11/21/08 [Abel 2 #37] - What Now?

Started by Darkmoon, November 21, 2008, 12:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Might just be able to get Abel moving, no?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Jairus

Maybe...

That's a good mentality of "Devin's," though. His past sucks, but he's still alive... so now what?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Jairus

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 21, 2008, 01:05:17 AM
Punch and pie?
I was thinking cute 'roo-rats, but that sounds good too. What kind of pie is it?

Oh, and Dewey Decimal Death Attach sounds like an awesome Limit Break.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Azraelle

Quote from: Jairus on November 21, 2008, 01:08:32 AM
Oh, and Dewey Decimal Death Attach sounds like an awesome Limit Break.

It's OVER 900!!!!!

Dagardo

Devin may be just as big a (expletive) as ever but it also seems to be his way of being insightfully helpful. And I agree with him, life does indeed suck, (to the greatest degree and then some from where I sit) but he can still do something to make it better, not his past sure, but his future. And he has at least a total of three-thousand years to do it in, which is a long damn time. Makes me want some of the things I desire even more when i think about it.

Howl

I'm kinda sick of this part between Abel and Devin now. It's boring.

Nino

Quote from: Minishear on November 21, 2008, 02:02:55 AM

It's the necessary Abel character development scene. He has to turn into a jerk at some point D=

e_voyager

the ghost of a loved one or at least a longtime close  acquaintance is a time honored method of a character coming to grips with a crises or a truing point in their lives. especially were life and death are concerned. he may not have liked Devin but Devin was close to him. a bully form childhood and a constant reminder of something that he didn't want to be yet ironically would become to a degree.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

I suppose that's true.  If you get out of a life and death situation alive, what you did was, by its very nature, the right thing to do.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Feather Dancer

Devin rather insightful for a dead guy but it's what Abel needs to hear, more so from somebody he knows than a stranger he'd feel he could doubt. Sides, he gets more screen time to be an ass before he goes probably for good so bonus!
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Naldru

Quote from: Azraelle on November 21, 2008, 01:19:49 AM
Quote from: Jairus on November 21, 2008, 01:08:32 AM
Oh, and Dewey Decimal Death Attack sounds like an awesome Limit Break.

It's OVER 900!!!!!
Well, military history would be over 900, but I've always found science and technology to be the places to look which would be in the 500 and 600 classes.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Joe3210

Quote from: Naldru on November 21, 2008, 05:28:00 AM
Well, military history would be over 900, but I've always found science and technology to be the places to look which would be in the 500 and 600 classes.
*facepalm*
I think he isn't talking about that.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Turnsky

it might be devin's ghost, or some part of devin left with Abel. Don't forget that we're fairly unclear as to what his creature capabilities were.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

It's rather interesting that Devin knows he's a librarian, since he probably didn't know that while he was alive.

Basically, when doing a weekly strip like this you have to strike a balance between immediate gratification of readers and the longer term, since going through the archive, or having the strip in print form looks a bit strange when you have some kind of dramatic hook on every single page.

As I understand it, Amber's decision has been to make the story as a whole more readable in the archives.  The price we pay is that some strips will have less going on.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Noone

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2008, 06:08:15 AM
It's rather interesting that Devin knows he's a librarian, since he probably didn't know that while he was alive.
Well, this point reinforces the theory that Devin is either Fa'lina or Ink in disguise, since it's likely that they both would have known(via thought reading).
Abel got his library job after he moved to Zinvith, as I recall. It might be interesting to see how this leads to him getting banned from the SAIA library...

Damaris

Strictly speaking, wars are found in the 900s, and the history of America's military is found in the 600s

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tapewolf

Quote from: The1Kobra on November 21, 2008, 07:26:26 AM
Well, this point reinforces the theory that Devin is either Fa'lina or Ink in disguise, since it's likely that they both would have known(via thought reading).
Indeed.  On the other hand, being dead might allow Devin to know things which he did not know in life.

QuoteAbel got his library job after he moved to Zinvith, as I recall.  It might be interesting to see how this leads to him getting banned from the SAIA library...
We don't get to find out what the library incident itself was, mind.

