03/13/09 [DMFA #980] - K'Pow!

Started by Kibin, March 13, 2009, 01:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kibin

And this strip features a literal punchline.   :3

Wonder if there's going to be a monologue, or straight to more fighting.

Jairus

Dangit! You beat me to the punch. Oh well...

And Aliph is back. And Regina thinks she's won: apparently she does not yet know that Dan's come out on top of DP several times before. Yeah! Go Dan! Knock that smug smirk off of her face! Oh yeah, DP's a little surprised at that!

So, she did finish the ritual. Heh. Smart girl. Now, did Regina tell him that there was an intruder in the house, or that the intruder was a Cubi, or that the intruder was Daniel Ti'Fiona? Or a combination of the three? Though even if he doesn't know it's Dan yet, he will know shortly. Oh, this is getting good.

EDIT: Oh, BTW. Nice outfit, Aliph. You look a lot more intimidating with the robe on. But the bandages are a nice touch. I'm guessing they both landed stomach wounds to the other.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ragesquid

I wonder....why his speech bubbles are different? Does it have to do with him being newly resurrected; or what Kria had said, earlier? About him losing a bit of himself, each time?

Kibin

Quote from: Fox on March 13, 2009, 02:03:48 AM
I wonder....why his speech bubbles are different? Does it have to do with him being newly resurrected? o.o

They're standard evil text bubbles, of course. Reserved only for those most evil of evil people.

Apparently being evil changes your voice, who knew?

Turnsky

Get the camera honey! Dan threw his first suckerpunch!  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

Quote from: Kibin on March 13, 2009, 02:05:28 AM
Quote from: Fox on March 13, 2009, 02:03:48 AM
I wonder....why his speech bubbles are different? Does it have to do with him being newly resurrected? o.o

They're standard evil text bubbles, of course. Reserved only for those most evil of evil people.

Apparently being evil changes your voice, who knew?
One possible explanation... but I don't think he's ever spoken this way before. Even when he killed Hennah. Interesting... I suppose we'll get an explanation tomorrow, or shortly at least.

You know, either Dan's head is a lot harder than I thought, or he knows how to land, because he recovered fairly quickly.

Madmann135

DP is going to have to take a rain check on the revenge on Dan thing... unless he wishes to be caught in a mass of deadly sharp wing tendrils.  On the up side for DP, Dan might tire himself out with his rage on Regina.
I like how the punchline of this comic is an actual punch.  Nice change up Amber

It is still funny to me how smug Regina is after she summoned DP to help in her battle against Dan only to get KO'ed not even 2 seconds into round 2.  DP is looking at the attack like a WTF moment.  Though with Dan getting the upgrade of Cubi and learning how to handle his new abilities I think the battle is more one sided.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Prroul

Does anyone else have the theme song to "Mortal Kombat" stuck in their head?

Methinks DP may suddenly realize that Dan has somewhat increased in power since they last met...

Also, SUCKERPUNCH'D!

Madmann135

Quote from: Prroul on March 13, 2009, 02:12:19 AM
Does anyone else have the theme song to "Mortal Kombat" stuck in their head?

Methinks DP may suddenly realize that Dan has somewhat increased in power since they last met...

Also, SUCKERPUNCH'D!

not really a sucker-punch... Dan only took DP's advice Strike mid dialogue.

Can not wait for the next update... I wanna see DP's response to Dan 2.1

Baal Hadad

:erk

Okay, what exactly just happened there?

Quote from: Jairus on March 13, 2009, 01:57:32 AM
EDIT: Oh, BTW. Nice outfit, Aliph. You look a lot more intimidating with the robe on. But the bandages are a nice touch. I'm guessing they both landed stomach wounds to the other.

I disagree--I'm more scared of him this way....

<.<

>.>

!KCA

Apparently, Dan has learned to strike under cover of darkness.

Aaaand. . .Regina goes down before the fight even starts. You can almost hear those classic video game sounds as Dan gets a power up from that hit.

Janus Whitefurr

BOOT TENDRIL TO THE HEAD.

