[Art/Writing] Jairus: Merry Christmas

Started by Jairus, July 20, 2008, 04:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Janus Whitefurr

That's actually a decently done parody. As opposed to others I've seen out there. I'm not quite sure what to think of your choice of song, though...

Also, "Jarras" doesn't flow well as a word. Jynus, perhaps. Then again I suppose it depends on how you pronounce Jyrras...
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 12, 2008, 09:38:54 PM
Also, "Jarras" doesn't flow well as a word. Jynus, perhaps. Then again I suppose it depends on how you pronounce Jyrras...
Hmm.. Hey, you're right. Jynus seems to sound better.

Jairus

That's actually a decently done parody. As opposed to others I've seen out there. I'm not quite sure what to think of your choice of song, though...
Thanks. They're quick and fun to do, and people seem to like them. As for the choice of song... well, I felt like I had to do it. My alternate idea for that song was that I'd have Dan and Jyrras talking about their friendship and how they're still best friends despite the shakeup in their relationship recently, but it's a little late for that. Come to think of it, that was a better idea. Oh well.

Eh, I made up like a dozen or so of them at once, and "Jarras" was part of the flow, and I never got around to changing it. Plus, I use "Jyrbel" (pronounced Gerbil) for Jyrras and Abel. And I normally pronounce Jyrras as "Jye-rus," so Jarrus would be a little closer to my user name... which is still disturbing.

Jynus it is! I'll use that for the next one!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 09:43:15 PM
Good idea. As a secondary effect it does not sound like your name any more. :3

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 12, 2008, 09:44:48 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 09:43:15 PM
Good idea. As a secondary effect it does not sound like your name any more. :3
I think I might have figured out the next Jynus or Jyrbel song... "Summer Nights," from Grease.

Janus Whitefurr

Though at one point the head honcho and I were discussing appropriate themesongs and she picked out "World Is Not Enough" which is rather fittingly an actual Bond theme.

I'm the only one in the universe who thinks it's pronounced Jeer-ass, aren't I? Oh well, c'est la vie.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 09:46:35 PM
I think I might have figured out the next Jynus or Jyrbel song... "Summer Nights," from Grease.
Just as a random suggestion, you may want to try to do something with such songs as "Who wants to live forever" and "Too much love will kill you" by Queen. >:3

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 12, 2008, 09:47:29 PM
I'm the only one in the universe who thinks it's pronounced Jeer-ass, aren't I? Oh well, c'est la vie.
I always thought that myself, until Jay suggested another variant of pronunciation.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 12, 2008, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 09:46:35 PM
Just as a random suggestion, you may want to try to do something with such songs as "Who wants to live forever" and "Too much love will kill you" by Queen. >:3
I'll take it into consideration.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 12, 2008, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 12, 2008, 09:47:29 PM
I always thought that myself, until Jay suggested another variant of pronunciation.
I have no idea how it's pronounced. But the fact that I have possibly polluted your mind makes it all the sweeter! Maybe I should ask Amber how it's pronounced...

Anyway, one last song before I hit the hay!

I heard this song while flipping through my collection, and I immediately thought of Destania. This is my WMV (Written Music Video) of "Death to Squishies," aka "The Courtney Gears Song" from Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. It's quick and dirty and not really changed around, but I kind of like it.

And I do believe that Destania has the "wingspan" to do this song properly. Ahem.

"The Destania Song," or "Death to Dragons"

Hey, what's up people, it's Destania! Are you feeling me Cubi? I'm feeling you!

I see the future, and what do I see?
Cubi taking power over, all Furrae!
Can't stand those Dragons, they're "pure" and haughty!
The time is now, we Cubi must be free!

You wanna be free?
Then shout with me, yeah!

This goes out to all you Cubi 'cross all of Furrae!
It's time for you and me to rise up and strike back!
Don't stop until we dominate,
Won't you feel great?
When we exterminate
All the Dragon race!

Yeah. Short and sweet. I promise I'll do a real parody later today, not one of these half-assed ones like this one and the previous two.

I should do some tech stuff. Seeing Ren's cool drawing has brought me to the verge of breaking down and talking about Roland... must... resist... urge... to... talk... about... technology! Must... type... like... James... Kirk! KAAAAAHHHHN!!!!

Also...

Silver and blue, forged
Of metal. An armored suit
For the modern world.

