03/09/09 [DMFA #979] - More of a social faux pas

Started by Jairus, March 09, 2009, 12:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Ooh... oh dear. Does this mean that Aliph is back? Or... what? Great, another quasi cliffhanger.

This might be a good reason for Dan to not kill Regina yet.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Cylonis

And thus things get more complected. =3 This should be interesting.

MaskedRetriever

I think Dan just bamfed through the wall via Warp Aci.  Aleph and Rigina both in BIG trouble now  :mwaha

Pagan

Oh great, now an even better cliff-hanger for Amber to change the scene with. So... Is Aliph back again? We'll know later.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

AndersW

I looks like DP is back.  I wonder how he is going to react to Angry Dan.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

tiggertoo

I think Regina futzing about in there may have taken care of cremating DP all by herself.  :mowhappy  It would seem that certain powerful magic items could use a bit of idiot proofing like Jyrras' lab. Dan kinda gets a bit of shock treatment too -- or would that be shockwave treatment.

Cogidubnus

Resurrecting Aliph is a pretty savvy and situationally-aware way to even the odds. Point to Regina.

Baal Hadad

I'm beginning to think this whole chapter could almost serve as a mini-comic all on its own--there is just SO MUCH GOING ON here that it's mind-boggling....   :erk

I'm trying to think of any place where I've seen a similar level of complexity, and I'm stumped.  Even Chapter 18, which is so far still longer, didn't seem to have quite THAT much going on in it....

!KCA

Alternatively, Regina accidentally started/finished the ritual, wound up fueling the resurrection, and got her soul eaten by Aliph. Dark Pegasus' big entrance may start with her lifeless husk being tossed out the door.

What would DP be like powered by the shredded remains of Regina's soul.

Jairus

Quote from: !KCA on March 09, 2009, 01:46:16 AM
Alternatively, Regina accidentally started/finished the ritual, wound up fueling the resurrection, and got her soul eaten by Aliph. Dark Pegasus' big entrance may start with her lifeless husk being tossed out the door.

What would DP be like powered by the shredded remains of Regina's soul.
"Oh, my, gawd! I chipped a claw! And this robe is like, sooo tacky! It totally clashes with my hair! And red is o-u-t OUT this season! Uh, and I've got split ends! But now I can, like, rampage and stuff! Yay!"

GabrielsThoughts

oooh...what if it's possession. Dark Pegasus awakens to find he IS Regina. then both of Dan's enemies will/can be smited in one toasty package. this is of course  assuming Merl or Abel taught Dan fire magic or simmilar.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Anri

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on March 09, 2009, 12:30:17 AM
I think Dan just bamfed through the wall via Warp Aci.  Aleph and Rigina both in BIG trouble now  :mwaha

No, no, very much not the case. That blur going past Kria is Dan. Pretty sure he was launched. Also, the door is open a crack now.

Jer-oh-me

I'm just wondering, based on the overall charred appearance of the doomy door in the last panel, if Dan, in a literal sense here, exploded? Quite the way to off a character, but then I'm doubtful that Cubi come with an impotent rage self destruct function, as that seems stupid. Anyway, the less ridiculous thought is that I wonder if he extruded his way through the door somehow. (Is Extrude the right word?) Or is it as a friend is suggesting, that he was blown back by the magical door frame? Blah, just felt like saying something, since I so rarely do.

Jairus

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on March 09, 2009, 02:53:23 AM
I'm just wondering, based on the overall charred appearance of the doomy door in the last panel, if Dan, in a literal sense here, exploded? Quite the way to off a character, but then I'm doubtful that Cubi come with an impotent rage self destruct function, as that seems stupid. Anyway, the less ridiculous thought is that I wonder if he extruded his way through the door somehow. (Is Extrude the right word?) Or is it as a friend is suggesting, that he was blown back by the magical door frame? Blah, just felt like saying something, since I so rarely do.
No, Dan's fine. Amber is NOT going to kill off one of the two title characters at this point in the storyline, especially in such a way. It's probably more like that scene in Jurassic Park where Tim gets blown off the electric fence when the power is restored, like a security device for a panic room or something like that. Or someone (Aliph?) used magic to blow the doors open and clear the way for their triumphant entry. Which is a little more likely here.

