Xander sighted in SAIA?

Started by Tapewolf, September 04, 2006, 05:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Those who are wondering if the dalmatian Xander is a demon, take a close look at Volume 555 in the DMFA mainline.

Here we have one Dalmation, apparently male.  Red eyes.  Red hair.  Right eye covered with black spot.  Small spot under left eye.  Sound familiar?

The ears are different colouring, and of course he has all his wings in the SAIA shot but otherwise the resemblance is uncanny.
He's also wearing glasses, which the Xander we know of doesn't, but that might simply mean he's long-sighted, which would be good for archery but require glasses for reading.

What's more, if you look closely at the glasses on his left, there's a black 'spike' which falls where the tiny spot on his left side would be.

Coincidence?  Just the way Amber draws dalmatians?  Or is Xander alive and well and about to complete his own course at the Succubus and Incubus Academy?

Yes, I could have put this in the Abel's Story thread, but frankly it's disintegrated into babble.  And I thought this was interesting enough to merit it's own little thread.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Netami

I'm gonna say that it's just coincidence. Most of the time if Amber wants to have a cameo or a nod to another character, she makes it pretty apparent.

Of course, this is also just based on track record. Every time someone singles a character out, it ends up not being the character in theory. Like Destania being the blue creature in the top-down view of the school room in Abel's Story; Amber said that it was just a blue creature, and that not everything blue is automatically Destania.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netami on September 04, 2006, 06:02:58 PM
I'm gonna say that it's just coincidence. Most of the time if Amber wants to have a cameo or a nod to another character, she makes it pretty apparent.

Indeed.  But the spot patterns are quite similar.  There are a number of possibilities:

1. It is Xander and his form in Abel's Story is slightly disguised via 'cubi power or some kind of primitive patch
2. The 'cubi in SAIA is one of his descendants
3. The cubi in SAIA is one of Amber's early prototypes for Xander

**EDIT**
If it is Xander, Abel's totally ignoring him is odd, although they would have both been at the Academy for centuries

Kenji

Amber is neither a videogame maker or a cartoon maker.
Therefore, it is quite possible for, like real life, people to look similar. :3

Such as the two dalmation woof woofs and how Devin looks kind of like Dan.

Netami

I do see the resemblance though. I just don't think she's that subtle.

Aridas

Amber's actually really really unoriginal, and ALL the characters are red-haired dalmations with spots on and under their eyes. They're just differently shaped, sized, and colored, so you don't actually see that fact. trust me. *wanders around wearing a tinfoil hat*

GabrielsThoughts

they look simmilar to me also, but the ears don't match.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

The Lurking Dragon

erm, joist a minor point - I thought Abel's story happened *before* Abel even knew he was a incubi therefore if Xander is also a 'cubi it's entirely possible neither one's heritage has manifested yet at this point in the story.
If I missed a point in DMFA where the two met, and didn't recognize each other, please ignore me. =)
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

Zedd

I'm sure Amber will reveal all goodys soon

llearch n'n'daCorna

The point was, TLD, that that shot that got expanded was from the normal arc, not Abel's Story. So.. if Abel met Xander in AS, he'd have met him in the past in the SAIA arc. So.. why didn't Abel stop and say "hi" ?

... although, as pointed out, Abel and Xander (assuming it _is_ Xander, which isn't a given) would have spent several centuries getting on each other's nerves at the Academy, so, who knows. Perhaps they're just refusing to talk to each other? I get the feeling that, should Abel bounce out as a Cubi in the near future, AS-wise, he's gonna have some _bad_ times with Devin and Xander.

That sort of thing can survive the end of the world, and hell freezing over. A couple of centuries is just about nothing :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

The Lurking Dragon

Perhaps in the centuries they've at least learned to tolerate each other? Maybe he's a bit busy leading Dan around? That's why I figured he wasn't stopping to say hi to everyone. Heck, maybe he missed seeing him. =p
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, but that'd be just boring. We can't go theorising wildly with that, now, can we? :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 04, 2006, 07:19:22 PM
The point was, TLD, that that shot that got expanded was from the normal arc, not Abel's Story. So.. if Abel met Xander in AS, he'd have met him in the past in the SAIA arc. So.. why didn't Abel stop and say "hi" ?

Just a couple of extra notes before I go to bed (currently laying down the basic tracks for WDDTHW?)

1. Abel has a deep dislike of 'Cubi who use their Power to assume a completely alternate identity.  I always assumed this referred to his parent(s), but it might be Xander, if as Amber has kind-of-hinted, he is in it for the long haul and isn't just star-trek fodder for some violent deed in the forest.  That might explain their ignoring each other in the corridor IF it's Xander and IF they have actually noticed each other.

2. IF it is Xander, the one in AS might be the original, and the one in SAIA could have changed his ears with his Powers.  Not as a disguise, but as a fashion statement, like when my brother dyed his hair ginger (that played merry hell with his passport photo).  This is more plausible than the AS Xander having the power to shapeshift at that age.

