Abels Story 9/9/06

Started by ElectroMotive, September 08, 2006, 11:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectroMotive

Devins not a bad guy... at least in Xanders eyes.

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. and the scripts are posted.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

Amber's looking in all the wrong spots >.>

And about the comic, looks like after all that, maybe those two aren't so bad...

xHaZxMaTx

Odd layout, was kinda hard to follow...

Zedd

No bad guy is really bad till you get to know them better

fesworks

I thought the layout was interesting, and I followed it pretty well myself. So many "rules" to following comic frames.

Top from left to right, down to the left, to right. etc...

If at an angle, read what is on top, reading left to right.

Large (sometimes frameless, or encompassing most of an area) portions with framed sections: read framed sections first, though eye may draw to the bigger spot first. This goes for stacked frames on the left, and then read to the right side after getting to the bottom.

Follow speach ballons in same fashion, Follow in order as they appear in natural reading.  If presented in an odd fashion read as bubble seperations dictate.

see, simple.   :mowdizzy

Kasarn

Can "speckles" be added to Abel's cast page? :laugh

Fresnor

So Amber wants Tombstone pizzas to be sent to her now instead of thoe swedish fish things?  >.>

Tapewolf

I'm not going to talk about the layout.

The parallels between the way Devin is turning out since the arrow incident and the way Abel turned out since he bapped Dan continue to impress me.
I wonder if the last frame means that Abel is going to become part of the monster hunt?  (e.g. Devin has found evidence)

So many possibilities.. the Creature is Abel's true father (if we assume that it wasn't Cid), or the captured Creature points out that Abel is a 'cubi and that Xander is too, possibly giving Abel a nasty attack of the headwings...

If Abel joins the hunt, he might be useful to the others.  He is unarmed but most likely capable of fireball or ice-blast.  His super librarian powers might very well have given him useful Creature knowledge (yeah, like he isn't going to have read up on winged races to find out why he's got some when he's only a Being).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

The layout isnt my best I admit.  It looked a lot better in my head...however on the plus side in a couple days I think the last thing people will be worried about is layout.

Thats right.

Abel's Story updates extra this week.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 09, 2006, 04:34:38 AM
on the plus side in a couple days I think the last thing people will be worried about is layout.
Thats right.  Abel's Story updates extra this week.

Awesome!

Zedd

Thats gonna be alots of fun...Hope you hgave the strenth to do so

Vidar

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Wanderer

:eek Are you sure you want to do that to yourself?

Dakata

...Xander looks cute when he's mad. X3

*Cough*or confused-ish*Cough*

luiqui

Quote from: Dakata on September 09, 2006, 07:32:33 AM
...Xander looks cute when he's mad. X3

*Cough*or confused-ish*Cough*

Yep yep. Panel 2 = <3. This is known as the first axiom of Xanderology. I still prefer Abel though. He's angsty and hugs himself. The outfits are always a plus too :) <-- (I love that smiley, it looks so gormless.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: luiqui on September 09, 2006, 08:20:38 AM
2 = <3. This is known as the first axiom of Xanderology.
I should think so!  I'd hate to live in a world where 2 >= 3 :erk

**EDIT - lost this bit in a browser crash **
And so, as the Xander fan club grows, we have the 'character creep' problem.  Amber's not going to be popular if he dies.   >:3

Quote from: Wanderer on September 09, 2006, 07:11:58 AM
:eek Are you sure you want to do that to yourself?
Would you still have said that if Regina had won? :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

The layout isnt my best I admit.  It looked a lot better in my head...

Hey, I *liked* the layout. I *like* the way the layout in Abel's Story isn't fixed, but more free-flowing, changing from week to week.

It gives a much more baroque feel to the story as a whole, whilst being subtle enough that many people miss quite *why* it feels baroque, and it suggests a much older time - which is appropriate, given AS is looking back from the main storytime...

Ah, nuts. This means I'm going to have to update the scripts more often. Bah, humbug. :-)

rt

:mowsad Poor amber, must live where all the good grocery stores are gone. Some have their own pizza's for sale, will make what you want (some cook it even!) and the make your own supplies. Plus the frozzen standards .. though mabey not pepperoni + mushroom .. but they'll sell you mushrooms and you can cut them.

Ooh yes and Able too *waits for update* what do they see  D:

Gabi

Yes, I like the varying layout too. It's art, it doesn't have to be static. As long as you can tell which panel comes after which other, everything's fine.

As for the promised extra update... I will assume you know what you're doing, Amber, and won't push yourself too hard, so in that case... Yay!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

luiqui

Quote from: Gabi on September 09, 2006, 11:08:19 AM
As for the promised extra update... I will assume you know what you're doing, Amber, and won't push yourself too hard, so in that case... Yay!

Yes, I agree. I'm happy because it means Amber is still enjoying doing the comic, even after faithfully updating it for this long, which is wonderful to know. I wouldn't want it to be a chore for her. Plus, extra updates... :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. I liked that image so much, Gabi, that I edited it to make it a bit better, in my not so very humble opinion. :-)

think we should throw it into the usual place to request it being added to the server? :-)

Zedd

So mucgh fun and yet Amber beinging denyed real foods must blow

Akisohida

Methinks they found a dead person or the remains of an attack (scuffle-marks, torn clothes/broken weapons, etc). :)

On an unrelated note; am I the only one that did not get yapp-i-fied? Everyone seems to have a yappity now. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

thegayhare

Quote from: Akisohida on September 09, 2006, 12:38:04 PM

On an unrelated note; am I the only one that did not get yapp-i-fied? Everyone seems to have a yappity now. :)

nopers You arn't hon

I haven't had a yap either... *pouts* and I did ask.

Oh well no worries

luiqui

Heh, I don't have one; or any avatar for that matter. I always feel a little bit rude asking any artist for stuff whn they don't know me, even when they're givng stuff away for free. And well... I don't really know anyone here yet. :mowninja

Tapewolf

Quote from: luiqui on September 09, 2006, 02:40:55 PM
Heh, I don't have one; or any avatar for that matter. I always feel a little bit rude asking any artist for stuff whn they don't know me, even when they're givng stuff away for free. And well... I don't really know anyone here yet. :mowninja

On occasion fledgling artists will offer free commissions to help improve their skill.  That's a good way to get in on the ground floor.

Methinks they found a dead person or the remains of an attack (scuffle-marks, torn clothes/broken weapons, etc). :)
I agree.  This may, as I mentioned, drag Abel into the monster hunt.

QuoteOn an unrelated note; am I the only one that did not get yapp-i-fied? Everyone seems to have a yappity now. :)
I haven't asked for one.  Yet.

ITOS

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2006, 03:04:10 PM

And the creature they meet will sense that Abel is a cubi? D:
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: ITOS on September 09, 2006, 05:08:10 PM
It's quite possible.  Of course we don't know about Xander, either.  If they both had an 'OMG, I'm a monster' moment, at least they wouldn't have to go through it alone like Dan did :)

Reese Tora

Quote from: ITOS on September 09, 2006, 05:08:10 PM

I would think it unlikely, considering that Aarryanna didn't detect Dan as a 'cubi, and so far as we know none of dan's previous opponents ever did (maybe they did but didn't tell him, who knows?)

Supposedly, Abel would be in roughly the same or an earlier area of development as Dan is/was/will be when Aarryanna was introduced. (gads, time travel  'A' )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation