07/21/08 [DMFA #924] - Leaping into someones reach isnt always bright...

Started by Zedd, July 21, 2008, 03:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Hoo..Looks like DP has a nice grasp onto Danny boy and I do hope Pod pup does something!

Edit:
  Just fixed your subject. Read the rules, Z. ;-]
    -- llearch

Jairus

Crud... I was just starting this topic. Oh well.

Okay, first impressions...

Hannah's now a pile of ash. She's dead. Deal with it, deniers. Sorry to be harsh, but considering that her sister is holding her ashes in her hand, I'd say there's not much left of her.
Dan is angry, and is also about to get his butt kicked.
Dark Pegasus has done this before, and knows how it's done. He also seems to find it extremely tedious that every adventurer seems to make this mistake, or else he's just getting a headache.

Does anyone else find it interesting that DP is littering the last few strips with little lessons for his audience? It's like he wants them to become better adventurers, or at least become better opponents for him to face. I guess you'd be ticked off too if every half-trained adventurer came barging in on you at random times. A challenge - or at least someone who'll last longer than half a minute - might be what he's looking for. After all, killing low-level enemies in a video game just gets boring after a while: you start to want a bigger opponent.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

he could still do a crotchshot, dragonbreath is probably pretty close by, and DP now has one hand full so as to give the other angry lady a free shot.

however, ask yourself how hannah, oooold as she is, could possibly be the 'little' sister? could this be a clue about what race the dog is?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Omega

My respect towards Dark Pegasus grows even more. It's like his super power is the common sense

And didn't Dan looked girly enough just a while ago. If "he" is going to be any more femine, I'm starting to think that she might've been a girl from the beginning.

And yes, Hannah is dead, most definitely. I always respect an author, who isn't afraid to kill hir characters.

Jairus

Quote from: Omega on July 21, 2008, 03:48:02 AMMy respect towards Dark Pegasus grows even more. It's like his super power is the common sense

You just reminded me of that Deadpool comic where Deadpool says "Shh! My common sense is tingling!" Some actually made a motivator out of that panel, and if I recall it went something like this...

Common Sense
So Rare It's A Freaking Super-Power

DP indeed possesses one of the rarest of all comic powers: Common Sense. Amber, I love you for creating this character.

Hellcat

Ashes to ashes dust to dust, all must take their final rest sometime

Hehe dust

Jinni

Why does it look like dan has boobs in the second panel? and why does it look like his dress is coming off in the last one?

Mao

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Hanna is *toast*.  Ah well, as I said she could always reappear in a back story arc.  Who knows?

*snerk*  Yakkity yak, don't talk back.

I remember when they had a skit to that song on tiny toons back when I was a kid.  It still makes me giggle a bit to this day.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mowser on July 21, 2008, 06:33:26 AM
Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Hanna is *toast*.  Ah well, as I said she could always reappear in a back story arc.  Who knows?

*snerk*  Yakkity yak, don't talk back.

I remember when they had a skit to that song on tiny toons back when I was a kid.  It still makes me giggle a bit to this day.

Needs a whole lotta duct tape, that's all.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

thegayhare

Wanderer

I'm having a lot of trouble believing this story, Amber. This enemy Dan's facing may well be the exact polar opposite of the Dark Pegasus he fought before. He would never have behaved in a such a cliche and predictable fashion, nor been beaten so easily (hell, he could have blasted Dan with ranged magic once Dan took off the robe). Aside from appearance, the Dark Pegasus we've known has NOTHING in common with this guy you're showing us now. And I'm having serious trouble reconciling the two.

Mao

Quote from: thegayhare on July 21, 2008, 08:21:24 AM
are we talking piffany's magic duct tape?

I actually had to go and look that up... hehe, it might work, but you'd have to be awfully patient to tape all of those grains of dust together.

icarus

food for thought.

> undead live several hundred years (at least) and hannah has been dead longer than dan has been alive (20, give or take)
>> 'little sister' generally means one younger than you. but their physical age appearance is similar.

we already have a cubi (dan), a dragon, an undead, a phoenix (ali-kat) and a demon (DP). and her lack of wings likely means one can rule out angel. no antennea or wings means she's not a fae (jy's patches are recent, and azlan's bandana doesn't entirely hide his wings). dan's ignorance of cubi later in the timeline means you can likely rule out cubi-in-disguise.

and she's no mer, insectis or gryphon...

so, what does that leave you with?

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tapewolf

Quote from: icarus on July 21, 2008, 09:03:09 AM
her lack of wings likely means one can rule out angel.
Not necessarily.  Kria has a Creature->Being amulet, and indeed had one 375 years ago.  Patches may be new, but wing-hiding charms certainly aren't.

That said, Anna is most likely a mythos, IMHO.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Another possibility is that she's just newer to being an Amazon.   The amazons, I believe, saw themselves as a sisterhood so it could just be a seniority thing.

Madmann135

I still wanna see Dan kick Dark Pegasus's tail and kill the bastard (Dan's words remember).
I hope Dark Pegasusdies today... it would only be fitting.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

Quote from: Wanderer on July 21, 2008, 08:22:54 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble believing this story, Amber. This enemy Dan's facing may well be the exact polar opposite of the Dark Pegasus he fought before. He would never have behaved in a such a cliche and predictable fashion, nor been beaten so easily (hell, he could have blasted Dan with ranged magic once Dan took off the robe). Aside from appearance, the Dark Pegasus we've known has NOTHING in common with this guy you're showing us now. And I'm having serious trouble reconciling the two.

