1-10-07 Meet The Wall

Started by Akisohida, January 09, 2007, 08:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

Wow, Dan tried to fight back, failed, and Abel gave good avice. Dan should now follow up and go after Jy-Jy and explain what happened, as Abel said. Doing nothing or lying more can only make it worse. o.o
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

xHaZxMaTx

I wonder if it will be my friend.  Hello wall! *Thud*

superluser

Awww, I was hoping the thread would be titled, ``You fight like my mom.''

As for Abel giving good advice, I don't think that Abel truly understands the situation.  It's still good advice, but it's wrong.  Jyrras will still be angry.  Possibly angrier.

Ooh!  Maybe Dan will have just explained it to Jyrras when ``The End of the Dragon Race'' happens, and they'll be stuck, fighting off (whatever) together.

Edit:

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on January 09, 2007, 08:39:33 PMI wonder if it will be my friend.  Hello wall! *Thud*

It needs a big, wide sounding word, like aaaa-allll...Wall!  That's it!  Wall!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

HazMat FTW. Bwahahahaha!

Of course the actual quote is "I wonder if it will be friends with me." but close enough :-)

Abel is a jerk. He's right, but he's still a jerk. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Boog

I find it a little astounding that Abel could do that. Dan's an adventurer, ne? He should have been able to land a decent hit against a guy who hasn't been outside of college for a time period measured in decades.
And Abel giving good advice on something other than basic magical wossnames seems like a more calender-marking-worthy event than Dan being honest.

Kenji

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on January 09, 2007, 08:39:33 PM

Monster Rancher flashbacks. D:

Dan must not have raised his unarmed combat skill too high. It's all them swords, boy! I mean, they're fun and all... but ya can't always have em.

That and I just know Abel's trying to get Dan out so he can finally have the bar to himself so he can do that classic "sliding across the floor in socks, then dancing in your underwear" thing. He seems the type. Really.

Boog

Monster Rancher? Huh? I recall no particular wall issues in that game.
And who isn't that type? It's a lot of fun!
And will I eventually not start a line with a question?

Kenji

Quote from: Boogeyman on January 09, 2007, 08:52:47 PM
Monster Rancher? Huh? I recall no particular wall issues in that game.

Well I meant the actual wall monsters themselves that were just... walls. >.> But that's off topic, so... comic related stuff.

thegayhare

Roureem Egas

Y'know, I'm starting to think Abel got his sense of humor/sarcasm from Devin. Only, he usually doesn't lay it on as thick.

And another interesting tidbit, Abel fights like Destania! :U Think it came from the private tuition?

DigitalMan

I was thinking the same thing as Abel. He must be quite smart.

ChaosTiger

Akisohida: true, but what should be done and what dan thinks should be done are usually two completely different things...  :mowwink

HaZ×MaT  and superluser: *wraps a towel around his head and sticks his thumb up into the air*

Manawolf

He's still lying, he's always hated Abel.

Netami

Boog

Quote from: Roureem Egas on January 09, 2007, 09:01:09 PM
Y'know, I'm starting to think Abel got his sense of humor/sarcasm from Devin.
I've noticed that too. My guess is that it has something to do with Devin being the first mind he ever read.

[Begins overanalysis of technicalities and otherwise unrelated data as only a sci-fi geek can] Now, how does the soul consumption thing work? I heard somewhere on the old forums that the soul is trapped as a power source within the cubi, and that sorta gets me thinking. Could Abel have taken Devin's soul as a way of "making it up to him"? Keep him alive as a part of Abel or something in exchange for getting him killed by distracting him? That might influence his behavior. Of course, it could be a completely nonmagical explination, such as "He's just a jackass," or "He just tends to act like Devin now." [Overanalysis ends]

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Roureem Egas on January 09, 2007, 09:01:09 PM
Y'know, I'm starting to think Abel got his sense of humor/sarcasm from Devin. Only, he usually doesn't lay it on as thick.

And another interesting tidbit, Abel fights like Destania! :U Think it came from the private tuition?
I figured it was entirely likely that Abel learned that from Destania. Hmm..."a student I once had a vested interest in"...entirely possible it was private. Never though about that. Perhaps Destania tought Abel how to defend himself from attacks?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Manawolf

Looks like it would have been nice if she left a few teachings with Dan as well.

Turnsky

well lookie there, Abel's actually trying to teach Dan something, now will Dan take that advice, i wonder..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anri

I approve of all this use of blunt trauma.  >:3

Kasarn

[insert sexual innuendo about being thrown up against a wall by Abel here] :E

Caswin

Option one: Whine and hope.

Option two: Hope.

...though I certainly can't blame Abel for wanting to hear less Dan-whining, otherwise, I'm afraid I don't see much difference.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Regal

So do all cubi learn a form of judo as part of their education?

thegayhare

Quote from: Manawolf on January 09, 2007, 09:32:46 PM
Looks like it would have been nice if she left a few teachings with Dan as well.

she probably tried they just didn't take

they did with Alexsi though

Manawolf

Well she did have a few years ahead of him, and thus has been mature enough to learn those things longer before Destania left.

Alondro

*Charline notes* Well, Destania left when Dan was still fairly young.  She didn't have much time to teach him.  And let us not forget, though a whiny hemophobe who didn't want to sodomized (Bah!  It's loads of fun!), Abel was also in the adventuring class and is also 400 years old.  I'm quite certain he exceeds Dan's skill levels.  Which also leads me to note that the only cubi an adventurer would easily defeat is one from the pacifist clans or a young cubi of the savage clans.  Any of those cubi who are truly wicked, like myself, would have devoted ourselves to the perfection of the art of killing.  And our extremely long lives would mean we'd have many being lifetimes to hone our skills!  We would become death... the destroyers of worlds...  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azlan

Dan is just angry at himself.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Arcalane

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on January 09, 2007, 08:39:33 PM

Face, meet wall.

Wall, meet face.

*WHUMP!*[/i]

Anticheese

The feathers coming from Dan as he hits the wall were a nice touch too.

e_voyager

i can't help but wonder . will Dan ever become that calm and assured. in battle.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

thegayhare

To paraphase Gir
"Hello wall make me a sandwitch"