10/09/08 [Perfect Date #3] - Lil winglings are indeed adorable

Started by Lowde, October 08, 2008, 07:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowde

No pun intended... Yeah, right :3

Yugo

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

AmigaDragon

I'm no beefcake :meat but I am a little beefy... Ok ok, so I'm just plain fat. :mowmeep
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ghostwish

Dagardo

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 08, 2008, 07:33:39 PM
I'm no beefcake :meat but I am a little beefy... Ok ok, so I'm just plain fat. :mowmeep

Well there's nothing wrong with being fat, so long as you feel good about yourself. And hey If it works for you don't listen to anyone else.

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 08, 2008, 07:47:25 PM
Is she blushing? I think I'm in love.

Why yes, yes she is. Now go be in love... just not near me.
Although the ascot around her tail has me baffled for some reason. :B If she wants to wear an ascot around her tail that's her business.... I see them... :)

Gamma

Blushing or possibly on the verge of heatstroke. X(
Sorry if I'm being cheesy but I prefer a different cake, one that's preferably truthful.

One again spectacular artwork, and Amber please stop worrying so much about when it gets finished.
Unfortunately I doubt that will make you stop though.

PS. That was my first Portal Cake reference online, at work it's fair game.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Kenji

Hmm. Wonder if she needs ranch hands there. >.> I'm usually the pack mule anyways...

Lorien

Hee hee hee is it just me or does she look a bit more like Kria than usual in the second panel?  Its the expression/ hand position I think.

Is this the first time we've seen Lorenda blush?  Its very cute.

OminousShadow

I think this is the first time I've found a female with a bit of meat on her attractive.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

e_voyager

i found her attractive even before this as it happens her personality reeled me in. self confident and kind of amazon like in the warrior  confident department.  that she could stomp me in the ground if i hurt hurt means's i never have to worry about hurting her.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

thegayhare

Wow I never thought I'd say this about a girl but I just love her answers...
I wonder if she has a brother...

What I'm gay... no matter how much we have in common taste It's not gonna happen, so there

PencilinHand

It may be just me as I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but Lorenda's coloring and shading looks REALLY good to me. 

I am tempted to run some image analysis techniques on it to better grasp the transitions...

Back, I used a threshold tool to gauge the rate of transition.  In the picture, Lorenda has the smoothest color/shading transitions I have ever seen for an artificial picture(short of a test image).  There are almost no peaks in color transition except for the background and one small patch of on her forearm.  I am assuming it is a photoshop trick involving smoothing, filters, and layering but I am still impressed with how "clean" the signal from Lorenda is.

Yes, I realise I am a bit strange.

Amber never ceases to amaze me with her ability to express widely different emotions in the same picture(see most striking example).

!KCA

Quote from: PencilinHand on October 08, 2008, 10:40:00 PM
It may be just me as I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, but Lorenda's coloring and shading looks REALLY good to me. 

I am tempted to run some image analysis techniques on it to better grasp the transitions...

Back, I used a threshold tool to gauge the rate of transition.  In the picture, Lorenda has the smoothest color/shading transitions I have ever seen for an artificial picture(short of a test image).  There are almost no peaks in color transition except for the background and one small patch of on her forearm.  I am assuming it is a photoshop trick involving smoothing, filters, and layering but I am still impressed with how "clean" the signal from Lorenda is.

Yes, I realise I am a bit strange.

Amber never ceases to amaze me with her ability to express widely different emotions in the same picture(see most striking example).

How do the other images from the Perfect Date mini-arc stand up?

Dagardo

Angel

Third option FTW. Definitely. :3

And I didn;t realize till now exactly how many ways that last panel's comment can be taken... should the person listening be scared or turned on or what?

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 08, 2008, 07:47:25 PM
Is she blushing? I think I'm in love.

I'd thought it was sunburn at first... but no, it seems she is blushing. That, and her shading, and her outfit, and her smile, and the whole first panel really, make her look quite gorgeous.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Goatmon

Chirp!   :valentine

Lowde

Quote from: LorendaI want someone who wants a relationship... not someone who feels they need a relationship

Hmm... I think I'll take this line for my own use, tyvm ;)

mopman

Why do I get the feeling that anyone who chooses to be the boyfriend should start searching the house for BBQ sauce every day and if he finds it , run !

On the other hand , it might just be worth it  :)
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Aleolus

I would sooo pick the first option >.>  Just because it's true, and I don wanna risk getting eted <.<

Kipiru

Lorenda seems to climb up the ladder of sexiness pretty quickly this few days! But this is the first time I can actually say she is HOT, especially with her hair put up like that and that miniscule top, perfectly incapable of covering her...um, udder?! Nice!

Gornemant

Quote from: Dagardo on October 08, 2008, 08:06:05 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 08, 2008, 07:33:39 PM
Well there's nothing wrong with being fat, so long as you feel good about yourself. And hey If it works for you don't listen to anyone else.
I'd like to correct you on that. There is indeed nothing to be ashamed of nor anything mentally wrong with you if you are diagnosed with adipositas, but it's a health risk.
Then again, so is smoking, being an alcoholic, and constantly relying on various drugs  :B

Quote from: skurvy on October 08, 2008, 10:50:17 PM
Fat chicks are hot.
If I remember right, considering that Lorenda she was classified as not fat by Mab, but then my memory was never really that good  :)

Netrogo

I'm inclined to agree with Kip, Lorenda really has been climbing the looks ladder lately. The evolution of Amber's own art asside, Lorenda herself seemed more stereotypical fat chick when she first showed up. Nowadays she seems to have slimmed down slightly, just slightly, and also just seems to carry herself better.

On a side note, in regards to Amber's rant. I know everyone says this all the time but maybe if we say it enough you'll get the message. You don't owe us, the readers, anything. No matter how much we throw your way. We do so because you've given us years, literally YEARS, of entertainment. The least we can do is give you something in return. Not to mention giving you money when you need it benefits us as well. Not because you're going to start giving us delightful bonus arcs and such, but because if some horrible thing that you need money for happens, there's a good chance that thing might keep you from drawing DMFA. And if you're not drawing it, we're not reading it. And if we're not reading it, then we're off causing havoc and mayhem. Then the world falls apart and it's all our fault for not helping you in your hour of need.

*ahem* So yeah, we give you money because you give us comics. God knows you deserve it more then DC and Marvel lately >.>
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Rakala

Oh, I definitely would've asked the wingling question. No contest.

Lucheek

Hehehe. I like this page.

And Lorenda's hair seems to be becoming curlier.

thegayhare

*trots in )
Wraning this is fairly randome

*looks at Lorenda*

So thats where buffalo wings come from

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: thegayhare on October 09, 2008, 07:36:31 AM
*trots in )
Wraning this is fairly randome

*looks at Lorenda*

So thats where buffalo wings come from

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

:mwaha <--- Meant this as uncontrolable laughter, as there's not another emoticon that does that for me.

Kipiru

Nail on the head there Netrogo, about everything. Amber, that is why they are called donations, because they are selfless gifts, they are not part of a purchase. It's admirable that you feel obliged to the one that donated, but don't let that drive you off your beat, it's not something anyone wishes for! Keep going at whatever pace you feel suits you and we will all be happy about it. Cause a stress-free Amber, is a productive Amber, right?!

Alterationartist

Her expectations are too high. That's what made her lose Jyrras. But then again...

Abel...

Must see where this ends up...
Round 9!