Of course I have a
Shield up when I'm transforming.
I am not stupid.

EDIT: I PMed Amber to ask how it's pronounced...
Quote from: Amber Williams on September 13, 2008, 03:54:05 AM
I personally pronounce it Jye-rus (like a gyrascope) but Jeerass is also ok.  I figure it boils down to ones regional dialect and accent.
So, in short, they're all technically correct...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 13, 2008, 03:48:09 AM
"The Destania Song," or "Death to Dragons"
HERESY! *BLAM!*

Seriously, though, another nice one.

Quote from: Jairus on September 13, 2008, 03:48:09 AM
I should do some tech stuff. Seeing Ren's cool drawing has brought me to the verge of breaking down and talking about Roland... must... resist... urge... to... talk... about... technology! Must... type... like... James... Kirk! KAAAAAHHHHN!!!!
Well played, Jairus, but your Scream-Fu is too weak. This is how it's done!! KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!! D:<

Also, do some tech stuff. I'm gonna post a Hercules Panzerknecht soon.

Cogidubnus

Again, I've never heard of this song before, but the end product is both humorous and well-adapted, it seems. :B

Also, are those transforming mecha haiku? >:3

Jairus

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 13, 2008, 02:41:42 PM
Also, are those transforming mecha haiku? >:3
Actually, they're powered armor haiku. The later one is similar to something one of my characters says while his armor is materializing around him.

I am currently working on a song about Abel's feelings for his dad. It's so evil of me.

Jairus

Well, this may be one of the most twisted, evil things I've ever done. Yay! I now present the "Aniz Song" or "Frig You Very Much," by Abel Rewanz, adapted from "The FCC Song" or "F*ck You Very Much" by Eric Idle.

The "Aniz Song" or "Frig You Very Much"
Here's a little number I wrote the other day while out shopping with Jyrras.

Frig you very much, my dad Aniz.
Frig you very much, for leaving me
Inside of SAIA's walls, stuck walking down the halls,
It's worse than any school I've been before.
So frig you very much, my dad Aniz,
For beating up my mom and then Hennya.
You sliced her up to bits
And then called her corpse a worm,
Then hit my mom again and dragged me off from home!
You dropped me in a cell and left me up and all alone!
so frig you Dad so very much!

So frig you very much you horrid man,
For heroically leaving on the lam.
For trying to expand your cubi clans setup of power,
Let's send you a clear signal and banish you this hour:
Four hundred years away, no matter how you glower!
So frig you Dad so very much!

So frig your stupid plot and scheming too.
Frig you and frig everything you do.
I care not for your plans
Since you plotted from the start.
As far as I'm concerned you're just a goddammed jerk at heart,
You'll never make it up so you'd better never start.
So frig you Dad so very much.

So frig you very much for killing Cid,
For picking up his life the way you did.
You lied for thirty years,
Which only led to tears,
My mom's a paranoid wreck who's
Now all wrapped up in her fears!
She'll never be the same again,
Since you've dealt her so much pain!
So frig you dad so very much!

So what my life's destroyed,
That's a thought that we'll avoid!
And just frig you Dad so very much!

Well, that was horribly evil of me. Lyrical Dissonance at a level I've never done before.

Either a song or Roland next. I don't know which.

Ren Gaulen

Jairus

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT APPROACHING!

Well, I've broken down. Here's Roland. I'll try to keep this as informative and entertaining as possible. Also here will be some info on AMP Tech, though some of you clever sods have figured out what an AM Particle is already. Included here is general technical information for all of the related units, as well as some background info. Unfortunately, I currently lack the talent to draw any of the nine Roland models, the Roller model, or the Rockon model (yes, that's 11 units all total). Maybe I could recruit Ren's advice/help again...

Also, the AM Particle that is the waste product of a TF Reactor's power generation (recall that a Thauma Furnace Reactor works by converting magical energy into electricity and AM Particles) is short for Anti-Magic: AM Particles slightly disrupt the usage of magic in an area, and when properly focused can actually cut through and destroy spells or outright prevent spellcasting in an area, though it only disrupts magical abilities.

Anyhoo... Roland. And I'm still figuring some of this out, so there will be some "unknowns." Enjoy...

