03/22/09 [DMFA #985] - New levels of disgust

Started by Jairus, March 22, 2009, 02:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Okay, so Aliph isn't exactly pleased with this turn of events. And Dan isn't exactly doing so hot. Well, let's see where this goes, and if Aliph/Kria will heal Dan out of some sense of familial obligation.

Seriously, Amber, don't hurt your hand worse.

EDIT: Apparently, Regina did not go far. And has recovered fairly quickly. Bummer.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

jimsan

So I'm confused, Kria and DP both seem to claim this as their home. (I know, minor detail!) But DP seems for the moment to hesitate...

Also, I like Kria's wing markings, very nice!

Edit: Seriously, if this is the last comic for a week because of the injury I won't complain! Don't kill yourself!
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

techmaster-glitch

DOS attack on the foruuuuuuuum! D: D: D: Cannot Display Page! CANNOT DISPLAY PAGE! :O

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 22, 2009, 03:23:31 AM
DOS attack on the foruuuuuuuum! D: D: D: Cannot Display Page! CANNOT DISPLAY PAGE! :O
Breathe! Breathe! Deep slow breaths! It's over! There there, relax... :hug Everything's okay. There there.

Also, interesting treatment for special guests. Can't kill 'em even if they're mortal foes. I suspect Regina will get grounded if she tries to kick Dan while he's down.

Psy-Kosh

No fair! DP seems to have fared better in the fight than Dan did... harumph! :)

And yeah, be careful with your hand, Amber.

jimsan

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on March 22, 2009, 03:25:48 AM

Yeah, Dan seems pretty bad off while DP seems to be just getting warmed up... what's up with that? It can't be a better pain tolerance, and Dan was able to prevail before.

A home turf advantage, perhaps?

Edit: And yes, I noticed DP's possible broken arm.  But chest wound loses to broken arm... most of the time.
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

Jairus

Quote from: jimsan on March 22, 2009, 03:30:19 AM

Yeah, Dan seems pretty bad off while DP seems to be just getting warmed up... what's up with that? It can't be a better pain tolerance, and Dan was able to prevail before.

Possibly that Dan was A) unprepared for a fight with DP (notice how poorly he did the first time he fought DP to the last time they fought) and/or B) tired out from his pursuit of Regina, including railing against an immovable door for a minute or so.

Lowde

Dan warning Lorenda about DP... Ok, he was either not paying attention or not very much in the cleverness department... In his defense, he has lost a lot of blood :kruger

DP also seems quite pissed about Dan being Lorenda's boyfriend... He does care for her then, I wonder if he was trully like a father for her.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jairus on March 22, 2009, 03:25:21 AM
Breathe! Breathe! Deep slow breaths! It's over! There there, relax... :hug Everything's okay. There there.
*huff huff...whuf...* Yes...over...

Hokay, enough sillyness. This has happened before, but I can recall exactly when. Anyone remember any specific instances where a DMFA update cause the forum to lock up in the resultant fan traffic?

On the proper topic, I'm also not really very happy with Dan getting trounced here, as I've said before, but oh well. We'll just have to see how Amber pans it out from here.

jimsan

Quote from: Jairus on March 22, 2009, 03:32:33 AM
Quote from: jimsan on March 22, 2009, 03:30:19 AM

Possibly that Dan was A) unprepared for a fight with DP (notice how poorly he did the first time he fought DP to the last time they fought) and/or B) tired out from his pursuit of Regina, including railing against an immovable door for a minute or so.

I would think a minute of immovable door railing would be a warm up for Dan, myself, but I'm no "adventurer personal trainer"  :U.  Since he fought this opponent twice before, he should know what to expect, unless this particular opponent was smart enough to hold back the first two times to the point of dying......
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

Kipiru

Dark Pegasus is on a straight path to becoming my favourite villain in DMFA. His last remark left me giggling for quite some time.

!KCA

Oh, Kria, you loveable psychopath, you're enjoying this, aren't you?

Dan probably did as poorly as he did because he didn't have a good weapon with him at the time (and because he didn't do the smart thing and attack DP from a distance).

Also, looks like Dan didn't quite sever DP's arm.

Teh_Hobo

Eesh. Coughing up blood. Punctured lung perhaps? I too am not enthused with Dan being beaten so soundly.
Also, LOOK A TYPO!
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Lowde

Quote from: jimsan on March 22, 2009, 03:38:35 AM
I would think a minute of immovable door railing would be a warm up for Dan, myself, but I'm no "adventurer personal trainer"  :U.  Since he fought this opponent twice before, he should know what to expect, unless this particular opponent was smart enough to hold back the first two times to the point of dying......

Or DP has learnt from his previous mistakes

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on March 22, 2009, 03:46:24 AM
Also, LOOK A TYPO!

Shhhh, Amber must not know we noticed it

Kenway975

Quote from: jimsan on March 22, 2009, 03:22:31 AM
So I'm confused, Kria and DP both seem to claim this as their home. (I know, minor detail!) But DP seems for the moment to hesitate...

Simple, it's probably both of their homes. Given the size it would probably be called the Soulstealer mansion, and if Kira and DP's parents owned it  then instead of going to one given offspring it might have been set as the family's home where they will always have a place to stay... but that's just speculation and even then, Kira stays there more and so would probably have more control/say than DP. Also I would not be surprised if arguments between demons can often result in fights, and if that is true then DP is at a disadvantage.

But ignoring property ownership debates, I love DP's reaction.

