10/29/08 [DMFA #947] - AVENGENCE!

Started by Turnsky, October 29, 2008, 02:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Hrm, Perhaps Warp-Aci is a neat fashion accessory.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jairus

Awww... Fi is so cute there. And no dramatic fight? Phooey. Well, not yet anyway. At least we'll get to see a little more of the house now that they're leaving the pit.

Also, Amber? "Though I would have preferred you trying this tactic." Gold. Pure gold.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Amber Williams

I fully realize the terrible irony that is getting cranked at the last thread about Fi's relative un-datableness...then pulling a gag like this. :U

In a slight on-tangeant note, Kria is sometimes one of my harder to write for characters because she seems to easily skirt on close to the rating limits. There have been several strips now I had to scrap simply because Kria's punchline was pushing it. :B

Howl

Rating? I can't count the amount of strips someone's been bleeding, or in the"All Hail Queen Mab" Arc.

QuoteWha? Oh no, I have no doubt at all... that Mab is still pissed at Nutmeg for making her have to leave the Fae kingdom.

icarus

Fi: THESE ARE YOUR LUNGS RIGHT? KIDNEYS? KNEECAPS? CH-YAH! I CAN NEVER TELL WITH YOU PEOPLE!

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Jairus

So, Amber... Lorenda's little diatribe in the background of panel one... can you give us the specifics of what she's saying? I mean, it basically looks like she's complaining about her mom pulling this kind of stuff before (flirting with her friends or generally making her daughter's life uncomfortable), but aside from that I'm not sure. I mean, what happened at that birthday party?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

superluser

So Dan seems to be taking this well.

Also, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what Fi is trying to avenge.  Dan has a reason, but Fi doesn't really have a horse in this race.  Which actually makes his battle cry even cuter.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Azlan

Battlecrys like that make me squee.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kipiru

I've found a new respect for the flying weasel! You go Fi! As for Kria, you have to appreciate that naughty smile! this one's an instant classic Amber!

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2008, 02:26:32 AM
I fully realize the terrible irony that is getting cranked at the last thread about Fi's relative un-datableness...then pulling a gag like this. :U

In a slight on-tangeant note, Kria is sometimes one of my harder to write for characters because she seems to easily skirt on close to the rating limits. There have been several strips now I had to scrap simply because Kria's punchline was pushing it. :B

She's a Flirt, don't worry 'bout it.

That said, draw some more private versions for yourself if you need to get it out of your system, they'll never see the internet (lest you wish it to).  >:3 :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Aleolus

Hah!  I'm going to have to use that line as a battlecry for a character in a D&D game, first chance I get >.>  I don't care if it fits or not, I'm using it!   :boogie :mwaha

Paladin Sheppard

skwerly

Kria has unlocked: Aci Fashion Mode!

DeedaeicMess

Did the Fi thread get locked? In any case, sorry, Amber, that circus might have been mostly my fault for the initial comment I made. I'll take responsibility for it if you decide to take action beyond that.

On topic: Kria's presence is always welcome. =o Whenever she's involved stuff becomes a pile of epic awesome.

... Add Fi onto that and you've got Epic Awesome Win.

... So yeah.

... Apparently this makes Kria and Fi the half-siblings of Daisuke Ishiwatari. :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on October 29, 2008, 02:15:47 AM
Hrm, Perhaps Warp-Aci is a neat fashion accessory.  :3
That's the vibe I've picked up.  'Cubi are quite capable of teleporting without them, they just seem to be something that's 'cool' to have around.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

I'm making a guess that Fi previously new Kria- and not in a good way.

Rakala

I think the part I like best that nobody has mentioned is the daughter giving the mom a long-winded lecture and the mom acting like teenager about it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rakala on October 29, 2008, 07:18:27 AM
I think the part I like best that nobody has mentioned is the daughter giving the mom a long-winded lecture and the mom acting like teenager about it.

I hadn't really picked up on that, but yes.  It's a nice touch.  I guess you get weird things like this when you are, in most senses, the same age as your parent.  Or child.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I love the mildly bemused expression that Kria has in the last panel.  It's almost cute.  However I wonder if this is going to be enough to have Lorenda finally lose it.

