07/31/09 [AS2#64] - Deshirted!

Started by Jairus, July 31, 2009, 02:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Okay, seriously, that's creepy. And a bit, well, wrong. Why would Oolong steal Abel's shirts?

Also, Mink is adorable waiting for Abel like that. Actually, he's adorable in that pose in panel 3 too. Something tells me he's not complaining about Abel's current state. Hm… could his modern shirtless style be loosely tied to this?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Goatmon

It seems your post-fu is faster than mine.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Jairus on July 31, 2009, 02:43:13 AM
Hm... could his modern shirtless style be loosely tied to this?

However it is, I do think we're finally seeing the beginning of the present-day Abel there....

I can see how someone like Mink would drive someone with Abel's experiences so far to give up on long-term relationships with people....  Even while never losing his heart of gold....

Kipiru

Lego3400

De-shirtsued!

Why am I suddenly picturing Oolong with a large pile of shirt's she's stolen from Abel (and possibly other students)

JackTheCubiWolf

When he first came out I thought more time had pasted and Abel was getting into his no shirt wearing style.
I'm back, and tired.

M

Oh god, Mink in the last panel. CUTENESS OVERLOAD.

Ganurath

Tentacle lady with a habit for stripping people that she wants to see smiling...

I like Oolong.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Turnsky

i wonder if Oolong can teach that one to Kria.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Turnsky on July 31, 2009, 03:25:27 AM
i wonder if Oolong can teach that one to Kria.  :U
I think she already did... or has by the time the main storyline is going on.

Anyway when i first read I though Mink said skirt not shirt

ChaosMageX

Okay, seriously, that's creepy. And a bit, well, wrong. Why would Oolong steal Abel's shirts?

Why do obsessed fans try to steal the clothes off of movie stars when they mob them? :3

Icon by Sunblink

Brownie

Misdirection can work wonders.

Maybe that's why he never wears a shirt any more. Out of habit of not wearing back at SAIA just to deny Ms Oolong the pleasure of taking it.

Tapewolf

Curious that the library says "No drinking, no smoking" but eating is fine.  I can well imagine Oolong throwing a fit if you tried it, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

8)  How hard would that style shirt be to steal ?  Did it not have a proper collar ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

LoneHowler

Hmm perhaps the library incedent involved the first time able decided to try to go into the library shirtless only to have miss  oolong steal his pants. I can se mayhem insuing
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Tapewolf

Quote from: LoneHowler on July 31, 2009, 04:58:28 AM
Hmm perhaps the library incedent involved the first time able decided to try to go into the library shirtless only to have miss  oolong steal his pants. I can se mayhem insuing

Shouldn't that have resulted in Oolong being banned from the library?  However that would work...

RJ

Why not?  >:3 I'd do it.

Cogidubnus

Because Abel is clearly a studmuffin?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2009, 04:33:03 AM
Curious that the library says "No drinking, no smoking" but eating is fine.  I can well imagine Oolong throwing a fit if you tried it, though.
I think that since Cubi normally don't need to eat (except for the younger ones), it is not likely that they will bring any snacks to the library. Though, according to this logic, they are not likely to bring any sorts of drinks there either.. :/

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2009, 05:00:36 AM
Shouldn't that have resulted in Oolong being banned from the library?  However that would work...
It is almost like banning the library from the library. :B

hapless

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2009, 04:33:03 AM
Well... think who will be the one eating at the library. And what will be eaten.
Or, what about combining the yesterthread's "Oolong is the library" with a popular internet meme... "In SAIA library eats YOU!"
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 31, 2009, 05:42:36 AM
I think that since Cubi normally don't need to eat (except for the younger ones), it is not likely that they will bring any snacks to the library. Though, according to this logic, they are not likely to bring any sorts of drinks there either.. :/
That's the thing.  For the most part, both are optional.

QuoteIt is almost like banning the library from the library. :B
Yeah.  I don't know what happens if Oolong is fired.  I guess they have to build another library and turn hers into a storeroom or something.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 31, 2009, 05:47:22 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 31, 2009, 05:42:36 AM
That's the thing.  For the most part, both are optional.
Perhaps it implies alcohol? :/

Buhamet

Shirtless Abel is Shirtless......... along with those odd sleeve thingies that he seems to often wear throughout the series......

and I think people are probably right about Oolong stealing Abel's trousers if he turned up shirtless  >:3 Although why it'd case Oolong to ban Abel from the Library andn use one of his feathers as a quill is quite beyond me at the moment :D

Janus Whitefurr

Mink in the last panel is squee-dorable. *kidnaps him before anyone else gets the same idea, then puts on his best nonchalant look.*

As for Abel and his shirtlessness, the only thing to come to mind is that I have heard the phrase he's using in actual conversation. Cursing, of course. The fact Abel didn't seem to notice until he glanced down also amuses me.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Rakyth

Also, notice how his belt changes color from the comic before it to the comic after it.

For those who do not care to look, it is blue beforehand, and brown afterwards.

*dances* :zombiekun2

Kipiru

I wonder if Oolong is planing to smelt all the shirt she's stolen into one huge wallpaper for the library?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rakyth on July 31, 2009, 06:48:28 AM
Also, notice how his belt changes color from the comic before it to the comic after it.

For those who do not care to look, it is blue beforehand, and brown afterwards.

Really? I couldn't get a clear view of his belt at all; every time I could see it, it was obscured by his shirt.

Perhaps it's just his shirt, you think?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fex

Forycles

I actually went back to the previous page and I can't tell if he's still wearing his shirt in the last panel.

Akisohida

Perhaps that is the start of able learning his De-Clothing-Fu! :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.