02/19/09 [Abel 2 #46] - Do you really wish to be here?

Started by Sukasa, February 19, 2009, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sukasa

Awesome, new Abel's Story.  Interesting question posed by Fa'Lina, I wonder if this is much of a foreshadowing considering Fa'Lina's abilities. :)

Tyranastrasz

Perhaps by confronting him on the subject now, she prevents him from brooding on it himself and thus he stays there. Maybe she causes him to go off on his own for a while, too O.o This next comic could prove to be a very important part of Abel's Story...

inuhanyo

Aniz's ultimatum constrains Abel to SAIA, for as long as May is alive.  But I can well believe that Abel, at this point, doesn't have it in his heart to fight Aniz.  So I expect Abel won't leave SAIA, but the direction of his studies is very ... open.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Sukasa on February 19, 2009, 01:10:18 AM
(snip) Interesting question posed by Fa'Lina, (snip)

If you were a librarian that discovered you had to become a warrior to defend yourself against your own father, that would not give you joie de vivre, would it.   :mowsad

Hmm.... maybe that is why he was sent to teach Dan.  The time is coming, and there are things he can learn from Dan.

(insert "Scary Dan is Scary" picture here) I'M THE (censored) DANMAN!  :batman

With regards,
Ted

Jairus

I have to say... Fa'Lina looks so sad in that panel. Or not sad... I don't know. There's just something about her expression. And Abel... well, he's got a crap choice here, no doubting that.

Also, SAIA sounds like an awesome school.

Also, RIP lil' Spinny. I can understand the attachment. *fondly remembers first laptop, third laptop, and second iPod* Good times. Good times. But why do my laptops have a tendency for breaking?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Jairus on February 19, 2009, 01:36:41 AM
I have to say... Fa'Lina looks so sad in that panel. Or not sad... I don't know. There's just something about her expression. And Abel... well, he's got a crap choice here, no doubting that.

Also, SAIA sounds like an awesome school.

Also, RIP lil' Spinny. I can understand the attachment. *fondly remembers first laptop, third laptop, and second iPod* Good times. Good times. But why do my laptops have a tendency for breaking?

I would say it is a look of pity and remorse. And yeah, not really the kind of choice one enjoys making.

*Remembers his first portable CD player* That thing was soooo ghetto... The second one was pretty pimp though. My first (and only, thus far) computer that I could actually call my own was made for Windows 95, if that gives you any idea of how old it was. I got it in ~2004, and it ran on Windows ME. It was bad.

LigerJet

I have a question about Fa'Lina.  Have we found out what emotion she has an affinity to?  I noticed she seems like a very caring person.

Kipiru

Quote from: LigerJet on February 19, 2009, 02:00:22 AM
I have a question about Fa'Lina.  Have we found out what emotion she has an affinity to?  I noticed she seems like a very caring person.

Noone knows so far, even the other cubi- that's why Fa'lina is a goddess among all others! All hail Fa'lina!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 19, 2009, 01:54:46 AM
*Remembers his first portable CD player* That thing was soooo ghetto... The second one was pretty pimp though.

I still have my first portable, a Radio Shack model bought around 1990, and it still works fine. It doesn't even have trouble playing home-burned discs like so many players made after it apparently did. Now, why do so many recent players quit working after such a short time? :mowninja
Amber, maybe you can find a temporary Spinny cheap at a thrift store until you decide to find a decent one. The next one I get (whenever that is) will have mp3 capability (unless something even better comes along).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Ted Schiller on February 19, 2009, 01:26:20 AM
Quote from: Sukasa on February 19, 2009, 01:10:18 AM
(snip) Interesting question posed by Fa'Lina, (snip)

If you were a librarian that discovered you had to become a warrior to defend yourself against your own father, that would not give you joie de vivre, would it.   :mowsad

Hmm.... maybe that is why he was sent to teach Dan.  The time is coming, and there are things he can learn from Dan.

(insert "Scary Dan is Scary" picture here) I'M THE (censored) DANMAN!  :batman

With regards,
Ted
I doubt it. Abel is 399 years old according to his profile, so his mom is probably long dead. Whatever goes on here will be related to him closing down and turning being alone into an art. Of course the question is, how does he know Edward? Hope that one will be answered one day in the faaaar future.

Turnsky

Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 19, 2009, 05:17:16 AM
I doubt it. Abel is 399 years old according to his profile, so his mom is probably long dead. Whatever goes on here will be related to him closing down and turning being alone into an art. Of course the question is, how does he know Edward? Hope that one will be answered one day in the faaaar future.

became undead, but who knows, Abel might be sentimental deep down that spotted exterior.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Akisohida

Quote from: Turnsky on February 19, 2009, 07:33:36 AM
Quote from: Michael Chandra on February 19, 2009, 05:17:16 AM

became undead, but who knows, Abel might be sentimental deep down that spotted exterior.