Roland-series Powered Armor
A pet-project of Nick's, the Roland series is based on a number of designs he made while at the academy. The original purpose of the earliest Roland prototypes was to act as a sort of civilian construction and rescue unit, and Rocker-series armor do that to this very day. Roland, however, is designed for Nick's purposes alone. From the beginning of the project, Nick has had four design elements in mind: 1) Incorporate the TF Reactor and AMP Tech; 2) Enhance the wearer's combat levels to Creature-levels or above; 3) Allow for use of magic even under AM Field conditions; 4) Use as much magic-free technology as possible. All Roland series have accomplished this, and more. All are designed to be worn, obviously.

RC, Roland Mark 0
General and Technical Data
Model number: RC01, R-00A
Code name: RC, Roland Mark 0
Unit type: prototype civilian-use powered armor
Manufacturer: Nicodemus Cidney
Operator: Nicodemus Cidney
Rollout: unknown
First deployment: unknown
Accommodation: Operator only
Dimensions: unknown
Weight: unknown (suggestions?)
Armor materials: Aluminum and steel
Powerplant: External Mark 1 TF Reactor, External Mark 2 TF Reactor, 2 x high-efficiency battery
Propulsion: None
Performance: unknown - poor
Equipment and design features: Feedback control system, primitive sensor mechanisms, multiplies wearer's strength by up to 10 times.
Fixed armaments: None
Optional fixed armaments: None
Optional hand armaments: None
Technical and Historical Notes
The earliest of the "Roland" series, the Reconstruction-Compact (RC) test unit was built to serve as a compact form of the powered frames that some construction groups were using to assist in building. Nick designed this unit when he was sixteen years old and studying at the Academy. The design had a number of problems, including a lack of a real internal power source and poor efficiency in use. The controls were also tricky to work with, and it was never designed to be worn by anyone besides Nick. Only two RC01 units were made: one at the academy, and one in Nick's lab. Both were little more than proof-of concepts. The version that Nick built in his lab was identical to the RC01, but was redesignated after the Roland Mark I was built as "R-00A" to mark how he considered it the earliest version of the Roland series powered armor. The R-00A is completely and totally unsuited for battle, so no, Nick will not be pulling out the all-powerful "Zero" prototype at the last minute.

Roland Mark I
Model number: R-01A
Code name: Roland Mark I
Unit type: prototype test-bed powered armor
Manufacturer: N-Tech
Armor materials: Titanium
Powerplant: External Mark 2 TF Reactor, 3 x high-efficiency battery
Propulsion: 2 x rocket booster, backpack mounted; 4 x maneuvering flaps, built into armor
Performance: unknown
Equipment and design features: Feedback control system; internal environment control; radio linkup to Zed (N-Tech central computer)
Fixed armaments: 4 x automatic pistol, 2 in each arm; 1 x automatic shotgun, built into right arm; 1 x high-powered flamethrower, built into left arm; 2 x hyper-vibration blades, collapsed into forearms; 4 x micromissile launcher, built into backpack
Optional hand armaments: 1 x machine gun; 1 x carbine; pretty much anything that could be picked up
The first true Roland unit, the Mark I - despite it's loadout - was not designed for combat, but rather as a test of what the unit could do. Mark I improves on Mark 0 in every way imaginable, and then some. The unit was still crippled by the lack of a dedicated internal power supply, and only had enough charge for about fifteen minutes of battle in its batteries, but since the unit was never meant to be disconnected from N-Tech's Mark 2 TF Reactor, this was not really a problem.

Roland Mark II
Model number: R-02A, R-02B
Code name: Roland Mark II, Roland Mark IIB
Unit type: prototype test-bed powered armor
Armor materials: Titanium alloy; super-ceramic composite
Powerplant: External Mark 2 TF Reactor, 4 x high-efficiency battery
Propulsion: 2 x rocket booster, backpack mounted; 2 x maneuvering rockets, leg mounted; 6 x maneuvering flaps, built into armor
Equipment and design features: Feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment (10 minute supply of air); radio linkup to Zed; 12 x hardpoint for mounting extra equipment
Fixed armaments: None
Optional fixed armaments: Varied
Optional hand armaments: Varied
Another test-bed unit, Mark II was designed from the ground-up to test potential weapons and equipment for future versions. The controls and efficiency of the system were again enhanced, while the armor was designed to be easily removed and replaced to test new configurations. The Mark II was still essentially a full-body shell compared to later units. Nick continues to use a Mark IIB to this day to test new equipment for the system as well as work around the lab.