Alterationartist

So Devin, the Jerk With A Heart of Gold, thinks he has bettar magicks than the Glass Cannon, Abel.

I honestly think that if Dan, if not weighed down by his mother's wishes, could tear Abel up in physical combat. The reverse is also true.
Round 9!

Ghostwish

Yall need to stop watching so much TV, Alt.

You know, I'm starting to believe this could very well be Fa'lina, shifted. A tad too knowing and insightful to be Devin, but that kind of wisdom seems to be part of Fa'lina's character. And hey, cubi can read minds. Fa'lina is one hell of a cubi, so I think her reading abilities could be capable of pulling such things from Abel's mind.

Rakala

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 21, 2008, 09:20:52 AM
And hey, cubi can read minds. Fa'lina is one hell of a cubi, so I think her reading abilities could be capable of pulling such things from Abel's mind.

It's been said many times that they can only read surface thoughts. Prying into the mind and looking at your inner most secrets causes pain. Look for the "Cubi Mind Abilities" section in the Demonology 101.

superluser

Quote from: Rakala on November 21, 2008, 10:04:37 AMIt's been said many times that they can only read surface thoughts. Prying into the mind and looking at your inner most secrets causes pain. Look for the "Cubi Mind Abilities" section in the Demonology 101.

While true, this could have easily been gleaned from simple thought reading over a span of a few hours or even more simply, an intake interview.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on November 21, 2008, 10:07:13 AM
While true, this could have easily been gleaned from simple thought reading over a span of a few hours or even more simply, an intake interview.
Also, Abel seems to have been reliving the events of that day multiple times while Fa'Lina was wondering what to do with him.  In any case, Fa'Lina is an exceptionally powerful succubus.

Mao

Punch and pie?

I'm sorry, but I came to this thread under the impression that there would be punch and pie.

I'm not sure that I believe just yet that this is some sort of 'cubi mind trick'. *waves hand* My gut is telling me that it's either a ghost or is something that Abels own mind has conjured up as a coping mechanism.

That said.. that could just be indigestion.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2008, 10:09:02 AMAlso, Abel seems to have been reliving the events of that day multiple times while Fa'Lina was wondering what to do with him.

What I meant.

Either Abel was obsessing about the events of the day while Fa'Lina was reading his thoughts, or Fa'Lina was asking him about the events of that day...while reading his thoughts.

Quote from: Mowser on November 21, 2008, 10:12:05 AMI'm sorry, but I came to this thread under the impression that there would be punch and pie.

How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Is this the part where Devin shows Abel what the world would be like if he'd never been born?

We can even use the famous line:  Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.

*Charline pipes in*  And every time a Being screams, a cubi gets its head-wings!   >:3

*Charles does not want that*  Noes.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rakala

Quote from: Mowser on November 21, 2008, 10:12:05 AM
Punch and pie?

I'm sorry, but I came to this thread under the impression that there would be punch and pie.

I'm not sure that I believe just yet that this is some sort of 'cubi mind trick'. *waves hand* My gut is telling me that it's either a ghost or is something that Abels own mind has conjured up as a coping mechanism.

That said.. that could just be indigestion.

"There's more gravy than the grave about you."

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Joe3210 on November 21, 2008, 05:46:50 AM
*facepalm*
I think he isn't talking about that.
Whatever he's talking about, I don't know either.

Quote from: Kattuccino on November 21, 2008, 02:14:02 AM

It's the necessary Abel character development scene. He has to turn into a jerk at some point D=
I just can't think of anything more to say on this part of the story that hasn't been said already by me or the rest of you... at least not until something else exciting or informative happens.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

LionHeart

Quote from: superluser on November 21, 2008, 10:14:58 AM
Quote from: Mowser on November 21, 2008, 10:12:05 AMI'm sorry, but I came to this thread under the impression that there would be punch and pie.

How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?
Sounds like a real hit.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Naldru

Yes, I have seen Dragonball Z and the scenes where they kept reading out the readings on the scouter glasses.  And if you don't know that 500, 600, and 900 are the science, technology, and history sections of the Dewey Decimal System, you aren't spending enough time in the library.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.