10/01/08 [DMFA #940] - Guess Who

Started by Naldru, September 30, 2008, 11:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

It does raise the possibility that Destania gave Dan the address of something other than Dark Pegasus's lair.

By the way, the dress looks good on Lorenda.  Now we get to see if Kria and/or Jyrras are also around.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jairus

Jyrras might still be with Abel, but given how long it must have taken Dan to tell his story he might be home by now. Very interesting... and how did Fi not know she could to turn gravity on and off? About young is she?

And where did Lorenda get that outfit? I don't think she's ever worn anything like it before.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Zedd

Starcat5

Sweet Mother of all Darkness! This deserves a grass skirt "Twist" smiley. Too bad I never finished making the danged thing. ...back on topic.

Who wants to bet that DP's real last name is Soulstealer? I've suspected it since Kria's last appearance in Abel's Story, but I wasn't expecting it to actually be spelled out like this. "Hi, Lorenda. I'm here to re-kill your grandfather. Awkward, isn't it?"  >:3

*Edit* My post count just hit the magic number. And on the start of my birthday month no less.  :mwaha
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

llearch n'n'daCorna

I wonder what Lorenda is doing there. We know what Dan is supposed to be doing, even if we don't know what he's actually doing...

And I'm with Fi. Lorenda looks good in that outfit. I wonder if she's been shopping again...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Toric

I admire how well the simple, hilarious beauty of a pink-haired cow with a makeover just shattered any seriousness left in this story.
Yap by Silver.

Valynth

I approve of Lorenda's clothing.  That is not all.

My theories on her presence there:

1.  She's employed by DP
2.  She's related to DP
3.  She's dating DP
4.  She's DP's land lord
5.  She's taken up adventuring
6.  She's actually a 'cubi who's working for DP to track Dan since the last encounter and managed to scan Lorenda's image from Dan's mind when he was at the institute (or saw him hanging out with her) and knew she would be out of contact with Dan&co and is currently using the guise of Lorenda to trick Dan for some nefarious purpose.  *for those of you who missed it, but chose this option, please pick up your complimentary tinfoil shining kit.  It helps keep the rays out.*
7.  She moved into the house, but didn't read the fine print about the underground evil lair.
8.  She moved in on the advice of her mother, who hopes Lorenda and DP will hit it off.
9.  DP moved since Dan's instructions due to the length of the flash back and thus Dan has the wrong house.
10.  She got drunk one day and...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Gamma

Always nice to have options... I guess. :/

I'll take number One Alex. For $200

Lorenda last discussed her next gig with Dan not that long ago, if I remember right. She might have been a little fuzzy on the details, or they were a little nondescript in the application.
So, Awkward HO!
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Ghostwish

'Member that one little panel where Mrs. Williams and the mighty little mythos hit a whole new vein of awkward? That would fit this quite nicely, me finks.

Oh, you missed one, by the way.

11. Valynth has completely lost it, and will now juggle flaming chainsaws.

Valynth

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 01, 2008, 12:55:38 AM
'Member that one little panel where Mrs. Williams and the mighty little mythos hit a whole new vein of awkward? That would fit this quite nicely, me finks.

That would imply that I had it at some point during my tenure here.  *started talking to boxes as though they were people with personalities loosely based on what they contained loooooooooooong before meeting the boxen of this place.*

And who told you about my former circus gig (as the ugly bishie no less)?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kipiru

Hmm, nice taste on Fi! Who would have suspected warp-aci were into larger women! But let's be fair Lorenda looks great here :love2

e_voyager

i must say she really is looking nice. Fi is on the spot and Dan well Dan looks like he just swallowed his tongue
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

mopman

Ok this one caught me very flat footed , unless she is not who she seems to be I might need a large compass and map to figure this out.
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Tapewolf

Ohhhh.   So the horse-eating-a-dragon statue wasn't anything to do with DP.... it's Kria's house?  That makes sense.  She just might have some kind of kinship with DP, both being evil horse demons and all...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 04:11:30 AM
Ohhhh.   So the horse-eating-a-dragon statue wasn't anything to do with DP.... it's Kria's house?  That makes sense.  She just might have some kind of kinship with DP, both being evil horse demons and all...

i'm guessing either ancestor, or more likely, brother.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

terrycloth

Ha ha ha. Of course -- Lorenda eats door-to-door salesmen, so her room is in the basement with a pit trap to bring them down for lunch. :mowhappy

Dagardo

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 04:11:30 AM

There is a thought that would have never once crossed my mind, and only did when you mentioned it. And kinship they may have, but I'm fairly sure the whole ''eating whatever you please'' thing, doesn't stretch out as far with DP as it does with Kria, simply because of this comic, as there would have surely been plenty to ''eat'' on the way there, unless he teleported.

