[Art] Kipiru Starrider's Art 2- Water Sorceress (updated 01/03/11)

Started by Kipiru, March 09, 2010, 04:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

I'm starting a new art thread as the old one was getting too big and had to be resurrected, which is not a good idea.
Here is a link to it though: Old Art Thread

NEW:And here is the first piece:
Gunslinger Iva- a bit NSFW

Plus some amateur Photoshop fun:
Catgirl 1
Here is the original photo Scarlet
rework1 Scarlet Kitty
rework2 Scarlet Kitty2
Catgirl 2
Original photo Maggy
rework Maggy Tiger

And here is my version of Aurawyn's avatar:

Aurawyn - a bit NSFW

And let's kick things off with some new stuff, nothing impressive, just your average Kipiru girl pics  :3

Eka a penpal from Indonesia

Eka and her sister

Nevelina this was done as a tribute to this girl's own art

Iskra a girlfriend of mine that had a thing for England and London in particular

And here is the first of the unfinished art I had. ChaosMageX's Ignacious:

Ignacious

And here is something done entirely with my new tablet, from ink to color.

Super girls  NSFW

NEW:A water sorceress- nothing special in terms of art, but I tried adding some background this time :)

Water Sorceress - slightly NSFW

NOTE: I take requests for art at no price except for a bit of patience  ;)

Kipiru

And here is my version of Aurawyn's avatar:

Aurawyn - could be considered a bit NSFW

Aurawyn

and boy did patiences pay off.. that is so awsome!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurawyn on March 15, 2010, 09:09:29 AM
and boy did patiences pay off.. that is so awsome!

Yes, I can definitely see the resemblance.  It's a little scantily-clad for work, but I like what I did see.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

That looks really nice, Kip! Though, if you don't mind suggestions, I think that it could be a good idea to remove the black border around the body markings, at least on the colouring stage. It would make them blend in more naturally. I used to do markings on the inking stage myself, but now I add them entirely digitally.

Kipiru

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 15, 2010, 09:21:15 AM
That looks really nice, Kip! Though, if you don't mind suggestions, I think that it could be a good idea to remove the black border around the body markings, at least on the colouring stage. It would make them blend in more naturally. I used to do markings on the inking stage myself, but now I add them entirely digitally.

It did cross my mind to do something like that Ren, but I decided that I didn't want to risk it for this one. But I will definitely try it next time  :mowsmile

WhiteFox

Quote from: Kipiru on March 15, 2010, 11:08:23 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 15, 2010, 09:21:15 AM

It did cross my mind to do something like that Ren, but I decided that I didn't want to risk it for this one. But I will definitely try it next time  :mowsmile

Coloured lines might be another idea.

I love the pose. It's hard to make characters just standing there look interesting or dynamic.

Almost all the characters in your drawings seem to have the same sultry, half lidded, pouty expression.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kipiru

Quote from: WhiteFox on March 15, 2010, 05:54:09 PM
I love the pose. It's hard to make characters just standing there look interesting or dynamic.

Almost all the characters in your drawings seem to have the same sultry, half lidded, pouty expression.

That is mostly because I'm working with someone else's character. I'm having a hard time simply making the picture close to what the person has in his mind about their character. If I was to draw someone more than once, I'd have a lot more freedom of posture, because I would already know how they look. Same goes for the face expression- neutral. That half smile on the ladies can be interpreted in so many ways, but it always looks nice.

Kipiru

And let's kick things off with some new stuff, nothing impressive, just your average Kipiru girl pics  :3

Eka a penpal from Indonesia

Eka and her sister

Nevelina this was done as a tribute to this girl's own art

Iskra a girlfriend of mine that had a thing for England and London in particular

Gabi

Kipiru! You're back?

Your pics are well drawn. I like the 3rd one best.

Please remember the CCC gift you owe WhiteFox from months ago!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kipiru

I haven't forgotten Gabi :) and that is not the only art I owe, so I'll try to catch up wit that.

