10/01/07 [DMFA #826] - Where were we?

Started by AndersW, September 30, 2007, 11:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Invisibility does indeed rule.

Kenji

Is it bad that while reading that line for the first time in the last panel, I heard it in Amber's voice?

Hellcat

you know, I still don't know that fae's name

Fuyudenki

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on September 30, 2007, 11:33:18 PM
you know, I still don't know that fae's name

'tsokay, only Amber knows, right now.

and probably Tealsteak...

Onto the comic, I actually can do that, but only when I'm not thinking about it.  I am forever having people ask where I went or tell me I startled them, when I was doing something rather high-visibility or loud.

Regal

Nice trick, but does it seem to anyone else that Lorenda is still looking at her?

Zedd

When going invisiable..It helps keep your damn mouth shut

Sienna Maiu - M T

First thing out of my mouth after reading;
*exhalation*
Just Kidding!;
"Good stuff, good stuff... I'ld do it too."

Quote from: Kenji on September 30, 2007, 11:26:27 PM
Is it bad that while reading that line for the first time in the last panel, I heard it in Amber's voice?
YES!!! Because you went to AC and didn't stash me in your bag to take with you  :<

Kenji

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 30, 2007, 11:57:45 PM
First thing out of my mouth after reading;
*exhalation*
Just Kidding!;
"Good stuff, good stuff... I'ld do it too."

YES!!! Because you went to AC and didn't stash me in your bag to take with you  :<

I'm sorry, I'll bag you next time and smuggle you so you can join in the mwahaha'ing. :<
Also, its nice to see the human fae acting just like the fluffbutt faes.

superluser

Quote from: Regal on September 30, 2007, 11:52:28 PMNice trick, but does it seem to anyone else that Lorenda is still looking at her?

Probably hadn't changed her perspective so as to continue avoiding Jyrras' gaze.

Being invisible like that might have some serious repercussions later.  Like...uh...

Oh, hell!  It wouldn't have any repercussions.  False alarm.  Carry on.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Know be cool and ironic Lore could see her still?

Azraelle

Awkward conversations are always even more awkward when someone reminds you of them and thrusts you into the situation.  But invisibility rules.  It's my second-most longed-for ability, right behind telekinesis.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Azraelle on October 01, 2007, 12:15:29 AM
Awkward conversations are always even more awkward when someone reminds you of them and thrusts you into the situation.  But invisibility rules.  It's my second-most longed-for ability, right behind telekinesis.

Ah, the ever-popular "Flight or Invis?' question.

Apparently, I already have both.

Reaver225

Half-demons don't have the ability to see through illusion, don't they? As someone's pointed out Lorenda's looking in that general direction... though Jyrras is also in that general direction...

:mowninja <-Quite appropriate.

Magic

Invisibility is nice, but have to be careful with what kind of invisibility. You don't want to be permanently invisible, now, mmh?
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zedd

Quote from: Ink on October 01, 2007, 04:05:37 AM
Invisibility is nice, but have to be careful with what kind of invisibility. You don't want to be permanently invisible, now, mmh?
Im sure some superpowered people learned that the hard way doc...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on September 30, 2007, 11:36:10 PM
Onto the comic, I actually can do that, but only when I'm not thinking about it.  I am forever having people ask where I went or tell me I startled them, when I was doing something rather high-visibility or loud.

Awesome... sounds like you've got Plateau-eyes!  Think you could teach me how to do that?

I can see I'll have to quote 'A Gift From Earth' when I get home...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Janus Whitefurr

Griffin says hello.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Madmann135

I find it funny that she didn't lie.  She said "I'll vanish for a bit."  How it is interpreted is one of a thousand ways and going invisible is one way.
Also I think I should say this, odds are around 25% that Jyrras knows that the fae simply went invisible and he knows that this is a conversation that they must have.

Invisibility can go only so far, remote viewing, spy cameras, hidden recorders may seem indirect but for the most part you are not there and getting caught is much more difficult.  Going invisible has it's drawbacks.  One being there are easy ways to find out where you are hiding, the old paint bucket is a classic.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

LionHeart

I must admit, I couldn't see myself living like that... :P
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Mischa

I did too!  I can so see Amber saying that... XD

rt

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  I suppose we Cubi could blend into the background, like squid and chameleons.   :3

I must steal a Fae soul and gain more powers!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on October 01, 2007, 10:09:24 AM
I hear there's a bit of a trick to that since Fae don't have souls in the conventional sense.  Dark Pegasus seems to know of a workaround though, but he's a bit difficult to get hold of these days.

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2007, 10:21:07 AM
Quote from: Alondro on October 01, 2007, 10:09:24 AM
I hear there's a bit of a trick to that since Fae don't have souls in the conventional sense.  Dark Pegasus seems to know of a workaround though, but he's a bit difficult to get hold of these days.

Ah, but when they left his castle, they forgot to look around for the notes and ancient scrolls and whatnot he was must have used!  After all, he had to learn the ritual from somewhere.  Everything in that place was left as is, just waiting for someone with the proper dark motivations! 

And what if some sly succubus happened to slink inside and snatch some of that precious information, eh?   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2007, 05:26:53 AM

Awesome... sounds like you've got Plateau-eyes!  Think you could teach me how to do that?

I can see I'll have to quote 'A Gift From Earth' when I get home...

Oh drat, that means if I practice and try to make use of it, it'll go away, just like my super-limited ESP did.

I used to be able to predict minor things(whether a coin would come up heads or tails, or which hand someone's holding something in) with frightening accuracy, but when i tried practicing and honing it, the ability spontaneously vanished.

Aleolus

Tapewolf

[Lydia, Hood, Laney, Kane and Keller are holed up in an empty house planning their next move.  Lydia is in the kitchen, the others are in the sitting room.]

Nobody was looking at him.
Laney was staring into the artificial fire; Hood was looking at Laney; Harry Kane was in his Thinker position.  None of them were really seeing anything, at least not anything there in the room.  Each wore an abstracted look.
  "One problem," Harry Kane said dreamily.  "How the blazes are we going to free the rest of us, when only four of us escaped?"  He glanced around at his inattentive audience, then went back to contemplating his navel from the inside.
  Matt felt the hair stir on his head.  Harry Kane had looked right at him, but he certainly hadn't seen Matt Keller.  And there was something very peculiar about his eyes.
  Like a man in a wax museum, Matt bent to look into Harry Kane's eyes.
Harry jumped as if he'd been shot.  "Where the blazes did you come from?"  He stared as if Matt had dropped from the ceiling.  Then he said, "Umm... Oh!  You did it."
  There wasn't a doubt of it.  Matt nodded.  "You all suddenly lost interest in me."

--A Gift From Earth, Larry Niven.  Chapter 8 - Polly's Eyes

thegayhare

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2007, 10:21:07 AM

Truthfully we don't know if he was right and that it would have worked

now for the work arounds on detecting invisibility one of the people I alked to when I played VtM had a good defense against invisble vampires sneaking into his club.  beaded curtains on the doors

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was -tempted- to look that up and post it before you did, Tape... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on October 01, 2007, 03:55:53 PM
Truthfully we don't know if he was right and that it would have worked
Indeed - it's not even clear if there is a Dark God at all, or whether it's just some fairy-tale he happens to believe in.