Roland Mark III
Model number: R-03A
Code name: Roland Mark III
Unit type: prototype multi-feedback/flight-test powered armor
Armor materials: Titanium, super-ceramic composite, AMP/steel alloy
Powerplant: External Mark 2 TF Reactor; 4 x high-efficiency battery; 4 x optional external high-efficiency battery; 2 x optional extra rocket fuel tanks
Propulsion: 2 x rocket booster, backpack mounted; 4 x maneuvering rockets, leg mounted; 4 x flight stabilizer, 2 built into backpack and 2 built into hands; 8 x maneuvering flaps, built into armor
Equipment and design features: Feedback control system, NeuCom Control system (Neural Communicator); fully-sealed internal environment; radio linkup to Zed; 6 x hardpoint for mounting extra equipment; 1 x AM Particle reservoir, built into backpack
Fixed armaments: 2 x automatic pistol, mounted in forearms; 2 x automatic shotgun, mounted on backpack, swing under-arm in use; 2 x hyper-vibration blades, collapsed into forearms; 2 x AMP Beam Saber, built into hip armor, handheld in use
Optional hand armaments: Varied
The Mark III Roland was designed to test three new systems: 1) A NeuCom (Neural Communicator) system; 2) Full flight capacity; 3) an AMP Reservoir and AMP Beam Saber technology. The NeuCom system works by actively scanning the mind of the operator, and helps amplify control by picking up what the pilot is intending: this requires a concentrated mind an a full set of calibration scans before it can function properly. As for flight capability, the unit was intented to allow Nick to use it as a training unit to practice flight in a powered armor: the extra batteries more than doubled its operation time when separated from the Mark 2 TF reactor, though since flying drew so much power anyway this left Nick with between fifteen and thirty minutes of flight practice. Extra maneuvering flaps and micro-flight stabilizers amplified control of the unit and made maneuvering easier. AMP Beam Sabers were an outgrowth of AMP Tech, and are AM Particles charged by electricity into a form of plasma: AMP Beam Sabers are capable of completely destroying any cast spell, and can cause permanent scarring if used on a living thing. The AM Particle reservoir built into backpack is to recharge the saber when not in use, since the Roland Mark III lacks the ability to generate it's own AM Particles.

Roland Mark IV
Model number: R-04A
Code name: Roland Mark IV
Unit type: prototype Ward-equipped powered armor
Armor materials: Titanium; super-ceramic composite; AMP Steel alloy; Sol-foam
Powerplant: External Mark II TF Reactor; 1 x high-efficiency micro battery network built into armor; Ward system
Propulsion: 2 x rocket booster, backpack mounted; 4 x maneuvering rockets, leg mounted; 4 x flight stabilizer, 2 built into backpack and 2 built into shoulders; 6 x maneuvering flaps, built into armor
Equipment and design features: Omni Feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment; radio/mobile linkup to Zed; 8 x hardpoint for mounting extra equipment; 2 x AM Particle reservoir, built into hip armor; Ward system compatibility
Fixed armaments: 2 x automatic pistol, mounted in forearms; 2 x automatic shotgun, mounted on backpack, swing under-arm in use; 1 x AMP short beam blade/blaster, mounted in left forearm; 1 x AMP Beam Shield, mounted in left forearm; 2 x AMP Beam Saber, mounted on hip armor, handheld in use; 1 x "Shining Finger" AMP Plasma Emitter, mounted in right forearm and hand
Optional fixed armaments: 1 x AMP Grenade Launcher, mounted on backpack, swings over shoulder in use; 1 x hyper-vibration sword, mounted on backpack, handheld in use
Optional hand armaments: 1 x AMP Beam Pistol, mounted on backpack, handheld in use; 1 x machine rifle, handheld in use
The Mark IV was an incredible step above the previous versions. In addition to incorporating all of the advances that had come before, the Mark IV added to them. First of all, the Mark IV was designed to be compatible with the Ward System (a magically-enhanced and created garment worn by users of the Modern Magic system - like Nick), meaning that the pieces of it could be stored in extradimensional space until needed: this - combined with the Ward's own "henshin" capabilities - meant that the operator could take the Roland with them wherever they went, and were not reliant upon a base of some kind. This also meant that the Mark IV could be much sleeker than previous versions, and the design started to look less and less like a bulky spacesuit and more like form-fitting armor. The Omni Feedback system combined the previous controls into a newer, sleeker system, The new battery network could store double the amount of power that Roland could previously store, and also made it easier to transfer power to where it was needed. Though the two AM Particle reservoirs were each slightly smaller than the single one of the Mark III, together they had a capacity of 50% greater than the Mark III. The left forearm contained a combat AMP Beam Tonfa Lance that doubled as a short-range Beam Blaster, allowing him to attack magic users and spells from a greater distance. It also contained an AMP Beam Shield projector, though this consumed a lot of energy to use. The Beam Pistol had a further range than the blaster, and also had its own internal capacitor to avoid draining from the main unit. Finally, the right forearm and hand contained a weapon called the "Shining Finger," which created a sphere of AMP energy in the palm of the unit's hand that could be used as a close-quarter's combat attack, capable of shredding through magic and most defenses alike. All-in-all, the unit represented the peak of Nick's technological accomplishments at the time of its construction. Unfortunately, the lack of a proper internal power supply aside from the batteries meant that the unit never saw combat, and was more or less a test unit for the Mark V.

