12/12/07 [DMFA #853] - Unicorns

Started by AndersW, December 11, 2007, 11:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 12, 2007, 06:34:36 AM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on December 12, 2007, 12:54:47 AM
You know, there is a Genus issue all about Lesbian Unicorns.

There's also the story someone wrote - his name's on the tip of my tongue, I swear - about someone attempting to trap a (male) unicorn with a young girl.

As he puts it, "If they'd used a young -boy- I might have been caught. After all, I'm gay..." ;-]

that was in the book spell singer the day of dissonance i remember it because of the white tigress  RoseRoar ( she was and amazon ) whom was attracted to JTM (the spellsinger) and well i won't say any more except that it was book three in a five okay six book series.

well now that that's answered  umh what point was amber trying to make? i seriously missed it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Silverfoxr

Quote from: Alondro on December 12, 2007, 10:42:31 AM
*Charles fears no horse!*  But I am afraid of rabid Inuyasha fans.   :<

We do need more "Bleach" however...  >:3

oswari! (muhahhas and vaishs back into lurk mode)

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: e_voyager on December 12, 2007, 11:16:06 AM
well now that that's answered  umh what point was amber trying to make? i seriously missed it.

Pretty much that unicorns aren't anything special on Furrae.

There is a lot of variety on Furrae...even within the Being class, like the psychologist Jackalope, and the Giraffe-taur from the Mall Arc...

e_voyager

ah thanks. i make up for missing things with my willingness to ask about what i missed or don't know. now the only question is are unicorns beings or creatures. probably creatures like the demon mare Kira or a related species more likely.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aleolus

"What's the big deal", Fluffy asks?  The big deal is we've got motherf*'n unicorns in this motherf*n world!

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Caswin on December 12, 2007, 12:29:42 AM
Quote from: Kasarn on December 12, 2007, 12:16:14 AM
So, is there a Unicron in Furrae? :B
*Bodda-bump-bump-bump bodda-bump chh!

Bodda-bump-bump-bup chh!  chh!

Dun... dun don...*

Points to anyone with any idea what I just typed.

Dun dun don dun dun... dada dun..~

I couldn't give you the name of the tune itself (does it even have one?) but it's the one that plays whenever Unicron is shown floating is way through space in the original Transformers movie. ("It is the year 2005...")
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Tim Curry: "The unicorns are dead, is this not true?"
Blix: "Very true..."
Pig: "Undeniably true..."
Curry: "You lie!  Here... is dawn!"
Blix: "The stallion is dead..."
Curry: "Out with it!"
Pig: "...the mare lives still!"
Curry: "If only one unicorn walks the earth, my power is not complete."
Blix: "She's just a female, Lord... she has no power!"
Curry: "Only the power of Creation!  Get the mare!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 12, 2007, 02:06:33 PM
Tim Curry: "The unicorns are dead, is this not true?"
Blix: "Very true..."
Pig: "Undeniably true..."
Curry: "You lie!  Here... is dawn!"
Blix: "The stallion is dead..."
Curry: "Out with it!"
Pig: "...the mare lives still!"
Curry: "If only one unicorn walks the earth, my power is not complete."
Blix: "She's just a female, Lord... she has no power!"
Curry: "Only the power of Creation!  Get the mare... because I have some very high-paying Japanese businessmen on the line who are really into fantasy hentei... "

That's more like it.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Manawolf

I just realized Amber used this strip as an excuse to draw something in a bra.  I have noted in the past how her characters have shown a lack of such undergarments.

Kenji

Kuari

Quote from: DarkAudit on December 12, 2007, 11:01:06 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on December 12, 2007, 12:03:17 AM
Quote from: yamiblade on December 11, 2007, 11:47:43 PM
wonder if yokai exist too..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%C5%8Dkai

if this place fills up with random inuyasha fans and people who go on for a week about kitsune i am so out of here

Don't worry, I think we've got enough chainsaws on hand to keep that from becoming an issue.

Do you have the boomsticks? *picks DarkAudit up by his shirt collar, shaking him*  BOOMSTICKS!!!  WE NEED BOOMSTICKS!!!!

Heh, anyways, yeah, honestly though, I'm more curious about how some of the halfbreeds work other then cubi...

And I pray Fae as a whole are sterile, because a half fae would = end of all of existence...

But yeah, thinking more half-weres...  half angels..  you know...  the races that probably wouldn't completely take ones blood over like a Cubi would

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on December 12, 2007, 03:47:06 PM
Heh, anyways, yeah, honestly though, I'm more curious about how some of the halfbreeds work other then cubi...

And I pray Fae as a whole are sterile, because a half fae would = end of all of existence...

I think Amber's said that you can't have half-Fae.  It stands to reason as their souls - if they can be called such - work in a different and incompatible way to other Creatures, and Beings.  I suspect that if it's possible to interbreed with them at all, you'll end up with something other than a Fae, e.g. a Being if the Mab - Merlitz thing from the earliest strips had borne fruit.

QuoteBut yeah, thinking more half-weres...  half angels..  you know...  the races that probably wouldn't completely take ones blood over like a Cubi would
Half-Weres are something I've been curious about too, but I have no answers.  You can have part-demons like Lorenda, so at a guess, I'd imagine a part-Angel is also quite possible.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Kuari on December 12, 2007, 03:47:06 PM
Quote from: DarkAudit on December 12, 2007, 11:01:06 AM
Don't worry, I think we've got enough chainsaws on hand to keep that from becoming an issue.

Do you have the boomsticks? *picks DarkAudit up by his shirt collar, shaking him*  BOOMSTICKS!!!  WE NEED BOOMSTICKS!!!!