As for how well they did in the fight... keep in mind that Dan's only weapon in this fight was his wings. The three other times Dan has killed DP he has had his swords with him. The lack of swords helps DP in two aspects. First Dan has more experience fighting with swords. He has had very little training about how to fight with his wings (to my knowledge). Second, it is easier to use a sword for both offense and defense when you compare it to the wings. A sword it usually always between you and your opponent. The wings appear to more come in from the sides when attacking. Having your weapons hit from the sides is useful when attacking because it's harder to defend against, but it sacrifices defense.

jimsan

Quote from: Lowde on March 22, 2009, 03:46:53 AM
Quote from: jimsan on March 22, 2009, 03:38:35 AM

Or DP has learnt from his previous mistakes

Now that's a scary thought, a villain that learns from their mistakes!

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on March 22, 2009, 03:46:24 AM
Also, LOOK A TYPO!

Shhhh, Amber must not know we noticed it
[/quote]

I didn't see any typo in there dialouge! (and I thought I was detail oriented!)
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

terrycloth

It's right their in the first panel!

...and why *doesn't* Dan have a sword, anyway? Did he leave it in his shirt pocket? :B

Actually, I bet he lost because he recently underwent a class change from Adventurer to Cubi, so he's back to level 1. And worse, it's an advanced class, so it'll take like 10 times the experience to level up as the base class used to.

Maybe 100 times -- Abel was in school for 400 years.  :erk

Turnsky

Quote from: terrycloth on March 22, 2009, 04:04:18 AM

...and why *doesn't* Dan have a sword, anyway? Did he leave it in his shirt pocket? :B

he left it in his other dress.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Hellcat

Kenway975

Quote from: terrycloth on March 22, 2009, 04:04:18 AM
It's right their in the first panel!

Actually, I bet he lost because he recently underwent a class change from Adventurer to Cubi, so he's back to level 1. And worse, it's an advanced class, so it'll take like 10 times the experience to level up as the base class used to.

Maybe 100 times -- Abel was in school for 400 years.  :erk

I'm not sure if you can really call it a class change. Cubi is a race instead of a class. As for the swords... maybe he can only use his pull a sword out of nowhere when he is wearing a robe/dress? Or something else that you could hide a large blade in? As for able going to school for a couple hundred years... remember Abel's current classes are tennis and grass growing. He also mentioned he took 5 years of ventriloquism instead of seduction. With those classes than are known... what other kinds of classes did he take? Underwater basket weaving? Extreme origami making? SAIA probably has every class you can think of and a few you can't, so I'm not sure how much you can take at face value.

Buhamet

Actually, Dan not having a sword is a good point to bring up, because I swear his cast page/Alexsi's cast page says he's able to randomly summon up swords....... if he's able to, then why didn't he? Maybe he can't anymore now that he's cubi........

just a thought

senrath

Um, is it just me or does DP sound a bit, well, jealous in that last panel?

Buhamet

Quote from: senrath on March 22, 2009, 04:38:45 AM
mmmmmm I'm not sure, to me he sounds just angry......

And I think DP's arm is possibly broken, either that or the muscle's been cut up in such a way that he can't use it.........

Lowde

Well, how would you feel if your beloved niece was dating your most hated enemy?

jimsan

Jealous of whom? If it's of Dan being with Lorenda that would be disturbing... (he'd be one of those uncles!)
I can't think of anything else, except maybe Dan acting on his own, who he thought was able to be more dastardly than himself by getting in good with the family?

Edit: Clarification. :P
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

Feather Dancer

I love love the "wing" defense as an extra ward off but his expression is priceless. I just cna't help but feel that may be repercussions for this un later though Regina clearly saw some sense to back off for once.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Buhamet

Yeah, would be kinda disturbing if he was jelous of Dan getting Lorenda.......

Has dan's clan marking appeared fully now, or not? I can't tell.......

also, slightly off topic, but is the little horn thing on DP's nose natural or something like piercing?

Kenway975

Quote from: Buhamet on March 22, 2009, 04:54:50 AM
also, slightly off topic, but is the little horn thing on DP's nose natural or something like piercing?

Implant - says so on his cast page.

icarus

feel the need to say...kria's wing-block looks wicked cool.

i think DP is less jealous and more INFURIATED. his niece is now "dating" his sworn mortal enemy, who killed him twice (three times? i'm spacing on details) now. someone kills you a couple times, trashes your base, foils your plans repeatedly...you're not going to take kindly to him suddenly being near-family.

also i think amber's gone over this before, but the correct way to handle typo-spotting is to contact her privately about it so she can correct it, not to trumpet it on the board :B

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Kenway975

Quote from: icarus on March 22, 2009, 05:00:45 AM
i think DP is less jealous and more INFURIATED. his niece is now "dating" his sworn mortal enemy, who killed him twice (three times? i'm spacing on details) now. someone kills you a couple times, trashes your base, foils your plans repeatedly...you're not going to take kindly to him suddenly being near-family.

Dan's killed DP three times now. #941 mentions that Kira has resurrected DP twice before now which logically means he has been killed 3 times. DP's cast page mentioned that he has tried the same ploy 3 times now with the same result. We know from #157 what the result of the third time was, so the other two times must have also ended with Dan killing him. But the fact that he tried the same thing three times and they all ended the same way brings to question just how well DP can learn from prior experiences. I would think that after trying the same thing twice and getting killed both times would make one rethink his scheme... unless union rules force one to try the same scheme at least three times or you have to go through a bunch of paperwork to change it. In that case then you have problems.