04/20/08 [Abel 2 #14] - "Of course it's a ****ing PROBLEM!"

Started by Sunblink, April 20, 2008, 05:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

OWNED. >:3 Oh Aniz. That asshole. He's just a stupid bully at heart, throwing a tantrum when he's confronted with someone he isn't able to slap around.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, owned.

"Three on the way" *snerk*

Aniz lacks the big ideas.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Hmm what is he doing exactly

He can't be breeding an army because that would require his kids like him or atleast respect him.

This is making me think that he might be Devins father

Mwa

Quote from: Mwa on April 20, 2008, 05:36:32 PM
So he does have some kind of plan. I like his angry wings, and the way the circle around him spikes with said wings.  :boogie
Also last one? This has been tried before! :O

Tapewolf

I absolutely love Fa'Lina's expression in pane 4.  And it is interesting that he wasn't the first to do this kind of thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2008, 05:47:10 PM
I absolutely love Fa'Lina's expression in pane 4.  And it is interesting that he wasn't the first to do this kind of thing.

It was kind of hinted in the Cubi page of the Hybrid Genetics Mini-Arc that Aniz isn't the only one to go on a reproduction crusade. Or it could have been how I interpreted it, but it did make Aniz's plans a little more clear to me.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Maybe if you bring enough of your kinds in, you'll get some kind of a premium? :B Nah, that's not likely to be a reason..
Also, I find Aniz's reaction highly annoying. He should realize that he is defeated, and face his defeat like a man, not like a bratty child. Shame on you, Aniz. You have lost a fan in my face right when you said "That is unfair". But Fa'Lina's retort was absolutely priceless. She has the power and she knows how to use it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 20, 2008, 05:49:10 PM
And it is interesting that he wasn't the first to do this kind of thing.
It was kind of hinted in the Cubi page of the Hybrid Genetics Mini-Arc that Aniz isn't the only one to go on a reproduction crusade.

It's not entirely clear whether that's what they mean.  Remember, Fa'Lina has basically allocated 75 years to make Abel sane (ish).  That was her rationale, the implication being that if Abel had been sane should wouldn't have placed such a restriction.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 20, 2008, 05:49:10 PM
It was kind of hinted in the Cubi page of the Hybrid Genetics Mini-Arc that Aniz isn't the only one to go on a reproduction crusade. Or it could have been how I interpreted it, but it did make Aniz's plans a little more clear to me.

I'm minded of another story I've read, in which a ruler of an area on a planet newly reconnected to the rest of the human sphere (and hence newly met up with things like cloning, and babies in bottles, rather than mothers) decided to increase his population. Rather than by setting taxes so that people would move in, he decided to use the spare ovarian cells collected when various folks in his demesne visited the clinic, that they didn't use and would normally be discarded, to generate him some daughters.

A hundred something.

Since it wasn't against the law, the emperor had to come up with some other way of slapping him down. As I recall, the legal tangle meant that the emperor could specify that he had to pay dowries on them all, as part of the checks and balances keeping everyone working together. And he could set the dowries arbitrarily high...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 20, 2008, 05:50:38 PM
Maybe if you bring enough of your kinds in, you'll get some kind of a premium? :B Nah, that's not likely to be a reason..

Meh... could be. Perhaps he wants to have a lot of kids and start his own clan or somesuch (i.e. boost himself into Tri-Winged status). We do know that his existing clan is currently founderless and nearly extinct...
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Tezkat on April 20, 2008, 06:01:04 PM
We do know that his existing clan is currently founderless and nearly extinct...

Well, we know that 375-odd years later, in present DMFA time, the clan is pretty much extinct. We're still not entirely sure of it's current state in the Abel Story canon.

Zorro

He had best realize the fact he is outclassed and concede the point before he does something stupid and pointless.   :mwaha

Wanderer

Take it and shove it, Aniz. This is her school that she provides as a SERVICE to the rest of the Cubi, out of her own generosity (or her own machiavellian plans, whatever, she still doesn't HAVE to do it). She sets the rules here. She's doing you a FAVOR by letting your kids enroll at all. You want to tell her what she can and can't do in her home? Do you have ANY idea what she could DO to you if she decides you're becoming too much of a bother?

The emotional trauma Abel's giving off right now has to be causing havoc among the rest of the students, especially any relatively new ones. That's not something that can be "fixed" easily. Figure several years just to deal with troubles caused by that, and then another good number of them as a slap on the wrist for Aniz for giving Fa'Lina this hassle to begin with. Sounds fair to me.

AndersW

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 20, 2008, 06:00:16 PM
I'm minded of another story I've read, in which a ruler of an area on a planet newly reconnected to the rest of the human sphere (and hence newly met up with things like cloning, and babies in bottles, rather than mothers) decided to increase his population. Rather than by setting taxes so that people would move in, he decided to use the spare ovarian cells collected when various folks in his demesne visited the clinic, that they didn't use and would normally be discarded, to generate him some daughters.

A hundred something.

Since it wasn't against the law, the emperor had to come up with some other way of slapping him down. As I recall, the legal tangle meant that the emperor could specify that he had to pay dowries on them all, as part of the checks and balances keeping everyone working together. And he could set the dowries arbitrarily high...

Quote from: A Civil CampaignDowries! Dowries! A hundred and eighteen dowries...
I love that book. :mowsmile

Zedd

Yeah squak all you want big red but she gots you on a fine string

Alondro

Hee, I knew he had more kids on the way!

