02/06/09 [Abel 2 #43] - The Tour

Started by Jairus, February 05, 2009, 11:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Heheh, looks like Abel's attracted the eye of a young Sucubus. Who loves her sammich. And has suction cups. Hm. Interesting. An Octocubi. Or maybe an Octobus. Should I stop with the puns?

So... is it Fa'Lina giving him the tour? And that... raccoon?... in the second panel isn't being very nice, playing keepaway with that Warp-Aci and the cookie.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lego3400

At first I thought that was a girl... Then I noticed the flat and bare chest in the last panel... And is he waving at Abel or Fa'Lina (Or whoever the tour guide is) or someone we can't see... I can't tell..

Corgatha Taldorthar

I think he's just playing with his glow rat. If the warp-Aci really wants the cookie, he could just port over and grab it, right?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Arcblade

One of those Cubi looks a lot like Dan.  The one with magenta wings, freaking out.  Maybe another Cyra clan Cubi?  Regardless, cool.   :goamber

Pagan

I'm pretty sure that our sandwich eating, waving friend is male. Note the lack of breasts. Cute expressions though.
Oh, and there's the elephant cubi from the previous page.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Daymond42

Krystal can't enjoy her sandwich.... because the cubi got it instead. *nods sagely*
:boogie

Kanepaul

I wonder if the cubi with the sandwich is going to come back later in the story .

inuhanyo

Quote from: Arcblade on February 05, 2009, 11:44:44 PM
One of those Cubi looks a lot like Dan.  The one with magenta wings, freaking out.  Maybe another Cyra clan Cubi?  Regardless, cool.   :goamber

I noticed that too.  But this would be over 350 years before Dan was born, so...

The guide doesn't appear to be Fa'Lina though.  The wings are white with black tips and the clothing is a light blue.  Not that Fa'Lina couldn't shapeshit to match that, but why would she?

stiletto

Jairus

Janus Whitefurr

Note just to the left of the freaking out cubus that there's a canid head just leaning in from offpanel with a very sly look on its face. Oh dearie me.

And that octocubus or whatever it is is farging adorable. Can I keep him? :<
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 06, 2009, 12:29:21 AM
The guide doesn't appear to be Fa'Lina though.  The wings are white with black tips and the clothing is a light blue.  Not that Fa'Lina couldn't shapeshit to match that, but why would she?

That 'Cubi is heading in the opposite direction that Abel is facing and the speech bubbles are pointing to, so I would assume it is just some random passerby.

Also, the succubus with the book has returned as well!

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Jairus on February 05, 2009, 11:29:49 PMOr maybe an Octobus. Should I stop with the puns?

Is Octobusfest.

Also, comic is lovely. Exposition on SAIA is few and far between.

Kipiru

Man, I wish we could see the face of that golden- horned, blue- haired succubus in the bottom panel!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 05, 2009, 11:35:00 PM
At first I thought that was a girl... Then I noticed the flat and bare chest in the last panel... And is he waving at Abel or Fa'Lina (Or whoever the tour guide is) or someone we can't see... I can't tell..

I'm pretty sure it's Fa'Lina giving the tour. In Abel's recent/current state, she probably intends to be personally in charge of him for a while. Since she's out of view in each panel, and given the apparent eye contact, I say his wave is for Abel. Maybe he has a thing for spots, or maybe he's just on the lookout for new students to befriend.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Charles Stanford - Irish Rhapsody No. 4 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Brunhidden

abel has a new friend. a special friend.

anyone else think hes probably the 'touchie-feelie' kind?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Baal Hadad

I was going to make mention of my surprise that that character is apparently male (unless "she" has some strange condition of some sort)....

But now I'm not sure why I was surprised--in effect, I'm surprised at my own surprise....

Jairus

It could just be that Amber decided to subvert the Non-Mammal Mammaries trope, but I suppose it would be best for Amber to clear this up at some future point.

Tapewolf

I love the designs, all of them.  Is that a doberman on the left there?
Anyway, the main 'Cubi is puzzling me too, though he/she certainly seems to have something of an impulse control problem  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2009, 04:36:22 AM
Is that a doberman on the left there?

So you noticed it too, I wonder if it has something to do with the new character that you are introducing in PF.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on February 06, 2009, 04:53:41 AM
So you noticed it too, I wonder if it has something to do with the new character that you are introducing in PF.
Unlikely, though I did actually get the idea for him from one of Amber's side characters.  This doesn't look like them, though.

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on February 06, 2009, 05:04:54 AM
wrong hair color, remember?
Given that I was colouring the dude until 2AM last night, I hope that was aimed at Kipiru  >:3

Or, if you meant the other guy, his fur colour is wrong too.  Though I guess at the end of the day...
:shapeshifters

Kipiru

Well sure, I guess there are a lot of doberman cubi out there, I just thought it might be a sort of a wink from Amber to PF(resent fancomics and all).

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Kipiru on February 06, 2009, 05:17:47 AM
I just thought it might be a sort of a wink from Amber to PF(resent fancomics and all).

I know that's probably meant to say 'recent', but the typo has made me start giggling horribly. Considering the majority of fanstuff isn't particularly high quality 'resent' might be a better word. I can't comment on PF though. :b
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kipiru

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 06, 2009, 05:20:45 AM
I just thought it might be a sort of a wink from Amber to PF(resent fancomics and all).

I know that's probably meant to say 'recent', but the typo has made me start giggling horribly. Considering the majority of fanstuff isn't particularly high quality 'resent' might be a better word. I can't comment on PF though. :b

It is a typo- shame on me!  :B

Naldru

Actually, my first thought was that the cubi really likes toast.  Well, we'll see what happens.
:shapeshifters

Edit:

I may have been too subtle.
Aaryanna likes toast.
Note emoticon above.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Turnsky

Well sure, I guess there are a lot of doberman cubi out there, I just thought it might be a sort of a wink from Amber to PF(resent fancomics and all).

getting back on topic, this comic is about this guy after all:

Click for Larger Image

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tycoon

Anyone flash back to this comic when noticing the tentacles? I'm particularly interested in what this cubi's reaction will be when Abel starts wearing skirts...

Kipiru

Quote from: Tycoon on February 06, 2009, 06:23:52 AM
Anyone flash back to this comic when noticing the tentacles? I'm particularly interested in what this cubi's reaction will be when Abel starts wearing skirts...

Actually I get reminded of this- damn, I still can't get over the fact that Hennya got killed, she didn't deserve it.