Alondro

*Charles gasps!*  It could be Charline!  She's just ebil enough to do that sort of thing!  And no one would suspect her cuz she hates dogs!

*Charline shakes her head*  No Charles.  It's not me.  I have assumed many forms to deceive people, but never a dalmation.

*Charles hmphs*  Well, fine.

*Charline grins*  That's Alondro.   >:3

*Charles  :eek * Alondro?!  He's a cubi?!

*Aondro acks!*  No I'm not!   Stop trying to make me look evil, Charline!

*Charline simply looks smug*  Denials, denials.  You're not fooling anyone.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azlan

Amber has admitted in the past that canines are her strong point, but this appears to be simple coincidence.  Nice resemblance though.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zedd

Quote from: Azlan on September 04, 2006, 09:31:40 PM
Amber has admitted in the past that canines are her strong point, but this appears to be simple coincidence. Nice resemblance though.

Nicely put fae butt...Sides who knows whats really going on...Amber has plans for any char...Thats why hiding in her closet helps  :mowninja :paranoid

ITOS

There is also the possibility that Amber intentionally made them similar in order to confuse us. After all, the chance of it getting noticed by this speculation loving forum is not really small. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Paladin Sheppard

Oh just to muddle the waters alittle...Anyone spoted that Xander's arrows are purple and the arrow that Abel found in the kitchen is purple(although a bit darker) aswell?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Now, now, Paladin. That's just mean. :-)

... of course, now I have to go and compare...

Shadrok

If it is Xander one possible reason Able didn't stop to talk is that they could have been talking telepathically what with their ability to read minds and all.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I think you're awesome for even noticing. Ooh, and Shadrok, good point.

There is also the idea that he was part of a biggianthoarde at the time. One might presume witht the biggianthoarde-ness and the let'sallshoutandDan-ness, they were each a tad busy.

Also, would I be correct in my understanding that Abel knows everyone at the school (couple hundred years there, noooo~... of course not!) whether they should happen to like each other or not. See Exhibit A: Abel and Arryanna. hmm... methinks based on them hating each other and both being close with Fa'Lina... She doesn't really play favourites, does she?

Okay, sorry. It's 8am and I'm still up, my brain is flying, well... flitting really.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You mean Fa'Lina might be stirring up bad feelings, playing them one against the other, in a very Vetinari sort of fashion?

Yes, that seems rather likely. :-)

ShiningShadow

I think you have a good point there TW. It could be this way how certain stories maybe arced to the point if they come together. Then it will explain things. And we all say OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......... :mowmeep

luiqui

Astute observation TW. I salute you.

I don't really see the point about it being weird that Abel and possibly-Xander not saying hi to each other. Maybe Abel had already done it and pushed ahead in the crowd - they aren't exactly right next to each other in the picture. Or of course, they simply hadn't seen each other.* Or maybe, like Sienna said, it was too much time effort to push through the crowd just to say hi.

* Having said that, it's likely that Cubi would be able to detect each other based of the kind of energy they're radiating - an 'emotional signature' if you will.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: luiqui on September 05, 2006, 12:57:17 PM
Astute observation TW. I salute you.

I don't really see the point about it being weird that Abel and possibly-Xander not saying hi to each other. Maybe Abel had already done it and pushed ahead in the crowd - they aren't exactly right next to each other in the picture. Or of course, they simply hadn't seen each other.* Or maybe, like Sienna said, it was too much time effort to push through the crowd just to say hi.

* Having said that, it's likely that Cubi would be able to detect each other based of the kind of energy they're radiating - an 'emotional signature' if you will.

Oh I forgot about that one maybe he did say hi earlier on and the story at this point
getting very good. I can't wait and see the continuation of this saga. :mowninja

Gabi

Ok, I'm getting here late, but... Regardless of who the dalmatian is, Abel has been in SAIA for centuries. He probably knows everyone in there. He wasn't shown saying hi to everyone; he may or may not have greeted anyone at all. That doesn't mean he didn't know them.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

Its easy to know someone in SAIA..After you felt their aura for a few hundred years

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 09, 2006, 11:04:23 AM
Ok, I'm getting here late, but... Regardless of who the dalmatian is, Abel has been in SAIA for centuries. He probably knows everyone in there. He wasn't shown saying hi to everyone; he may or may not have greeted anyone at all. That doesn't mean he didn't know them.

I would almost say this throwaway comment has touched a nerve, since most people have objected to it.

As for saying 'hi' telepathically, I'm not sure how well that would work, since it would surely only be possible when your mental shield is down.  Now arguably it might be possible to create just the right shaped chink in the shield to allow this, but if telepathy was a common mode of communication among 'cubi, Fa'lina and Abel wouldn't have needed to speak in #424.

Zedd