If we need the boomsticks, then it's already too late. The racket of the chainsaws should deter them from even getting in the door, without having to worry about breaking the furniture.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Netrogo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 12, 2007, 03:59:05 PM
Half-Weres are something I've been curious about too, but I have no answers.  You can have part-demons like Lorenda, so at a guess, I'd imagine a part-Angel is also quite possible.

I'm fairly certain Amber's gone on record as saying in DMFA lore there is no half this half that. You either are or you aren't. The only exception to this being seperate species themselves. The demons, fae, etc, all seem to fall into a subclass that's tacked onto said species. Otherwise all the cubi, fae, and demons would all look the same.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

White_Pony

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on December 12, 2007, 04:34:59 PM
I'm fairly certain Amber's gone on record as saying in DMFA lore there is no half this half that. You either are or you aren't.

Check this out:  http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,1779.msg73030.html#msg73030

...in fact she does say you could be half-Angel.

Netrogo

Amber Williams

Not that being a half-angel is really all that amazing.  Most half-breeds tend to be watered down versions of the more powerful race.  I don't think there is any pairing that would result in a half-breed that is stronger or more powerful than the parents.

Then again, that might be my cynical side kicking in. :3

Netrogo

Don't give anyone the chance to justify any of that retarded 'Duuurrr I'm pwoerfulz lawl' bs. Characters like M'Lady, as much as I love the comic and all the characters, are completely fucking moronic. They're indecisive to a rediculous fault and I HATE giving them any ability to justify their own inadequacies.

Not that I'm saying all 'halfs' are bad. I've seen many Many good ones. It's just specifically the 'Duuurr I have all the strengths and none of the weaknesses' and the M'Lady's that take it too freaking far. Ones like Lorenda are completely fucking awesome and I absolutely love them.

Feroluce

especially Lorendas wings. they still make me laugh :giggle

AndersW

Quote from: Netrogo on December 12, 2007, 05:15:33 PM
Don't give anyone the chance to justify any of that retarded 'Duuurrr I'm pwoerfulz lawl' bs. Characters like M'Lady, as much as I love the comic and all the characters, are completely fucking moronic. They're indecisive to a rediculous fault and I HATE giving them any ability to justify their own inadequacies.

Not that I'm saying all 'halfs' are bad. I've seen many Many good ones. It's just specifically the 'Duuurr I have all the strengths and none of the weaknesses' and the M'Lady's that take it too freaking far. Ones like Lorenda are completely fucking awesome and I absolutely love them.

I think you quoted Amber there.

Naldru

I remember that my grandfather would never let my mother ride a horse, even a pony ride.  He was a doctor and had seen too many injuries related to horses.  So even though they are vegetarians, horses are large creatures and can cause serious injuries.
Quote from: Manawolf on December 12, 2007, 02:43:50 PM
I just realized Amber used this strip as an excuse to draw something in a bra.  I have noted in the past how her characters have shown a lack of such undergarments.
Quote from: Kenji on December 12, 2007, 02:44:18 PM
But are you complaining?
Are you asking if he's complaining about the presence of bras or asking if he's complaining about the absence of bras?

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kenji

Anything and everything involving some sort of complaint.

Also, yay unicorn girls~

Netrogo

Okay I can't hold it in anymore...

Does anyone else look at today's comic and picture her at a bar with some drunk guy trying to pick her up with the line "Hey baby, feeling horny?" other then me?

thegayhare

[There's also the story someone wrote - his name's on the tip of my tongue, I swear - about someone attempting to trap a (male) unicorn with a young girl.

As he puts it, "If they'd used a young -boy- I might have been caught. After all, I'm gay..." ;-]

I've got a great older picture titaled "Why Maidens are safe from Unicorns"

Lets just say the hero was painfully suprised

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 12, 2007, 05:02:45 PM
Not that being a half-angel is really all that amazing.  Most half-breeds tend to be watered down versions of the more powerful race.  I don't think there is any pairing that would result in a half-breed that is stronger or more powerful than the parents.

Well there is the tenacity of a mutt
My best dog Zues was amutt from dog breeds not known for there intelegance but he was brilliant

I remember one time my dad wqas sick and Zues was hungery so he brought his bowl to dad.  then he brought up a can of soup, and then went down one more time to bring up the can opener

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 12, 2007, 05:02:45 PM

What about a were with a cubi? :p

Manawolf

The right awakening rituals and experience could help though.

Doesn't that basically mean cubi are weaker than angels and demons?

Amber Williams

It's only a rumour that Cubi came from Angels/Demons.  In many ways that many beliefs have creation stories. 

However, in terms of scale...yes. The average Cubi is going to be much weaker than the average angel or demon.  If one was to go by Abel Story reference, even Kria with much less experience would likely have been able to wipe the floor with Aniz.  However, the most powerful Cubi are stronger than the most powerful Demons/Angels...so it kind of evens out.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on December 12, 2007, 12:54:47 AM
You know, there is a Genus issue all about Lesbian Unicorns.

There's also the story someone wrote - his name's on the tip of my tongue, I swear - about someone attempting to trap a (male) unicorn with a young girl.

Ah, the spell singer series. :3

The author is still releasing the occasional book for it, though I think he's focusing more on his Commonwealth universe.

That series has to be one of the first strongly "furry" works I'd experienced (saturday morning cartoons excepted)

I have to admit, I had a sort of a crush on Roseroar for a bit.   :blush
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 13, 2007, 12:53:04 AM
It's only a rumour that Cubi came from Angels/Demons.  In many ways that many beliefs have creation stories. 

However, in terms of scale...yes. The average Cubi is going to be much weaker than the average angel or demon.  If one was to go by Abel Story reference, even Kria with much less experience would likely have been able to wipe the floor with Aniz.  However, the most powerful Cubi are stronger than the most powerful Demons/Angels...so it kind of evens out.

Heh, Fa'lina probably scares the pants of Kria I imagine then..