02/22/09 [DMFA #977] - Amber's a Gangstah

Started by Sukasa, February 26, 2009, 10:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sukasa

...You get some very interesting emails, Amber o_O.  I have to laugh at yours and Fluffy's expressions in the second (third?) panel.  do you get emails like this often?

EDIT: bah, accidentally submitted too early. 

VSMIT

Verily.  We need to figure out who this Caleb is.  And how someone mistook him for a DMFA character.

Jairus

No clue. The Wikipedia article's no help at all.

Still, I love your Questions From The Readers, Amber. And it sucks that your mice seem to hate you.

EDIT: Besides, Vampires are extinct. We all know that.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

... not only do we need to figure out who this Caleb is... i think we should kill him...

why do we kill this vampire, 2 reason, #1, they're supposed to be extinct... he is violating the scientific definition of extinction... and therefore must be put in line...

#2... it'll be amusing...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Corgatha Taldorthar

pfahahahahahahaha. Nice break from the drama.

I don't remember for certain, as I wasn't an avid fan, but I seem to recall a "Caleb" as an important late series villian in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (There's also Kaleb from Alcritas's arc, but that's even more obscure and spelled differently)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

GabrielsThoughts

When I deleted my fan comic I re colored, edited, and  re named Abel Caleb... However,  I only kept the first three pages since it  more or less actually happened but still I don't understand why or how  there could be  confusion related to that since it was only used as a filler.

http://nio.smackjeeves.com/comics/541073/unholy-scion/   

EDIT: I have no vampires...as of yet

also this could be CVRPG confusion or Last resort confusion since they have vampies.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Mao

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 26, 2009, 10:59:59 PM
... not only do we need to figure out who this Caleb is... i think we should kill him...

Maybe we can have Abel do it... I mean, they both have biblical names... seems only right... would have been better if the reader had asked for Cain though.

icarus

this gave me a laugh because i have a friend named caleb who i could easily see writing a letter like that to an artist he admired as a joke

though i don't think it's him, it was a funny mental image :B

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Noone

GabrielsThoughts

I thought amber said the vampiers went extinct as a result of "over specialization."
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

GabrielsThoughts

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_510.php

Huzzah!!! miracle.

so wait, is Caleb the vampire  or the dragon thing?

Darkmoon

I can assure you there is no Caleb in CVRPG.

Although, that said, now I want there to be.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Janus Whitefurr

"Caleb?"
"Gabriel?"
"Gabriella. It's a long story."
"Save it for someone who cares."
"Is that any way to greet an old friend?"
"Things have changed, but I don't need to tell you that."
"I have to go with you. Find out what's going on."
"You're not my type."
"Looked in the mirror lately? You're no cat yourself."
~ the first Caleb I thought of, and his former buddy Gabriel(la), Blood 2.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jairus

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 26, 2009, 11:44:24 PM

As a character who dies horribly in one comic?

Speaking of which... I have finally started reading CVRPG. Wish me luck.

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 26, 2009, 11:47:18 PM
"Caleb?"
"Gabriel?"
"You're not my type."
Um... what?

Lisky

Dark... Caleb doesn't exist yet, and he's already earned himself a lethal does of ire from myself...

i don't know when he'll get involved, but rest assured, when he does, he's getting an injection of silver-nitrate and garlic extract... (because as a soon to be doctor, i have to kill people in doctor like ways)

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 26, 2009, 11:44:24 PM

I thought caleb was the name of that random guy...they hooked up with that one time. I never did/could remember his name.

*Just Great* , now I have to trawl through CVRPG and prove myself wrong.... NAAAAH I'll take your word for it. wait are you sure Caleb isn't the guy from the future they saw in the waterfall in the future of another comic?

mopman

Drat I was going to mention the extinction of Vampires via Dragon landing but you beat me to it , oh well  :mowtongue
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Ganurath

My money says that Caleb is a horrible, horrible spelling error, and that they meant Abel.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Ganurath on February 27, 2009, 12:03:34 AM
My money says that Caleb is a horrible, horrible spelling error, and that they meant Abel.

I'm not a gambling sort, but I agree with that assessment.  "Caleb" is an anagram for "Abel" plus "C."

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 27, 2009, 12:48:14 AM
Quote from: Ganurath on February 27, 2009, 12:03:34 AM

I'm not a gambling sort, but I agree with that assessment.  "Caleb" is an anagram for "Abel" plus "C."

Clearly a 200-page backstory is not enough for some people. TBH, I'm quite happy with it. The only thing that could make me happier is if it updated more without losing quality. However, that would probably kill Amber after about a week of doing that (even if she is a gangstah), and that would most certainly not make anyone involved happy.

Darkmoon

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 26, 2009, 11:59:56 PM

*Just Great* , now I have to trawl through CVRPG and prove myself wrong.... NAAAAH I'll take your word for it. wait are you sure Caleb isn't the guy from the future they saw in the waterfall in the future of another comic?

...could be... but I don't think so.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Turnsky

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 26, 2009, 11:47:18 PM
"Caleb?"
"Gabriel?"
"You're not my type."

first thing i thought of, but that Caleb's not a vampire, technically speaking, he's either undead, immortal, or whatever.

@Amber-Rant: Is there anything you can do in the interim?.. Borrow/Cobble together a workable PC to do you until you're more prepared to spend funds on a more functional piece of hardware?
That said: does your tablet still function? or did that go like the mice, too? you use that as an somewhat awkward replacement for a mouse.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Terrion

Oddly, My first thought upon reading today's comic was: "OMG! Kirby ate Amber! You bas--  Um... Does this mean Kirby now has mad artist skills?"  :mowdizzy

Zina

Caleb is my super powerful Fae-Dragon mix. He's also super sexy and all the girls in DMFA wish to date him.
I am not surprised he is someone's favorite character.

Agika

Well, if you think about it...

If there is no Caleb in DMFA, then there definitely needs to be a lot more of him.  What character needs an appearance more than a nonexistent one? :P

Zina

This is totally what Caleb looks like in my mind.
I am now going to copy and paste his image into every single DMFA comic, as he is the best DMFA character.

Terrion

Quote from: Zina on February 27, 2009, 01:53:01 AM
Caleb is my super powerful Fae-Dragon mix. He's also super sexy and all the girls in DMFA wish to date him.
I am not surprised he is someone's favorite character.

If that's Caleb, then I'm afraid that I must list him under the heading of Those Who Need to Die Deaths Too Painful and Horrible for Wildy...   :erk

Sure, camios are nice, and some of us even pay for really good ones, but that's a primal Mary-Jane if I ever saw one...  

And now, thanks to Zina, we know who to look for...    >:3

Zina

You're just jealous because he is too awesome for you to handle.
I bet you wish you came up with a character as cool as Caleb.
I bet you do.

Terrion

Suuuuuure.

I too could have a popular fae-dragon mix that everyone just wanted to cuddle and love to pieces.

Too bad my awsome character would be laying about in a vegitive state for twenty-one years and twenty-one days before spontaneously dropping dead, since Hollows have no souls...

EDIT: I really need to figure out how to do archive links...

Jairus

Quote from: Zina on February 27, 2009, 02:30:40 AM
You're just jealous because he is too awesome for you to handle.
I bet you wish you came up with a character as cool as Caleb.
I bet you do.
I can.

A character more powerful than a mere Fae.
Able to warp reality with nary a thought.
If this character wished it, the Fae would be fish.
And this character is loved by all who meet them, because they are that awesome.
Bow down before the glory of the coolest character to have ever existed!