Hehe. Jy has already proven that Abel is a kind person.

'YOU. BEEPED. MY. NOSE.'
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tycoon

I'll bet that he wants to learn torture and the like, first. This'll quench his possible thirst for revenge and give him an opportunity to meet Destania (although he wouldn't know the plot-convenience of it.)

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm not sure someone with hemophobia would be able to go thruogh a torture class all the way.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

Oh trust me.  There's plenty of ways to torture without drawing a drop of blood.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Yes, but I imagine some of the old school methods would probably be taught in any comprehensive class, and Abel rushing out trying to hold his stomach contents in will likely earn him the "runt of the litter" position.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Dekari

Quote from: LigerJet on February 19, 2009, 02:00:22 AM

I think this might be a hint or maybe it's just me, I don't know.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

mopman

Fa'Lina once noted how she wonders why people don't notice her ample bosom , its because they are too busy admiring her wisdom  8)
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

KyleEverett

I don't know about you, but I noticed her bosom today. Is it growing? Do we have a new Jyrras's ears on our hands?

Sunblink

Quote from: KyleEverett on February 19, 2009, 01:45:07 PM
I don't know about you, but I noticed her bosom today. Is it growing? Do we have a new Jyrras's ears on our hands?

No. Fa'Lina's always meant to have been well-endowed, and Amber's art style and her way of drawing Fa'Lina has been evolving to suit this. So sayeth Amber.

Believe it or not, I thought Fa'Lina was very well-proportioned in this comic. c:

But just so I'm saying something constructive: I'd be all for Abel finding his father and laying the smackdown on him. >:3 Although honestly, it doesn't seem like he has much of a choice; if he goes back home, there's not only a chance Aniz will kill May, but May might have essentially left Abel for dead. (Due to her actions in #101.) There's not much of a home to go back to. Kudos to Fa'Lina for offering him a choice anyway.

Jairus

I think it's more like Fa'Lina is gradually coming more in line with Amber's artistic vision of Fa'Lina as her skills grow, thus allowing her to draw Fa'Lina better. Likewise, it's more like Jyrras' ears just become more true to how Amber imagines him to look, and that just happens to include large fluffier ears.

On the other hand... Boobzilla!!!!! D: Quick, summon Danmera to battle it! And Astro Jy while we're at it!

EDIT: Ninja'ed! Curses!

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on February 19, 2009, 02:03:04 PM
I think it's more like Fa'Lina is gradually coming more in line with Amber's artistic vision of Fa'Lina as her skills grow, thus allowing her to draw Fa'Lina better. Likewise, it's more like Jyrras' ears just become more true to how Amber imagines him to look, and that just happens to include large fluffier ears.

On the other hand... Boobzilla!!!!! D: Quick, summon Danmera to battle it! And Astro Jy while we're at it!

I'm afraid I can't let you destroy that beautiful monster, Boobzilla.  For you see... I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!! :U

Jairus

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2009, 02:06:00 PM

I'm afraid I can't let you destroy that beautiful monster, Boobzilla.  For you see... I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!! :U
Then we must find a safe haven for it, where it can harm none and be left in peace...

To the Isle of Boobs!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jairus on February 19, 2009, 02:07:58 PM

Then we must find a safe haven for it, where it can harm none and be left in peace...

To the Isle of Boobs!

God damnit, I lol'd. :U

Ren Gaulen

To the Isle of Boobs!
I heard of the Cave of Boobs, but the Isle of Boobs is something new to me.

TO THE PERVERTCOPTER! >:O

Redeyessoul

you know I've always been rather drawn to her lips myself.  Her smile is warm and yet very sneaky, I think the boobs are just so you under estimate the sneakiness.

Michael Chandra

Wait, Fa'Lina has boobs? I never noticed. o_o

(Actually, I really didn't notice the cleavage on this one.)

Naldru

To the Isle of Boobs!

I'm just curious if you folks have read Crisis Of Infinite Cleavage by the Brothers Grinn.  (Which, by the way, has a link to Mab's Land.)

Or if anyone remembers the "booby trap" from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

This topic has been very, very, very heavily handled, fondled, folded, spindled, and mutilated using rules 34 to 37 (or 38, depending on the rule book in use).

Edit:  I added "spindled".  Thanks, llearch.  I really shouldn't have left it out.  Perhaps it was unconscious based on the idea that a spindle is a pointed rod that penetrates sheets of paper.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Psy-Kosh

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on February 19, 2009, 09:04:11 PM
This topic has been very, very, very heavily handled, fondled, folded, and mutilated using rules 34 to 37 (or 38, depending on the rule book in use).

Spindled?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears