01/02/09 [Abel 2 #41] - "No."

Started by !KCA, January 02, 2009, 01:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!KCA

I can't say I didn't expect this; still, that's pretty harsh. Abel is. . .well, pretty messed up. He's having a (I think) typical shut-out-the-world reaction. Probably the only thing preventing him from committing suicide, now or in the future, is that it simply isn't in his nature. I assume he'll explain himself next page. Unless he doesn't.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

superluser

Huh.

I can honestly say I'm not digging the white panel with the dialogue.  It doesn't seem to work.

Ah, well.  I guess next week's will probably be more to my liking.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Feather Dancer

Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Kipiru

Fa'lina's face in the top right panel - BEAUTIFUL!!!

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Kipiru on January 02, 2009, 05:22:48 AM
Fa'lina's face in the top right panel - BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hear Hear   

But I feel like the Abel's story could be over right here.  Oh we could get school stories, since we know that Abel never leaves unil Dan shows up. 

And Amber said she would do Regina's story after Abel's,  I think.

Amber don't Stress, get your paperwork done, first.  And maybe Abel or Regina can wait until you settled with Canada.

PBH

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 02, 2009, 07:12:04 AM
I don't remember hearing that.  Regina is due to turn up in the main comic at some point, though, and if memory serves we will get a truncated, lighter version of her backstory as part of that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

TheDXM

I look forward to seeing Aniz paid back for all the trouble. I bet Abel does too.

But something tells me it's not all going to be so simple.

Alondro

*Charline chuckles*  But Abel should go home... and help his mom clean off the pieces of their friend from the floor.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: The DXM on January 02, 2009, 10:38:43 AM
I look forward to seeing Aniz paid back for all the trouble. I bet Abel does too.
But something tells me it's not all going to be so simple.

I read it as Abel rejecting Dee's suggestion.  But I'm not sure.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Interesting that we don't get to see Abel's face as he makes his final decision to stay. I'd kill to see what's going on in his features at that instant.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 02, 2009, 07:19:55 AM
I don't remember hearing that.  Regina is due to turn up in the main comic at some point, though, and if memory serves we will get a truncated, lighter version of her backstory as part of that.

One thing I've been wondering about Regina is, what's up with her skeletal wing (in the cast bio)? Some kind of battle damage (permanent or temporary)? Something to do with undead? Merely a choice of appearance like cubi shape shifting (natural ability or magical)? I notice in (I think) her first appearance that both wings are whole, so whatever it is might be transient or a later change.

Unless Amber (or anyone else in the know) wants to give us a spoiler, we'll just have to wait to find out.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

The white at the end could simply mean that there is going to be a time lapse before the story resumes.  Also, as far as rejecting Dee's suggestion, we don't know what the suggestion was.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kamunt

Actually, I seem to recall Amber saying she wanted to actually use her characters she has all prettied up over at Mab's Land once she was done with Abel's Story. She seemed to imply that updates for that new comic would be taking the place of Abel's Story, but anything could've changed since then. Especially with the whole Canada vs. America blearghity.

Howl

I have no comment, but I want the time lapse to lead to a moment where Abel is in that class Destania was teaching before she left SAIA.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Kamunt on January 02, 2009, 05:06:48 PM
Actually, I seem to recall Amber saying she wanted to actually use her characters she has all prettied up over at Mab's Land once she was done with Abel's Story. She seemed to imply that updates for that new comic would be taking the place of Abel's Story, but anything could've changed since then. Especially with the whole Canada vs. America blearghity.

Well, the plan for Regina's story was over a year ago or was it two.?... So she may do Whatever she feels her muse will give her.

PBH

Angel

...For some weird reason, I'm proud of Abel for making the choice he did.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Howl

Well, we know he cares about his mom.

Ghostwish

Who he may very well never see again.

Sid

The second panel somehow made me think of shampoo ads. :.
:boogie

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Prof B Hunnydew

Tiger_T

My mind is a dark place sometimes.
Anyone got some brainbleach? :rolleyes

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 02, 2009, 10:53:31 AM
Interesting that we don't get to see Abel's face as he makes his final decision to stay. I'd kill to see what's going on in his features at that instant.
Probably a sad but accepting mien.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Sunblink

I like the white-panel technique. I think it's really appropriate and effectively done. The scene wouldn't have had nearly as much of an artistic impact if we had a view of Abel's expression, in my opinion.

Akisohida

I am surprised no one mentioned this..so I will.

I think Fa's asking was more of her way of letting Able choose for himself and felt like he MADE the choice. I mean, she is omnipitient so she already knew he was going to say yes. Letting him say it probably just helped him feel like he is regaining control of his life; something he did not feel like he had.

..If that makes ANY sense.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Akisohida on January 04, 2009, 01:05:36 PM
I think Fa's asking was more of her way of letting Able choose for himself and felt like he MADE the choice. I mean, she is omnipitient so she already knew he was going to say yes.

It's still unclear if Fa'Lina is omniscient - and to what degree she is - when it comes to newcomers to the Academy.  For instance, she asked Ink how Abel was doing.  Also, she's not able to make predictions regarding Aniz (or at least, that's what she told Abel).

Tiger_T

I'd say she's just very good and experienced at predicting the actions/reactions of others. :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aleolus

A somewhat good decision, I suppose.  After all, he may as well learn how to use his powers and abilities as a cubi, even if it's only so that he doesn't cause undue problems on his own due to not knowing how to control himself >.>