Edit:  concerning the snow:  Welcome to Canada.  There will be more where that came from.  Also, I just finished reading through the last thread and yeah.. this new comic does you no favors with that issue.  It's your story and I don't think you should be changing it solely to pander to a rating however: people will react to and pick up on even the most subtle of hints.  They will then proceed to express them in their own, often less than subtle, ways.  What's worse, is that they'll feel it's ok because someone else made the reference first.  If you don't like those reactions then steer yourself away from the subtle hints and innuendo and they'll likely follow.. either that or accept that your rating is changing by your own hand and as a result you've created another seed that will lead to a 4-chan-esque forum.  Anyway, I'm sure you know all this and I'm just coming off as a pompus arse but I felt it had to be said.

Ren Gaulen

This. This is a reason to never summon Warp-Aci. Or, maybe, to summon them. Just for such situations. :3

Dracora

So wait. Fi's sitting there clinging to Kria... But not doing much other than that...

Think he's smart enough to teleport her somewhere nasty?  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dracora on October 29, 2008, 08:45:47 AM
So wait. Fi's sitting there clinging to Kria... But not doing much other than that...

Think he's smart enough to teleport her somewhere nasty?  >:3

... Successfully?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Poor Fi. Nothing he ever does seems to have the intended effect.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ghostwish

*snrk* Who doesn't love an adorable side kick, as ineffective as their assistance might be? 'Course, makes me wonder if Dan's clan has some beef with demonmares.

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2008, 02:26:32 AM

So does that mean we're going to see a whole side-arc about Kria just like Abel's cuz her attitude/story keeps pushing the rating? HOO BOY!

*hides under a rock before the ban bombs hit*

Noone

I think I have actually managed to decode some of Lorenda's exposition on the first panel. There are still bits missing though, obscured by Kria:

I swear would it kill you to just (3 missing) behave youself (3 missing) friends. I have all (missing) to act proper around your friends when they are about. You make it difficult to bring anyone to (missing) you had (missing) (?)ohday party (missing bit) off half of (missing) his detach (missing) would like to (missing) like to bring (missing) out you hit (missing) (D?)evin scared (missing) are being (missing) (Dra?)gon go (?)o a(?) (missing) co(?) (missing).

Alterationartist

I'm pretty sure Fi's attack was ignorance as it pertains to mistaken identity. "Avengence": Dan's issue with Hannah that Fi heard about not to long ago. I.e. Dan avenging Hannah. Hannah's death was at the hand of (as far as Fi is concerned) a winged demon horse. Who also just so happens to show up in the place they were supposed to come across DP? Kria. Fi thinks: "I'm helping! :3"
Round 9!

Alondro

*Charline erfs*  Fi's actions there remind me of a couple comics Taski drew of me...  :P

Ah yes, the snow.  There was snow all the way down to parts of the North Carolina mountains.  In October.

We're in for a nasty winter.   :<

EDIT:  I just remembered!  My brother owns a landscaping business with lots of snow removal contracts!  I can work with him during the heavy snows and earn extra $$$!  Woo-hoo!  Bring on the snow!   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lego3400

Heheh. Fi  :3 
As for the snow... I woke up this morning and there were bits of snow on the ground. It's not supposed to be snowing yet!  :banghead it's still october!  :cuss (I live in PA for the record)

Lowde

Quote from: Alterationartist on October 29, 2008, 09:47:41 AM
I'm pretty sure Fi's attack was ignorance as it pertains to mistaken identity. "Avengence": Dan's issue with Hannah that Fi heard about not to long ago. I.e. Dan avenging Hannah. Hannah's death was at the hand of (as far as Fi is concerned) a winged demon horse. Who also just so happens to show up in the place they were supposed to come across DP? Kria. Fi thinks: "I'm helping! :3"

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... Fi probably thought Kria is DP

Slowtini

... ...
Anyone have some paper towels, Fi just made me shoot soda out my nose... Owies :<