*Charline notes*  Weeeell, DP has been dead twice since this backstory.  Being dead will either do one of two things, make you insanely more powerful each time you revive (aka Dragon Ball Z) or make you dumber and weaker each time  (aka, Charles).   :3

*Charles awws*  So this isn't gonna be like DBZ where Dan is all angry like Gohan and stuff and forgets everything as his cubi powers emeergwe for the first and horrific time and he wakes up and DP is dead and the castle's destroyed and everyone who lives runs for it cuz they're all terrified of what Dan will become someday?

*Alondro pokes his head in*  Now THAT would be cliche!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

demecowen

Quote from: Wanderer on July 21, 2008, 08:22:54 AM

Well in most RPG- adventure game when the hero and villain first meet the villain was seemly unstoppable and the hero could do little beside getting his/her butt kick. While villain just treat the hero like they're worthless bugs that are little threat to them. After several encounter later the hero got stronger and defeat villain at the end of the game.

Such example would be FFVII Sephiroth and FXIX Kuja (you don't wanna how many time you played just to get your butt kicked)

So Amber is following the RPG rule of villain winning over the hero on their first encounter(s).

As for DP abilities, we don't know much about his powers. He showed one range magic attack which is more of dealing with the undead than a live person.  Giving DP history with the undead, his magic could more focus on the undead, thus making his magic attack useless on live beings. Dan knew this on their 3rd encounter and that why he threw off his robe to fight DP in hand to hand combat because a robe would get in his way and for the sake of female fanservice. 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on July 21, 2008, 10:34:07 AM
*Charline notes*  Weeeell, DP has been dead twice since this backstory.  Being dead will either do one of two things, make you insanely more powerful each time you revive (aka Dragon Ball Z) or make you dumber and weaker each time
Well, he only died once before when Dan confronted him in the WfH arc, but still.  Personally I think that the difference is that at this point, Dan has done nothing to upset Pegasus (who might even consider him, as a fellow Creature, to be a potential ally) - whereas by WfH he's become a famed adventurer and a regular thorn in DP's side, so DP is liable to be a bit more cranky by that point.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

Hmm. Does "Bastard" break the PG-rating?

And, It says on his Demo that DP started out being aware of the flaws of his "genre" but grew paranoid and starting acting in them.

Jairus

Quote from: Lucheek on July 21, 2008, 11:58:48 AM
Hmm. Does "Bastard" break the PG-rating?

And, It says on his Demo that DP started out being aware of the flaws of his "genre" but grew paranoid and starting acting in them.

Offhand, no. But that's mainly because it's in character and perfect for the moment. I'm weird, I guess.

As for the second part, then we might be seeing how DP started slipping into his "less effective" mode: he got beaten by an amateur adventure (namely Dan). Interesting. Kind of like how the villains in Batman: The Animated Series gradually went from "avenge my pain/save myself/get filthy stinking rich" to "beat Batman." Very interesting.

Alondro

*Charles notes in the bio that DP may have powerful allies and have learned how to come back from the dead!*  Of course!  DP knows Voldemort!  That's why his eyes are red, like Voldemort's!  He has Whorecruxes... meaning that his soul fragmented whenever he got laid, thus making him immortal cuz he now must have, like, a million fragments!  *since demon stallions are quite randy*  :U

*Charline  :headdesk*  So, like I was saying about Charles getting dumber each time he dies...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

I think the difference we are seeing in this fight with DP might be that dan is less experienced in this fight then with his future fight with DP. So he is making more mistakes then then what he does now in a fight then.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ganurath

*puts forward a thought to make things interesting*

Hannah's probably just hiding under the ashes.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Naldru

Just looking at the possibilities.  There are two large potential threats to DP walking around.  (The madder they get, the bigger and stronger they get.)  Dan has had an opportunity to find replacement cutlery to hide under his robe.  DP doesn't view Dan as a threat and is letting him live as well as not paying much attention.  (Isn't there something in the evil villain's handbook about that?)

I believe that the general assumption is that Dan survives.  (Unless there's a pile of Dan clones under the Lost Lake Inn with a new one being activated each time Dan is killed.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jinni on July 21, 2008, 06:18:38 AM
Why does it look like dan has boobs in the second panel?
I don't think it looks that way.
Quoteand why does it look like his dress is coming off in the last one?
It's not coming off, it's just an open-back (for the wings) dress with a collar strap (something to that effect) around the neck to hold it up.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Pagan

Amber killed Hannah. Killed her dead, dead, dead. Pile of ashes, even the bones got burnt away. She's gone, she's gone for good.

I think the illusion of Dan-boobies in the 2nd panel is due to wearing two layers of clothing, it's bulky and dresses tend to be wider around the bust anyway.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

tiggertoo

Gotta love that DP simply palms Dan's whole head -- that would certainly make one recognize the need for an alternative attack plan.  :erk  I'm enjoying DP's quite rational take on villainy -- his main flaw seems to be that he's too much of a "big picture" kinda guy and lets the details slip by.

Poor Hannah -- this is why you never want to be the character motivation for the heroes.

Tiger_T

Aww, man, poor Hannah. :mowsad

Quote from: Jinni on July 21, 2008, 06:18:38 AM
Why does it look like dan has boobs in the second panel? and why does it look like his dress is coming off in the last one?
Nah. That's just your pervy mind. :rolleyes :P

Can't wait to see how Dan will finally manage to defeat him.  :mowwink
My guess is that the other two amazones won't have much luck though. Poor girls. :<
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

terrycloth

Dan: "So I was dangling there from his hand, clamped over my face..."
Fi: "Ack! How did you possible escape that? What happened next?"
Dan: "Well, he blew my head off of course."