LoneHowler

Yep Dan was blown backward at quite some force in panel 3 he may be out of it for a bit. what exactly when on behind the door is a mystery but I believe Regina found a weapon judging by the kk before the BOOM in the bottom of panel 2
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Anri

Quote from: LoneHowler on March 09, 2009, 03:50:02 AM
Yep Dan was blown backward at quite some force in panel 3 he may be out of it for a bit. what exactly when on behind the door is a mystery but I believe Regina found a weapon judging by the kk before the BOOM in the bottom of panel 2

No... not a weapon. :D Kira mentioning 'so much for getting paid', don't forget Dan was going to pay her for not resurrecting Aliph. Well, I suppose he COULD be considered a weapon of sorts. ;3

Janus Whitefurr

If it is Aliph, I can totally see Regina hiding behind him. Or peeking around the edge of the door as a "yeah! go get him! kick his butt!" wimpy supporter role. :u
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

I had originally assumed it was some kind of security device on the door.  Now I'm not so sure.
I bet Dan wishes he had his robe again.

Something I don't see anyone commenting on is that Devin and Fi are unlikely to take a massive explosion to be the dryer.  Time to get Abel, I think...

EDIT:

I wonder if 'Cubi have a reflex to cushion a fall etc with their tentacles?

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 09, 2009, 12:33:32 AM
holly spit two updates?
Two days - one yesterday, one today.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

inuhanyo

So, it is sort of a safe room, after all.  I was speculating that it was a strong room or some such thing.

And I thought that things were going to quiet down now.  Hah!

With luck, Friday we get too see what Regina hath wrought.  Yeah, final faceoff between Incubus Dan and Dark Pegasus does seem likely.  It would be interesting to see Aliph's reaction to discovering that Daniel Ti'Fiona is an Incubus.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on March 09, 2009, 07:44:55 AM
It would be interesting to see Aliph's reaction to discovering that Daniel Ti'Fiona is an Incubus.
I still say he's had pretty good grounds to suspect it.

Arcblade

Ouch...  It seemed like the ritual Kria was going to do was a pretty dark secret.  It would be odd if Regina knew it.  Heh.  "Resist all outer assaults" huh.  Never mind that it looks like Dan managed to crack it open..   :mowninja

Mao

Quote from: Arcblade on March 09, 2009, 08:21:52 AM
Ouch...  It seemed like the ritual Kria was going to do was a pretty dark secret.  It would be odd if Regina knew it.  Heh.  "Resist all outer assaults" huh.  Never mind that it looks like Dan managed to crack it open..   :mowninja

Either that or someone opened it from the inside and that's why Dan went flying backwards.

Lisky

Judge by Kria's comment, i'd say DP is back... well, that and the murderous intent smoke is awesome...  :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on March 09, 2009, 08:40:16 AM
Judge by Kria's comment, i'd say DP is back... well, that and the murderous intent smoke is awesome...  :3

Initially I'd assumed she meant Dan wouldn't look quite so pretty with a lump on the back of his head and a cut lip, but yeah, DP's return seems the better bet, all things considered.

Madmann135

I am going to try to put things into perspective.  Dan faced Aliph AKA Dark Pegasus numerous times in the past.  We know that DP was defeated/slain by Dan 3 times while Dan was not an incubus and each time Aliph lost a bit of himself and some of his power.
Now Dan has some incubus training, he knows the basics of controlling and understanding his power he is a greater threat than he was before.  Mad thinks the battle between Dan and Aliph is mostly one sided now.

I am going by the theory that Regina decided to resurrect Dark Pegasus herself in an attempt to double team Dan with Aliph.  In a way that's a bad move as Dan might learn something dangerous (by instinct no less) or he might get a serous power boost as the pain that's going around will fuel his power.

Things have gotten interesting.

Kira was probably fixated on the idea of getting a more "flexible and enjoyable" form of payment from Dan on delaying the resurrection.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

GabrielsThoughts

changing the subject again....what if Dan is possessed by  DP/Aliph? and the crew has band together  to stop him.

Lowde

My bet is Regina managed to finish the Resurrection ritual and DP is back, then he blasted the door from the inside as soon as he heard who was on the other side... Regina and DP tag battle Dan who just happen to not have his awesome robe of magic protection... In the end either Lorenda or Kria or both stop the battle and everybody talk it over some Devin's sandwishes and DP and Regina end up being support characters in the comic, pretty much like Kria is at the moment.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 09, 2009, 10:03:11 AM
I am going by the theory that Regina decided to resurrect Dark Pegasus herself in an attempt to double team Dan with Aliph. 

If this is the case, perhaps she didn't do it right and got some undesired result. Maybe DP comes back undead, becoming something he hates.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 09, 2009, 01:03:54 PM
If this is the case, perhaps she didn't do it right and got some undesired result. Maybe DP comes back undead, becoming something he hates.

That would be pretty sweet, actually.  Poetic justice and all.