08/01/08 [DMFA #928] - tough question

Started by silentassassin, August 01, 2008, 06:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentassassin

Huh I'm not sure if he survived. :p

MT Hazard

Shame he's going to have to face DP without a magic shielding robe this time, perhaps he's picked up a clue instead though.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

silentassassin

Janus Whitefurr

Judging from the shape of the energy waves around the actual blast, can we accurately say that Dark Pegasus just mooned Daniel?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

I can't help but hear DP as Alexei Sayle, from The Young Ones (which will date me significantly - I doubt many of you have heard of them) commenting about the noise in his apartment building.

"The people upstairs, I can't understand them at all, it's like, vroom vroom, blam blam, vroom vroom, blam blam. It sounds, right, it sounds like two elephants riding around on a motorbike, while a seal bangs a kipper on the table. I went up to complain, and the door was answered by an elephant in a crash helmet. Behind him was a seal, saying 'What is it now, Ralph?' I couldn't take it any more, I just cracked..."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

silentassassin

Well that's a right darn shame. *british accent*

Kuari

Oof...  you know, while the robe may protect from the magic portion, getting smashed into a wall just would GOTTA hurt.

MT Hazard

Quote from: silentassassin on August 01, 2008, 06:42:09 AM
When did he lose it?
When it was turned into a waistcoat by Abel, it probably only works when it entirely covers the area being impacted by magic.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

silentassassin

Oh i thought you meant in the flashback. But he took him down last time without and maybe he'll bring the mighty spork of justice.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: silentassassin on August 01, 2008, 06:50:42 AM
Oh i thought you meant in the flashback. But he took him down last time without and maybe he'll bring the mighty spork of justice.

*sigh* Which last time, silentassassin? The third time Dan took down DP, which is the only one we've seen so far - the one with Wildy as Shaman, and Mab, and Azlan, and Dan's vision of Azlan in a bikini, and the big red, and not very bright, dragon - he still had his robe from Wildy. Sure, he took it off, but he still had it.

The first time, which is the time we're seeing in this flashback, we don't know how Dan won. The second time was the time that the spork was involved, and we haven't seen any of that; other than Dan commenting that he was "a lot more heroic in that one".

And what Dan is journeying to do is take down DP a fourth time.

silentassassin

Yeah the third one but he killed dp with it off and like 50 feet away. And i mean he will hopefully use the spork for the fourth adventure.

icarus

DP cast 'kiss the wall', i think.

in relation to amber's rant...i think it may be a good idea to set aside some 'no net!' time for drawing. i know i don't draw when i'm puttering around online. if i have deadtime at a desk or while i'm watching a movie, it's easy, but while you're going 'i wonder what the guys are all doing down on the forum...' it's almost impossible.

so here's hoping for much more art, even of the aimless doodle kind. <3

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: silentassassin on August 01, 2008, 06:56:55 AM
Yeah the third one but he killed dp with it off and like 50 feet away. And i mean he will hopefully use the spork for the fourth adventure.

Why? The only reason for using a spork to face down a room full of Death Knights is because you don't have any better weapons to hand. And Dan has learned from that experience to always pack a spare or two.

Usually in a dress...

Turnsky

Quote from: silentassassin on August 01, 2008, 06:29:57 AM
Huh I'm not sure if he survived. :p

i'm sure Dan set out with a few of these on his person

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Mao

He may even be hiding a stiletto or two...either the shoe type or the knife type.  With Dan, it's difficult to say.

silentassassin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 07:24:37 AM

Why? The only reason for using a spork to face down a room full of Death Knights is because you don't have any better weapons to hand. And Dan has learned from that experience to always pack a spare or two.

Usually in a dress...
How dare you mock the spork it is of the greatest caliber of weaponry.

LionHeart

Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 07:28:40 AM
He may even be hiding a stiletto or two...either the shoe type or the knife type.  With Dan, it's difficult to say.
Maybe a pair of each?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: silentassassin on August 01, 2008, 07:52:48 AM

calibre.

Turnsky

Quote from: silentassassin on August 01, 2008, 07:52:48 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 07:24:37 AM

Usually in a dress...

there is something far greater than the spork...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splayd

the Splayd.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Mao

Alondro

Dan did not survive...

He and the other characters are in hell, completely at the mercy of the devil known as Amber!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Brunhidden

Quote from: Kuari on August 01, 2008, 06:48:07 AM
Oof...  you know, while the robe may protect from the magic portion, getting smashed into a wall just would GOTTA hurt.

he landed on his head
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

AndersW

Quote from: AndersW on July 31, 2008, 10:09:43 PM
I know what is going to happen next.

Dan: And then he killed me.
Fi: WHAT?!?!

I was close.

Sofox

Heh, I've asked that type of question to people telling a story just for fun.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on August 01, 2008, 08:39:06 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliber

Either is correct.

Only if you trust a dictionary edited by the person with the most free time...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 01, 2008, 06:48:17 AM
Quote from: silentassassin on August 01, 2008, 06:42:09 AM
When did he lose it?
When it was turned into a waistcoat by Abel, it probably only works when it entirely covers the area being impacted by magic.

Yes, but that alteration was in the present and this is a flashback. When DP "shoots" Dan, he's still wearing the unaltered robe under the dress.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Wow...

What a cliff-hanger. Well, we know that he has the robe underneath the dress (and DP knows what Dan is by this point (a guy)), and plus the effects of that spell look different from the Undead-killer. Maybe it's more like a force blast or something and he's just knocking Dan halfway across the room. And someone - or something - is on it's way in. I can't wait for Monday!

As for the buffer idea... good for you Amber! I hope August works out for you, and you get everything you wanted to do done. And I thought you had to go to the hospital for an ear infection.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

joshofspam

the hand that DP uses makes it look like he flick his finger at dan with a magic boost. ouch. :erk
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lucheek

Dan looks goooooood in that last panel.  >:3

Also, as for the new update schedule, are any changes to the DMFA site (not comics) going to be posted, or held back 'till September?