Amber: Ustream?

Started by Jack McSlay, March 06, 2009, 02:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Artists broadcasting themselves working has become quite trendy. Have you considered doing that?
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Naldru

I think that Amber knowing that she is being watched by her adoring horde of fans would only increase the stress level.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

Regardless of the adulation she gets from us.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Darkmoon

That, or she does it without telling Mason, just so that he won't know when he's on camera as he walks past in the buff.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

techmaster-glitch

Chaos

One of the few times I will outright cop to RL associations.

You don't want to see Mason in the buff. Amber doesn't want to see Mason in the buff, and she's married to him. I think even Mason only tolerates himself in the buff and only does it to share his pain with the world.

Turnsky

i think it might be wiser that we don't see amber in her NyQuil-Induced state right now, we may not like what we see...

of course if it came to that, we wouldn't need eyes where we're going..

Handbasket anybody? >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Turnsky on March 07, 2009, 08:50:01 AMi think it might be wiser that we don't see amber in her NyQuil-Induced state right now, we may not like what we see...

In a typical artist's Ustream session, you see only the drawing in progress, so the most you'll see of the artist is his/her hand, if the drawng is made traditionally

Lizardbeth has made a number of them and saved for posteriority (including traditional-media works), if anyone here never watched one http://www.ustream.tv/channel/liz-draws-stuff
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Mao

I still don't want to see Mason in the buff.. no matter what his Wii-fit tells him.

Turnsky

Quote from: Jack McSlay on March 07, 2009, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 07, 2009, 08:50:01 AMi think it might be wiser that we don't see amber in her NyQuil-Induced state right now, we may not like what we see...

In a typical artist's Ustream session, you see only the drawing in progress, so the most you'll see of the artist is his/her hand, if the drawng is made traditionally

Lizardbeth has made a number of them and saved for posteriority (including traditional-media works), if anyone here never watched one http://www.ustream.tv/channel/liz-draws-stuff

you missed my point entirely.

two words: Yellow Submarine.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Amber Williams

I dont own a camera or webcam or video-recorder of any sort so I doubt making any type of video would be possible.

Lisky

but just last week you told me anything was possible with imagination... are you saying that ...you lied to me...   :U

sorry, couldn't resist a moment of sarcasm...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Amber Williams

I am but a creature full of lies, broken promises, and squishy bits. :U

Shachza

With the way I draw I doubt I'd have the patience to sit through other people drawing.  Unless it was in time-lapse and it looked like the artist was Super Drawer, Artist of the Speeding Pen.   :erk

P.S.  Welcome back Amber!
            <-- #1 that is!

Jairus

Amber lives!

And yes, the lack of a video camera would be a major hurdle to leap over. Why not a Twitter? You know, one of those mini blogs where you type just a sentence or two?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Amber Williams

I have always been a bit slow on the desire to do things like twitter or livejournal or DA or FA or the various social things that everyone seems to do. I am woefully anti-social it seems. :<

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 08, 2009, 01:42:10 PM
I have always been a bit slow on the desire to do things like twitter or livejournal or DA or FA or the various social things that everyone seems to do. I am woefully anti-social it seems. :<
Oh. Yeah, that would be another major stumbling block. But you'd get a whole lot of people watching your twitter, that's for sure. Okay, silly idea, let it pass.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on March 08, 2009, 01:54:13 PM
Oh. Yeah, that would be another major stumbling block. But you'd get a whole lot of people watching your twitter, that's for sure. Okay, silly idea, let it pass.

And the other problem - she'd have to stop drawing to comment that she was drawing something.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

I have to say, it's kinda creepy how much folks want to know about/see Amber.  Almost stalkerish at times.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 08, 2009, 02:21:10 PM
Quote from: Jairus on March 08, 2009, 01:54:13 PM
And the other problem - she'd have to stop drawing to comment that she was drawing something.
True... at which point she'd comment on her commenting on drawing something, setting up a recursive logic bomb that would cause the Advanced Macro-Biological Engram Robot 9000 to lock up and simply repeat "Must draw. Must draw. Must draw." over and over again. Let's not do that.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 08, 2009, 02:24:24 PM
I have to say, it's kinda creepy how much folks want to know about/see Amber.  Almost stalkerish at times.
The root word of "Fan" is "Fanatic." And Amber's fans are quite that.

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on March 08, 2009, 02:29:20 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 08, 2009, 02:24:24 PM
The root word of "Fan" is "Fanatic." And Amber's fans are quite that.

Quote from: Wikipedia
The difference between a fan and a fanatic is that while both have an overwhelming liking or interest in a given subject, behaviour of a fanatic will be viewed as violating prevailing social norms, while that of a fan will not violate those norms (although the person may be considered unusual).

Just thought that was a good response to that.  Fanatic indeed.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 08, 2009, 11:58:13 AM
I dont own a camera or webcam or video-recorder of any sort so I doubt making any type of video would be possible.
Wait a second! While Amber does sketch/ink her work by hand, isn't mode of the work(by time) done on computer? It would seem to me that a camera is unnecessary - only a screen recording program! A quick googling shows that not only is this possible, there is a complete how-to on the subject!

Quote from: Shachza on March 08, 2009, 12:43:02 PM
With the way I draw I doubt I'd have the patience to sit through other people drawing.  Unless it was in time-lapse and it looked like the artist was Super Drawer, Artist of the Speeding Pen.   :erk

P.S.  Welcome back Amber!
I have to agree with that - I suppose however if this *did* happen, someone would record & speed up at least one page.

I would find it interesting to just pop in and watch for a couple minutes to both A, see the progress towards the next comic, and B, see exactly how Amber colors.

Just my 2c.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Howl

The majority of Amber's fanbase is kinda (understatement alert!) insane. Main source for that statement, the old Cameo Auction.