Lucheek

I bet she's at her friend's or Mom's house.

Kipiru

Quote from: terrycloth on October 01, 2008, 05:16:32 AM
Ha ha ha. Of course -- Lorenda eats door-to-door salesmen, so her room is in the basement with a pit trap to bring them down for lunch. :mowhappy

Now that is the top revelation of this thread :bow . And we were wandering why there was no deadly trap on the bottom. Turns out there is!

Madmann135

I must say this is the first time I was actually surprised with Lorenda as the comedy.  I'm guessing that this is Lorenda's latest job and the next question comes in what will she do if/when Dan says he's there to put DP back into the ground.

Though my condolences go out to DP, the last few times he came back he chose quality over quantity and it is stinging him in the tail.  A dragon that Dan owed money to and a friend of Dan...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Valynth on October 01, 2008, 01:32:43 AM
Quote from: Ghostwish on October 01, 2008, 12:55:38 AM

That would imply that I had it at some point during my tenure here.  *started talking to boxes as though they were people with personalities loosely based on what they contained loooooooooooong before meeting the boxen of this place.*

And who told you about my former circus gig (as the ugly bishie no less)?

The boxen, no less.

And I'm with Tapewolf on this one. This must be Kria's house. But wouldn't that be an interesting little triangle? This might mean that Kria is in with Destania and Bigg's plan to kill all dragons (refering to the statue), so why is Kria reviving DP? Is he a family relation? Or is he in on it too?

Man, kiss dragons goodbye, they're screwed.

Or I could the truth could be much simpler, and I'm on pluto some place. I'll write yall a post card or something.

Emerauld Drathmir

Well, there's another gravity-defying situation...oh, and do I detect a teeny bit of wing peekage there?
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on October 01, 2008, 09:53:55 AM
Well, there's another gravity-defying situation...oh, and do I detect a teeny bit of wing peekage there?

I believe that's her ear.

Angel

All who bet that Kria is in on this somehow. (raises hand)

There's always the possibility that Dan has the right address and Kria's the one who resurrected DP. It would explain the IOU left behind - Kria can be polite when she wants to be (she didn't take her husband to court, she hasn't acted on her crush on Jy as forcefully as a demon might, etc.). So does this mean that Lorenda went to live with her after all? I wonder how Jy's doing if that's the case...

Quote from: Kipiru on October 01, 2008, 08:55:13 AM
Quote from: terrycloth on October 01, 2008, 05:16:32 AM

Now that is the top revelation of this thread :bow . And we were wandering why there was no deadly trap on the bottom. Turns out there is!

QFT.   :boogie
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

WhiteFire

I'm sure I just forgot or something, but when did Fi get that bite out of it's tail?

Jairus

Quote from: WhiteFire on October 01, 2008, 11:32:32 AM
I'm sure I just forgot or something, but when did Fi get that bite out of it's tail?
It met Pip when it was just coming out to try and warp Dan to SAIA.

And I'm willing to wait and see where this goes, but I don't think Lorenda's moved out of Jy's house: everything seemed to be okay between them last we checked. Maybe this is just a party that Lorenda's been invited to and Dan's now crashed into. Well, we'll see, won't we?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 01, 2008, 11:05:10 AM
Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on October 01, 2008, 09:53:55 AM

Down by her shoulder.  Teeniest bit of a dark colour peeking out from behind her hair.  If I remember correctly, her teeny wings came in a dark colour after the corset squishing.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on October 01, 2008, 12:55:58 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 01, 2008, 11:05:10 AM
Down by her shoulder.  Teeniest bit of a dark colour peeking out from behind her hair.  If I remember correctly, her teeny wings came in a dark colour after the corset squishing.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_771.php

Don't look very dark to me. Also she says in 773 that they can be covered by her jacket. And guess what she's wearing now? ;-]

And in 758, she mentioned moving home with her mother, possibly... And in 851 she's wearing a jacket, also. And mentioning something starting next weekend to Dan. So.... yeah. Should be interesting seeing what Amber does with this. ;-]

Alondro

*M Night pops up*  What a twist!

And now Dan and orenda have the obligatory anime battle between friends where Lorenda must reach the point of death before realizing that Dan's justice is pure and join him against her evil mother!   :boogie

*Charles spies black arrows hanging behind Lorenda!*  Oh noes!  The witch Medusa is there too!!  *Soul eater props*   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif