01/09/09 [Abel 2 #42] - College

Started by AndersW, January 08, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

I love the clan marking on the nose.  And is that a Warp-Aci with a cookie inside it?

Jairus

Wow... so colorful and active! I wonder... Amber, did you have fun drawing this one?

And good luck next week! We're rooting for you! Amber Amber, she's our girl, she can't do it... hm... um... gee... hmm...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jairus on January 08, 2009, 11:42:29 PM
Wow... so colorful and active! I wonder... Amber, did you have fun drawing this one?

:kittyno

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 08, 2009, 11:46:08 PM

on the bright side, Amber, at least you didn't haveta draw spotted characters repeatedly.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 08, 2009, 11:46:08 PM

... I'm sorry. Please don't kill me.

For what it's worth, it looks amazing, and really helps remind me how big SAIA is.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Angel

Whee this page got the "Queen of the Winter Night" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra stuck in my head. So fun to look at!

And no need to thank any of us, Amber. We should be thanking you for still putting up a comic as you go through this craziness. On that note... thank you.  :hug
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Lisky

... for some reason the last panel made me think of hallway hockey in the dorms... good times, good times

oh, and also, that guy in the background(again, 3rd panel), red and black is that terror, or is he having a heart attack?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

superluser

I wonder what that language is on that book.

Time to consult the Codex Serafinianus!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Corgatha Taldorthar

You know, this got me wondering. If a 'Cubi has a clan symbol on say the top of the head, or anywhere that celiphic hair would be on a human, would that "hair" hide the symbol even when the normal fur that most 'Cubi have doesn't?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

TGIF

I must admit that I'm a bit confused as to what is going on in this week's Abel strip.

While very interesting visually, I'm afraid I'm totally lost as to how this follows from the previous strip.

Anyone care to explain?

Thanks!

senrath

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 09, 2009, 12:05:39 AM
oh, and also, that guy in the background(again, 3rd panel), red and black is that terror, or is he having a heart attack?
Looks more like anger or rage to me.  Most likely directed at the gryphon cubi jumping over him.

Also, do I spy some CnC characters in the third panel?

Kenji

Congratulations, Amber. You managed to draw a cubi group strip without a cameo!

senrath

Quote from: Kenji on January 09, 2009, 12:57:34 AM
Erm, unless I'm really mistaken, the cubi in the third panel with the pink wings is Sari from Cats N' Cameras, and the one with the green headwings next to her is Jo, from the same comic.  (Before anyone who's never heard of Cats N' Cameras goes looking for it, just wanna warn you that it's rated MA).

Kenji

Quote from: senrath on January 09, 2009, 01:07:29 AM
Quote from: Kenji on January 09, 2009, 12:57:34 AM
Erm, unless I'm really mistaken, the cubi in the third panel with the pink wings is Sari from Cats N' Cameras, and the one with the green headwings next to her is Jo, from the same comic.  (Before anyone who's never heard of Cats N' Cameras goes looking for it, just wanna warn you that it's rated MA).

Wasn't under the pic, so news to me.
Fail, then.

ShiningShadow

I like the Elephant Cubi she's hot but overall. It's very subtle on how the college Abel is attending could be this chaotic a very nice touch to it.

GabrielsThoughts

where's the dialog, what are they all thinking?  :bunny
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Slowtini

Cookie ACI made me smile. :>

For a second I thought the clan-marking on it WAS a cookie.

GabrielsThoughts

I dunno the little one in the last panel looks like the unholy love child of Jyrras and Kria... I wonder if he's related to either of them.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

!KCA

Quote from: TGIF on January 09, 2009, 12:42:52 AM
I must admit that I'm a bit confused as to what is going on in this week's Abel strip.

While very interesting visually, I'm afraid I'm totally lost as to how this follows from the previous strip.

Anyone care to explain?

Thanks!

I'll give it a shot.

When a new Abel's Story page comes up, I generally start a few pages back to refresh my memory and get a feel for the pacing. I didn't do it this time because the previous page led me to believe there was a scene change coming up. Hey, I was right! Scene change!

Kipiru

Green curly warp-aci in middle panel- Immensely CUTE! I want one!

AmigaDragon

Looks like the blue guys in the last panel might be a Gryphon B cubi, though I suppose he could be mythos instead, since they have such a wide range of types. Then again, it could just be :shapeshifters
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

!KCA

The blue guy's definitely a gryphon B derivative, although there is a mythos in that panel.

Howl

I don't care for the 'on fridays' schedule, but I'm not gonna complain, as DMFA and Abel's Story aren't the most important things in Amber's life.

tiggertoo

The Sari cubi is adorable -- and absolutely dead on; you couldn't draw her any more perfectly "on model". I hope she's one of the cubi clans that live on joy and happiness -- that would totally suit her character. Fun to see a bit of the chaos that is SAIA.

Good luck next week Amber! Don't worry about us -- any whiners will be taken out and shot somewhere especially painful.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jack McSlay

Quote from: AndersW on January 08, 2009, 11:25:21 PM
I love the clan marking on the nose.  And is that a Warp-Aci with a cookie inside it?
however, I don't think she does like. imagine how hard it is to hide you're a cubi if your clan marking is on the middle of your face. unless she liks to show off her cubiness
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on January 09, 2009, 05:37:46 AM
however, I don't think she does like. imagine how hard it is to hide you're a cubi if your clan marking is on the middle of your face. unless she liks to show off her cubiness
Probably depends on how many people know that 'Cubi have clan marks.  The casual observer might write it off as a tattoo like Xander did.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2009, 05:42:26 AM
Probably depends on how many people know that 'Cubi have clan marks.  The casual observer might write it off as a tattoo like Xander did.

I have to wonder... if Xander's "cousin" is a 'Cubi, running a tattoo store would be a pretty safe bet. Everyone would write off the mark as a tattoo, and if you're eating pain, you'd get fat off the customers. A win-win, as it were...

Just an idle thought I figured I'd share with folks, to mess with them. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Emerauld Drathmir

The cookie Aci has me grinning ear to ear.  Sooooo cute!

Thanks for giving us such a pretty and adorable update! 
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2009, 05:00:30 AM
Love the gryphon-'Cubi.

I totally agree with this statement.

This entire page is amazing. So shiny. :U I spy a bat-Cubi in the background, too! *hugs it*