where the correct place for that would be - the Tower of Art is supposedly for getting feedback on things you have done... maybe Lost Lake would have been better, I don't know.  It's a bit of a judgement call, so I think I'll leave it to the other moderators to figure out if it should be moved."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

Adorable~! ^-^

- - -
Lost Lake  seems the most appropriate place for this, yes.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

nevwyn

OMG squeee! *cutegasm* urge to motorboat rising *checks life insurance policy, motorboats Piflak and Fa'lina*  :mowmeep  :mowninja *runs away* *runs back pinches all the other ladies on the tush* *runs away again...comes back frenchs Taun and Cyra and steals Quoar's hat*  :mowmeep  :mowmeep *runs away again*

killpurakat

Quote from: nevwyn on May 03, 2011, 05:44:36 PM
OMG squeee! *cutegasm* urge to motorboat rising *checks life insurance policy, motorboats Piflak and Fa'lina*  :mowmeep  :mowninja *runs away* *runs back pinches all the other ladies on the tush* *runs away again...comes back frenchs Taun and Cyra and steals Quoar's hat*  :mowmeep  :mowmeep *runs away again*

Technically, Quoar's hat is in my basement. ;P It went back in there after I used it at Califur last year (the pic of me wearing it is mixed in with two other Califur 2010 pics on my dA account). It shall rise again after I have time to fix it (along with the rest of him, hopefully). But that... is a plan for a later date... :mwaha

(Link is here: http://killpurakat.deviantart.com/art/Califur-2010-My-Costumes-167711176)

Fa'lina and Jin especially make me want to give glomp hugs. *^^*

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 03, 2011, 06:10:51 AM

A quick clarification, since the syntax seems to have been lost: Tapewolf heard about the pics and specifically asked to see them. I told him I would send them to him via email, and he further convinced me that I should consider posting them on a site (such as dA) where everyone could see them. Since the forum is the best place to announce such things, I posted a link to them on the forum that is linked from the DMFA website. I assumed that because the title was "Tower of Art" that a good place to make a posting about artwork would be there. He didn't specifically tell me to post there, he merely suggested getting permission and sharing, so you all have him to thank for being able to view the chibis.

Maark30

I think it is a great idea that you place the pics on the forum and DA, after all you made well sure that anyone that sees them knows that they are Amber's work and they are adorable.  :mowcookie  Thanks for letting the rest of us see them.  :mowmeep
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh yes, adorableness like this must be shared with the world~! ^.^
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

Oh, I thought the hat was out on adventures together with Kria ?

Also, awesome chibi's. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

killpurakat

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 04, 2011, 10:06:20 AM
Oh, I thought the hat was out on adventures together with Kria ?

Also, awesome chibi's. :)

Kria's hat is green and doesn't have headwings. Plus, there's the blue wig, tail, and glasses (was going to try to get a whole costume together, but it didn't work out).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: nevwyn on May 03, 2011, 05:44:36 PM

Quite finished? If you are, might I draw your attention to Rule VI, Section B, with special attention to Sub-Section 2.

Thank-you. You may go about your business, now.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

nevwyn

Yeah I'm quite finished, besides Quoar didn't have his hat anyway as it was in someone's basement anyway.

Anker Steadfast

Would be kinda neat if Quoar had a Hat as his avatar, roaming the world without anyone noticing it's his avatar.
Would bring a whole new meaning to the "Bad hat! Very bad hat!" title on the comic I linked ealier.

:D

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 04, 2011, 09:43:38 PM
Would be kinda neat if Quoar had a Hat as his avatar, roaming the world without anyone noticing it's his avatar.

. . .  *snrrrk*
I absolutely love that idea :P
my art thread

LionHeart

I'd imagine the jokes about Quoar "talking through his hat" would get old fairly quickly...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hmm... If Quoar sent his hatvatar on the head of his delegate, would he get in trouble for cheating?
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

Only if they find out !!

Delegate : And it is our clans intention to spread love and ... uhm ..
Hatavatar : ... and cookies ..
Delegate : .. and cookies, troughout the lands !
Fa'Lina : Did your hat just talk ?
Delegate : .. uhm ..
Hatavatar :  .. no !
Delegate : .. no ?! 
Fa'Lina : Quoar, I know it's you !!
Hatavatar : Damn.
Dimaninka : Oh man, I wish I had thought of that. Next time, I'm turning up as underwear ! :D

Maark30

Anker that was just too funny. You need a cookie  :mowcookie

LordViking

After getting over how awesome it must be to have those chibi-cubi I noticed that Kish'Ta is the only one that also has a thick black outline around her head. Is that a reference to the mask she wears in the clan leader page or is the face a separate piece apart from the Kish'Ta chibi?

killpurakat

Quote from: LordViking on May 07, 2011, 04:39:36 AM
After getting over how awesome it must be to have those chibi-cubi I noticed that Kish'Ta is the only one that also has a thick black outline around her head. Is that a reference to the mask she wears in the clan leader page or is the face a separate piece apart from the Kish'Ta chibi?

Amber added the mask with a magnet to act like the one Kish'Ta was wearing in the Clan Leader Pages. It does come off and shows her head underneath, but I'm reluctant to do so anymore because the magnet is rubbing off on the material below it and getting it off is a bit difficult as the mask really wants to bend and ruin itself.

Maark30

Yeah, good idea leave it alone and keep it looking great.  People should keep such good art pieces safe for the future. 

Damaris

She worked on most of the chibis while she stayed with us between conventions - I LOVED coming home to see what changes had been made to them every day.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

LordViking

Quote from: killpurakat on May 07, 2011, 03:01:50 PM
Amber added the mask with a magnet to act like the one Kish'Ta was wearing in the Clan Leader Pages. It does come off and shows her head underneath, but I'm reluctant to do so anymore because the magnet is rubbing off on the material below it and getting it off is a bit difficult as the mask really wants to bend and ruin itself.
Better keep it on then, it would be a shame to ruin something like that and it looks awesome as it is.