Kipiru

Ignacious - this was actually one of the toughest character to draw, but it was fun. I hope it meets its creators vision :)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Kipiru on December 04, 2010, 08:39:33 AM

Ignacious - this was actually one of the toughest character to draw, but it was fun. I hope it meets its creators vision :)

You met and surpassed them! :D

You didn't miss a single detail, including his crystalline horn, the scar on his left forearm from where it was severed and reattached, his unique cat-like tail, whiskers, and eyes, and his small "package", which he frequently strives to overcompensate for.

There are only two small details you didn't quite get right, but I've saved those for the PM reply.

I also love his clothes and I love his power harmonic gunbladed guitar.  Overall, you did an amazing job and I love it!

I had almost forgotten that I had requested this picture from you, since you sort of dropped off the radar after finishing Tapewolf's Strange Bedfellows comic.  I'm glad that you're back now, it's good to see you again. :)

By the way, have you noticed that I finally designed my current fursona?

Icon by Sunblink

Kipiru

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 04, 2010, 11:17:43 AM

Of course I did and it actually almost made me rethink my no-background policy.  :mowdizzy

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Kipiru on December 04, 2010, 11:26:09 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 04, 2010, 11:17:43 AM

Of course I did and it actually almost made me rethink my no-background policy.  :mowdizzy

My background image is a Lorenz Attractor of the Butterfly Graph, which is a symbol for Chaos Theory.

Icon by Sunblink

Kipiru

And here is something done entirely with my new tablet, from ink to color.

Super girls  NSFW

Ren Gaulen

Mmmm, nice. :3 And what is their superpower - aside from the Most Common Superpower, of course? ;)  (←Warning! The link leads to the TV Tropes. Enter at your own risk. It may eat all your free time. :B )

Kipiru

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 19, 2010, 07:50:18 AM
Mmmm, nice. :3 And what is their superpower - aside from the Most Common Superpower, of course? ;)  (←Warning! The link leads to the TV Tropes. Enter at your own risk. It may eat all your free time. :B )

Their superpower is being resistant to the effects of alcohol when they are together, thus saving the world  from underage drinking, behind the wheel drinking, morning drinking or in fact any drinking at all, by consuming all alcohol they can find  >:3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kipiru on December 19, 2010, 10:40:19 AM
Their superpower is being resistant to the effects of alcohol when they are together, thus saving the world  from underage drinking, behind the wheel drinking, morning drinking or in fact any drinking at all, by consuming all alcohol they can find  >:3
That is a fairly impressive superpower. *nod-nod*

Kipiru

A water sorceress- nothing special in terms of art, but I tried adding some background this time :)

Water Sorceress - slightly NSFW

Ren Gaulen

Looks pretty nice, Kip. Though her legs and staff disappear into the water too abruptly. You made the cut off line almost perfectly horizontal; I think it should be a bit curved, so the water is a bit "higher" at the edges of the legs, to make them look more 3D. Also, nice outfit. :3

WhiteFox

The lighting is very stylish... which, actually, is pretty cool looking. Satiny. The lighting is very chaotic, though. In some places, it looks confusing. There are shadows under her breasts, but her shirt doesn't cast any on her torso. There's shade on the left side of her hip when her bust and leg seems to be lit from that direction. I get the impression that her leg should be casting a shadow over her skirt, too.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kipiru

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 03, 2011, 10:45:42 PM
The lighting is very stylish... which, actually, is pretty cool looking. Satiny. The lighting is very chaotic, though. In some places, it looks confusing. There are shadows under her breasts, but her shirt doesn't cast any on her torso. There's shade on the left side of her hip when her bust and leg seems to be lit from that direction. I get the impression that her leg should be casting a shadow over her skirt, too.

Since I got my tablet I've been trying to implement this mid-shadow to accent shading, but it's something I'm still getting use to, so I may have some errors done- especially the thing with her shirt, now that look at it, it really needs a shadow there.