Also, Aliph is somewhere on the overlord list of attractive-in-a-loincloth. Check out that well-defined chest, baby!

He probably wasn't expecting Dan to suckerpunch Regina, though. Way to wipe the smug look off her face.

Loincloth!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Turnsky

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 13, 2009, 02:20:54 AM
BOOT TENDRIL TO THE HEAD.

Also, Aliph is somewhere on the overlord list of attractive-in-a-loincloth. Check out that well-defined chest, baby!

He probably wasn't expecting Dan to suckerpunch Regina, though. Way to wipe the smug look off her face.

Loincloth!

being dead is good for the waistline.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 13, 2009, 02:16:19 AM
Quote from: Jairus on March 13, 2009, 01:57:32 AM

I disagree--I'm more scared of him this way....

<.<

>.>
Sorry, but for me the explicit loincloth (though he has been wearing it since we first met him, I believe) just makes me giggle a little. I suppose that it's traditional or something, and that he'd probably kill me in some brutally efficient manner for giggling in his presence, but the loincloth just kind of ruins it for me. The dramatic black cloak would save the look.

Oh, and the fact that even though Dan sucker-punched Regina Aliph is the one looking shocked... absolutely priceless. Thank you, Amber. Also, Regina's smug smirk while standing at her uncle's side really drives home to me just how immature she is. Or at least how absolutely unprepared she is. That was, to be blunt, embarrassing. But so very satisfying to watch.

Michael Chandra

Question: Do you think DP knew who he was facing when he was talking? I'd expect him to actually show he knew he was facing Dan in his dialogue, but he doesn't.
Of course, even if he does the tentacles are a bit of a shocker. Though the speech bubbles are also a shocker. o_o

And booyah to the smug grin being punched off that face! >:3

Meanwhile, Kria has a grumbling glare on her face.

Baal Hadad

It's official.  No way is this chapter finishing in the next four pages.  This is definitely going to be the longest DMFA chapter so far.

:)

Fex

man that is one good punch line :B

Jairus

Quote from: Michael Chandra on March 13, 2009, 02:30:21 AM
Meanwhile, Kria has a grumbling glare on her face.
Of course she would: she's not gonna get paid now.

Question: Do you think DP knew who he was facing when he was talking? I'd expect him to actually show he knew he was facing Dan in his dialogue, but he doesn't.
Of course, even if he does the tentacles are a bit of a shocker. Though the speech bubbles are also a shocker. o_o
Hm... I don't think he has any idea. Regina hasn't even mentioned Dan's name yet: she may have been more concerned with telling her uncle that there was an adventurer intruder, and he was an Incubus, and that he was here to stop Aliph's resurrection. I don't think she's been behind those doors for very long, so she hasn't had much time to raise Aliph from the dead and explain the basics of the situation to him. Aliph might not even know that this adventurer and Regina have a past together yet.

Say... didn't Kria mention that it was like a little more of her brother slipped away each time he came back? Maybe his speech bubbles are indicative of another bit of him slipping away.

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 13, 2009, 02:34:51 AM
It's official.  No way is this chapter finishing in the next four pages.  This is definitely going to be the longest DMFA chapter so far.

:)
Someone looks happy. ;)

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Jairus on March 13, 2009, 02:36:13 AM
Hm... I don't think he has any idea. Regina hasn't even mentioned Dan's name yet: she may have been more concerned with telling her uncle that there was an adventurer intruder, and he was an Incubus, and that he was here to stop Aliph's resurrection. I don't think she's been behind those doors for very long, so she hasn't had much time to raise Aliph from the dead and explain the basics of the situation to him. Aliph might not even know that this adventurer and Regina have a past together yet.
Yeah, that's what I assumed. He has a bad look of who's on the ground there, so maybe he didn't realize.
I was going to comment he fought Dan with red robe on, not with black pants, but in #154 he goes shirtless and wears the same pants. Except for he has a small brown belt now instead of a big red one.

On a side-note, I do have to admit Regina pulled a good smug evil pose there.

