12/19/08 [Abel 2 #40] - Let's see what's outsi...

Started by AmigaDragon, December 19, 2008, 01:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Angel

So THAT'S what Fa'Lina's hair looks like in back...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

superluser

Well, I guess that means Abel's not leaving without a stern talking-to by Fa'Lina.

And also that, barring any warp-acis, no one has entered or left the room.

Fa'Lina: Everyone must leave the room... as it is... with them in it.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Dagardo

Quote from: Black_angel on December 19, 2008, 01:16:05 AM
So THAT'S what Fa'Lina's hair looks like in back...
Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 19, 2008, 01:47:03 AM
We've seen parts of it already in pages 10, 15 and 21

Yes, but not the entirety of it until now. She also seems to have un-braided it.

Janus Whitefurr

Bright shining light as an aura, makes me imagine the old 'divine orchaestra' soundeffect for holy beings.

Get it out of my head. :<
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Alterationartist

;<

I couldn't help but compare that and Abel's face.
Round 9!

mopman

Did anyone notice that she is guarding Abel on his first day there ( I bet she never left the door ) just as Abel did later for Dan  :boogie

This is why I love Amber's work . Her characters have depth .

Abel guarded Dan ( as he slept )  on his first day at Cubi school and now we see part of the reason why.

" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

rt

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 19, 2008, 03:15:13 AM
Bright shining light as an aura, makes me imagine the old 'divine orchaestra' soundeffect for holy beings.

Yes that was my first thought of music, but some kind of 'its so bright and so evil' dramatic music would work too. And possibly be more appropriate.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Two things that immediately occur to me. If you turn Fa'Lina's overlong ponytail into a braid, it looks almost exactly like the way that Pyroduck does his own hair. Coincidence?

Secondly, does anyone else get an almost messianic or God like feel attributted to Fa'Lina from the imagery? Abel wakes from a dark and horrible dream (and he even equates his own real experiences with a nightmare) walks through four panels of ever increasing brightness to see...... Fa'Lina.

*chuckles* I hope he isn't too disappointed when he sees her crazy side
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 19, 2008, 10:23:42 AM
Secondly, does anyone else get an almost messianic or God like feel attributted to Fa'Lina from the imagery? Abel wakes from a dark and horrible dream (and he even equates his own real experiences with a nightmare) walks through four panels of ever increasing brightness to see...... Fa'Lina.
It's pretty certain that she's a tri-wing.  If so, 'Godlike' is a fairly apt description.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

There are some who feel that any god must be crazy when one considers the world we live in.  In addition to that a great write once wrote:  "In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."  so really, to be surprised or disappointed at the craziness of a 'god' just seems kind of silly.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 19, 2008, 10:32:22 AM
There are some who feel that any god must be crazy when one considers the world we live in.
Then are those who think that
They've been dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them
They weren't born in lotus land....

Sorry, someone had to.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lisky

I don't know why, but this is the kind of music hear, listen to the background music, and not the conversation itself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvrIFIjTGt0

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ted Schiller

Quote from: The Lovely and Gracious Mrs. WilliamsI will figure out what is going on and let peeps know what the comic schedule holds for next week.

I suspect a standard non-canon Christmas comic, with Canadian beavers chewing at the Christmas tree.     :xmastree 
:rolleyes

With regards,
Ted

superluser

Tycoon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 19, 2008, 10:23:42 AM
Two things that immediately occur to me. If you turn Fa'Lina's overlong ponytail into a braid, it looks almost exactly like the way that Pyroduck does his own hair. Coincidence?

Considering that Pyroduck is Fa'Lina's adopted son, I don't find it coincidental at all.

Heh... What a riot it would be if he turns up in this story line.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: superluser on December 19, 2008, 01:12:21 PM
Hmmm...what's on the soundtrack now?

An optimistic view, and a more pessimistic one.
Quote"Where do you want to go today?" are actually "confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis..." In English: "When the damned are confounded, and consigned to sharp flames..."; which describes exactly where I want to go today.

Uh, yeah, sounds like a pleasant vacation spot.

Quote from: Tycoon on December 19, 2008, 03:11:42 PM
Considering that Pyroduck is Fa'Lina's adopted son, I don't find it coincidental at all.

Heh... What a riot it would be if he turns up in this story line.

If he does show up, it'll be out of Abel's view, since he apparently doesn't know him here yet.

Lucheek

My mind automatically put in a Hallelujah Chorus...

I get the feeling Fa'Lina is crying.

superluser

Yugo

The once-a-week updating makes it feel slowly paced, but in a way, that might be a good thing, because it fuels speculation and makes people eager to read more.

I prefer not to speculate and just want to read more. Contemplating exactly what Fa'Lina is thinking here.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Yugo on December 19, 2008, 05:03:56 PM
...might be a good thing, because it fuels speculation and makes people eager to read more.

And may even fuel Amber's story ideas.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Anton Bruckner - Tota pulchra es Maria (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes

Colgatecrusader

does anyone know where cubi's third set of wings are located, any speculation?
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Kasarn

Quote from: scorpio803 on December 19, 2008, 11:24:56 PM
does anyone know where cubi's third set of wings are located, any speculation?
Cubi are shapeshifters, so they're wherever they want them to be.

Also, they're sort of on the hips >_>;
http://www.missmab.com/graphics/C_October.jpg

Aleolus

Wow, have you ever seen a more angelic look?  Who wants to put bets on Abel having a secret crush on Fa'Lina now?  C'mon, opening bids at 2 internets!

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 19, 2008, 06:04:18 PM
Speculation has definitely fuelled a lot of my story ideas, which is one of the reasons I get a bit irritable with the shut-up-and-just-enjoy-the-comic crowd  >:3

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 20, 2008, 06:42:00 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 19, 2008, 06:04:18 PM
Speculation has definitely fuelled a lot of my story ideas, which is one of the reasons I get a bit irritable with the shut-up-and-just-enjoy-the-comic crowd  >:3

And your wilder random speculation and common-to-uncommon, yet consistent referencing to your own work is what annoys the shut-up-and-just-enjoy-the-comic-crowd.

Or maybe that's just me.  :U
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.