Charline is much more clever...

... she eats her kids!!!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 20, 2008, 06:01:04 PM
Meh... could be. Perhaps he wants to have a lot of kids and start his own clan or somesuch (i.e. boost himself into Tri-Winged status).
That has given me some very interesting (and rather nasty) ideas to play with.

Wanderer

Quote from: Alondro on April 20, 2008, 06:36:43 PM

... she eats her kids!!!   :U
Didn't Amber turn Charline good some time back? Or did I miss some conversation around here where that got fixed? (entirely likely, I don't read any threads except the ones about the current comic).

SpottedKitty

Quote from: AndersW on April 20, 2008, 06:35:01 PM
Quote from: A Civil CampaignDowries! Dowries! A hundred and eighteen dowries...
I love that book. :mowsmile
I thought that scenario sounded familiar. Been a while since I last read A Civil Campaign, though, so I wasn't sure.

I'm wondering, though, how right we are about our guesses on Aniz and "his plans". Is he just using the "cuckoo strategy" to bootstrap his clan's numbers? Sounds like it, from Fa'lina's reply, but I'm also remembering Amber's hula-fu. The combined DMFA fandom has been surprised before...   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Lucheek

1) When Aniz said "He looks just like them"- who is them?
2) When Fa'Lina said "The last person who tried this"- What is this?

Over all question, "WHAT IS ANIZ'S GOAL?"

ANSWERS.

Angel

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 20, 2008, 05:50:38 PM
Also, I find Aniz's reaction highly annoying. He should realize that he is defeated, and face his defeat like a man, not like a bratty child. Shame on you, Aniz. You have lost a fan in my face right when you said "That is unfair". But Fa'Lina's retort was absolutely priceless. She has the power and she knows how to use it.

Well, I can imagine having such a sparse clan would make one a little indignant at having a metaphorical chastity belt locked on you for the next seventy-six years. 3 to 1 says he breaks that, though, and suffers the consequences. (Why the hell am I sympathizing with him right now? I mean, he's a bastard, but I still feel a little bad for him...)

And yeah, Fa'Lina pwns massively right now.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Psaakyrn

It's always nagged me: If clan founders cannot reproduce, how does the clan get started to begin with? Making a wild guess here, but I think one of the supposed requirements is to have a certain number of offsprings first , and when you reach a threshold, you become sufficiently powerful to forge your own clan (and taking all the offsprings into fold as well.).
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

yamiblade

Fa'lina owns.  *has been bumped up to my favorite character.  Sorry Dan*

Wanderer

Quote from: Psaakyrn on April 20, 2008, 08:42:16 PM
It's always nagged me: If clan founders cannot reproduce, how does the clan get started to begin with? Making a wild guess here, but I think one of the supposed requirements is to have a certain number of offsprings first , and when you reach a threshold, you become sufficiently powerful to forge your own clan (and taking all the offsprings into fold as well.).
I suspect a clan founder doesn't simply start with themselves and say "I'm starting a clan!" but rather has a certain number of supporters who want to be their own clan and has them be sort of the "base members" so to speak of the new clan. Thus, while the founder him/herself can't reproduce, the people he or she brings into the clan at the moment of founding can.

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on April 20, 2008, 06:36:43 PM

... she eats her kids!!!   :U

Careful, I think the last one she ate was a rock....
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

demecowen

I used to believe that Aniz plan was shove his kids into the school use it as a way increase his prestige over the cubi race, but after seeing his tantrum, not any more.  I mean so far Fa'Lina punch him twice and willing to do more if not for political reason and Abel well-being. Yet now he trying to get in her face, act it not fair.

Did he forget that royally screw over two other clans and brought his trouble in a basket to Fa'Lina? Did he honestly thought he was not going to get in trouble for his mess?

I mean his action and attiude lately, make me hard to beleive he can lead water down a river much less restore or increase his clan number lead them to glory.

So here another theory that I came up by this quote:
Quote from: Lucheek on April 20, 2008, 07:10:42 PM
1) When Aniz said "He looks just like them"- who is them?
Over all question, "WHAT IS ANIZ'S GOAL?"

I think Aniz trying to breed a special cubi. Like in FF7 where you mate chocobos together to breed powerful chocobo to travel anywhere. Aniz would breed powerful cubi and send him/her to SAIA to fully harness their power. To do what with I don't know. 

Madmann135

Fa'Lina if she was not an unpredictable psyco I would hug then kiss her straight on the lips.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Gamma

Yeah the odds of getting away with that are like 1 in 600,000 on one of her good days. Your more likely to burst into flames upon entering the same room.
Although what cool flames they would be, and the joy that would be had watching you run around on fire. Then what would be done with your half-dead body..., well that would be telling now wouldn't it.  :mwaha
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Valynth

Quote from: Gamma on April 20, 2008, 11:58:03 PM
Yeah the odds of getting away with that are like 1 in 600,000 on one of her good days. Your more likely to burst into flames upon entering the same room.
Although what cool flames they would be, and the joy that would be had watching you run around on fire. Then what would be done with your half-dead body..., well that would be telling now wouldn't it.  :mwaha

I say it's worth it, just because of the look on her face a few seconds before the slaughter.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Madmann135

I could say something that would make you say WTF... but I won't.
I'm not worried about catching fire, it is a regular thing for me to burst into flames. (well my avatar)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.