Gasp! DP isn't wearing shoulder pads! He's nekkid!

Madmann135

Quote from: Fex on March 13, 2009, 02:35:44 AM
man that is one good punch line :B

In my opinion that punchline is one of the best punchlines in the comic.  

Hall of fame worthy

tiggertoo

Regina just did a silent (and extremely smug) version of "I'm invincible!" -- of course she's gonna instantly get it right in the kisser. Heh *snerk* - Dan's timing is impeccable.  :mowninja

No, I don't think Regina has told DP who he was facing (and you can be sure whatever she said was purely a product of "Regina vision" -- thus having little to do with any objective reality). I very much doubt that Regina has any idea that Dan is the one that's been vanquishing DP all these times -- she has no reason to think they know each other or to even bother telling DP Dan's name (this is Regina vision remember).

I think Dan's going to basically tell DP to sit down and take a number.  :mowhappy

Kipiru

Well at least Dan's persistant- first things first right. Regina getting decked with that smug smile on her face made my day! GO DAN!

e_voyager

my guess is that dan feels Regina first then Alife if he needs to kill him again
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AmigaDragon

Quote from: tiggertoo on March 13, 2009, 03:51:12 AM
Regina just did a silent (and extremely smug) version of "I'm invincible!" -- of course she's gonna instantly get it right in the kisser. Heh *snerk* - Dan's timing is impeccable.  :mowninja

I think Dan's going to basically tell DP to sit down and take a number.  :mowhappy

Actually, as an experience adventurer, he disabled the distraction before facing the more serious threat. I think Regina might be out for the count (did she even see the punch before it connected?), or at least until the fight is at least half over. Once he's done with Aliph, he can mop the floor with Regina, at which point, Kria and Lorenda might moderate.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on March 13, 2009, 04:14:50 AM
my guess is that dan feels Regina first then Alife if he needs to kill him again
Well, he came here explicitly to kill (or abort) DP.

Regina is very lucky - by rights that should have gone through her skull.  Remember, what happened to the pillars can happen to her too.
DP also seems to have most of the wounds from the last battle.  Weak spots, anyone?

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 13, 2009, 02:34:51 AM

I'm hoping the radio version will still fit on two tapes.  Do you know how much those things cost?   :U

In principle Dan could slice DP in half and decapitate Regina here and now, thus preserving the SAIA arc as the longest running series(*).  Since that wouldn't sit with the rating I;m definitely curious as to how this is going to unfold.

And I get to voice DP again.  Yeah!

* Though this ending would have some wonderful dialogue:

Abel: Ah, you're back.  Where have you been?
Dan: Shopping.
Fi: We went to find Destania, got drunk, then we went to some housing estate and Dan tore two demons apart limb from limb using only his wings, feeding upon their terror and pain!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

You know I half expected DP filled will sorts of bugs and stuff...Guess demon horse hide is stronger than we thought.

I don't think DP will be back in total 100% shape..WHo knows, I guess it be like fighting Palatines clone....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 13, 2009, 04:30:29 AM
I'm hoping the radio version will still fit on two tapes.  Do you know how much those things cost?   :U

"You should buy in bulk."
"SHRINKAGE!"
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hellcat

this scene can only be described as LOLZ!  :3

Cvstos

Fi: We went to find Destania, got drunk, then we went to some housing estate and Dan tore two demons apart limb from limb using only his wings, feeding upon their terror and pain!

XD Now *that* would be hilarious! Too bad Amber can't use it because it'd both violate the ratings and has already been guessed. Quick, unguess, unguess!!
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

e_voyager

Well, he came here explicitly to kill (or abort) DP.

Regina is very lucky - by rights that should have gone through her skull.  Remember, what happened to the pillars can happen to her too.
DP also seems to have most of the wounds from the last battle.  Weak spots, anyone?

i don't think Dan want it to end easy for Regina. Alfi is definitely the greater threat  so know out the girl  but do it in a manner that wipes the grin off of her face and lets her know she's got some pain coming then deal with the main real keeping DP among the deceased.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey