10/03/08 [Abel 2 #31] - Left alone

Started by AndersW, October 02, 2008, 11:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Not much in this one.  Abel looks so confused in the second to last panel.

Slowtini

The sadface... It's just... D:

...Now I'm starting to understand the logic behind the "Gay for Abel" meme that shook this site to its very foundations, and maybe a bit further down than that, like, down into the substrata.

Amber is insanely good at showing emotion in her characters.

Sid

Next comic: "50 years later..."
Abel: "...uh... hello...? Anybody...?"

And it might just be because it's... uh... 6am here (meep), but I'm immensely amused by today's site headline: "Energizer bunny arrested. Charged with Battery." Nice one! xD
:boogie

LionHeart

Quote from: Sid on October 02, 2008, 11:58:16 PMAnd it might just be because it's... uh... 6am here (meep), but I'm immensely amused by today's site headline: "Energizer bunny arrested. Charged with Battery." Nice one! xD
I found that one funny, too.

Was he placed in a dry cell?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Maz_Koala

Abel is so cute, the way Amber draws him. His sad face makes you melt inside.  :mowcookie

WhiteFox

"There are two great tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want. The other is getting it."
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Jairus

Poor Abel. And it looks like Fa'Lina gave him his emotions back... so I guess he just wants to cry for a while. I wonder if it's a short-range ability on Fa'Lina's part, given that shortly after she left he started crying: alternatively, she just dropped it once she was outside the door.

Those two little tears just kill me. Poor little woobie.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Roureem Egas

I saw this, and the first thing I thought was how pretty the subtle return of Abel's emotion was in the second to last panel. Then I marveled at the last panel itself. I must be in some twisted mood tonight.

Gamma

I think Fa'Lina just disappeared from the room and with it let him feel his emotions again.

True enough though being left alone after any significant trauma is certainly one of the steps. It must be solely processed either before or after anything else during the process. It seems there is no right order or time to take for each of the steps, but I believe there is specific set of them.
Much like death and it's own list.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Zedd

It's a flow irony with a dose of why it must be him?

Ghostwish

Some of yall may have melted at that last panel, but me? It just made me want to kill Aniz all that much more.  :mwaha

GabrielsThoughts

Nice update as always

I never realized how much hair Abel had before, He could stuff a mattress, I'm surprized someone hasn't stepped/pulled on it and snapped his neck like Rapunzel.  humor aside... for me the braid in Abel's hair  just seems too darn big from the back to match with how thin it is from the side... granted you would expect that much hair to take up 90% of the panel, as it does his backside, but it still looks weird.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

AmigaDragon

I may have noticed the braid before, but not that thick (and how long?).

As for the returned emotions, he's had a chance to think without them for a few minutes, so perhaps their return won't be as hard as they originally were.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mwa

Another case of be careful what you ask for.

Kipiru

Fa'lina continues her "I care for you" streak- that is so sweet of her  :love2

Ren Gaulen

Poor Abel.. I believe he regrets that he wished for being alone already.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on October 03, 2008, 12:00:43 AM
Quote from: Sid on October 02, 2008, 11:58:16 PMAnd it might just be because it's... uh... 6am here (meep), but I'm immensely amused by today's site headline: "Energizer bunny arrested. Charged with Battery." Nice one! xD

Watt seems likely is that he shorted the bars, escaped on a Megacycle and has gone to ground. Fear not, however; the police have the capacity to locate him and bring him back to earth with a negative potential.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 03, 2008, 08:38:14 AM
Quote from: LionHeart on October 03, 2008, 12:00:43 AM

Watt seems likely is that he shorted the bars, escaped on a Megacycle and has gone to ground. Fear not, however; the police have the capacity to locate him and bring him back to earth with a negative potential.

But on watt grounds did they establish the charge?  Is there current information available to the media outlets?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on October 03, 2008, 08:46:54 AM
But on watt grounds did they establish the charge?  Is there current information available to the media outlets?

There will be a press release on Faraday.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

Awww, his emotions came back. And I've officially switched back to "hug Abel and cry" mode. He's so cute in the last panel...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

LionHeart

Ohm my, I appear to have sparked off a cascade of puns here...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Slowtini

...*looks at the voltage jokes*
and THAT is why I love this forum.

Lady Buggery

Yay I'm so glad for the update (it was abel's side story that got me reading DMFA for real this time). I feel so bad for him, I just hope things work out for him later on in life...and yes I want to cuddle him in that last panel.

ANTIcarrot

Odd wish. If someone had just killed my best friend and threatened my mother I'd want them dead.

Even with emotions taken away, someone that powerful and unstable is dangerous, and should be taken out back and shot for the good of society.
<carefully leans closer to the spinning coffin>
"What's that Mr Mendel? Kill chakat Goldfur? Shi's making a mockery of all your theories?"

Tapewolf

Quote from: ANTIcarrot on October 03, 2008, 10:52:25 AM
Even with emotions taken away, someone that powerful and unstable is dangerous, and should be taken out back and shot for the good of society.
Murder is never the answer.  He needs help and rehabilitation.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dagardo

I'll assume you mean help to rehabilitation. I'll beat him over the head with something until he's unconscious and you can take him to rehab.

Anri

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 03, 2008, 08:54:16 AM
Quote from: Mowser on October 03, 2008, 08:46:54 AM

There will be a press release on Faraday.

I 'erd they send 'im ohm. Oh well, once they get him again if he offers up to much resistance, I guess they can amp up the charges.

Aleolus

Awwww, poor checkers.  He looks like he needs a hug right about now.  >.>  Fa'Lina, back into the room and glomp him, stat!

Tapewolf

I didn't remember seeing the bed before and had a sudden idea that Fa'Lina had teleported him instead of herself, kind of like what Aniz did.  The bed turns up in p27 though, so it is just her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lowde

I. Must. Resist. Gay. Impulse. For. Abel...

As a side note, I noticed abel's shirt is opened from behind. Like if he was wearing it backwards (front-side back)