Roland Mark V
Model number: R-05A
Code name: Roland Mark V
Unit type: prototype combat powered armor
Operator: Nicodemus Cidney, Elian Cidney
Armor materials: Titanium; super-ceramic composite; AMP Steel alloy; Sol-foam; Lun-metal
Powerplant: 1 x Mark 4 TF Reactor; 1 x high-efficiency micro battery network built into armor; Ward system
Propulsion: 1 x M-Drive Lift System, 2 emitters on backpack; 2 x maneuvering rockets, leg mounted; 6 x flight stabilizer, 2 backpack mounted, 2 shoulder mounted, 2 leg mounted; 6 x maneuvering flaps, built into armor
Performance: unknown; subsonic flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: Omni Feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment; radio/mobile linkup to Zed; 8 x hardpoint for mounting extra equipment; 4 x AM Particle reservoir, 2 built into shoulders, 2 built into legs; Ward system compatibility
Fixed armaments: 1 x AMP beam lance/blaster/shield, mounted in left forearm, usage depends on configuration; 1 x AMP Beam Shield Emitter, mounted on right forearm; 2 x AMP Beam Saber, mounted in hip armor, handheld in use; 1 x "Shining Finger" AMP Plasma Emitter, mounted in right forearm and hand
Optional fixed armaments: 2 x AMP Sword, hip mounted, handheld in use; 2 x automatic carbine, backpack mounted, swing over shoulders in use; 2 x automatic shotgun, backpack mounted, swing under-arm in use; 1 x AMP Grenade Launcher, backpack mounted, swings over right shoulder in use; 1 x AMP Beam Cannon, backpack mounted; swings over left shoulder in use; various others
Optional hand armaments: 1 x AMP Beam Pistol, stored on backpack, handheld in use; 1 x Beam Rifle, stored on backpack, handheld in use; 1 x machine rifle, handheld in use; various others
The first combat-worthy version of the Roland, the Mark V was completed by Nick finally completely construction of the first Mark 4 TF Reactor, an ultra-compact reactor that could be mounted in the unit's backpack. With the addition of a more-or-less perpetual power source, most previous limitations on the unit's specifications were lifted. The reactor itself was configured to draw its power from the Ward system, meaning that the armor was more or less completely self-reliant. The weapons systems were all improved and shifted around, including replacing the two automatic pistols with a pair of carbine rifles and mounting them on the backpack. A further two AM Particle reservoirs were added to store the extra particles generated by the Mark 4 Reactor: these units would be topped off and recharged by the reactor, and normal usage would not drain them too severely. Additional power and an infinite supply of AM Particles also allowed Nick to drastically improve his defenses: a second AMP Beam shield was mounted on the right forearm (where it was a part of the Shining Finger's power system), while the left forearm combined the Beam Lance and Blaster with a Shield to create a triple-use weapon, depending on its configuration. The M-Drive Lift System was an inertia-less technology-driven mobility system that Nick had previously included in Skipper, though here he was able to compact it down to the size of his armor: one disadvantage of the system was that it took so much power to run that Nick had to divert power from all other weapons systems, and could only use the optional carbines and AMP Swords in combat. The suit did have a handful of problems, such as many systems being linked together in a sequence and the afore-mentioned power difficulties, though these were somewhat corrected in the R-05B and then implemented in the R-06A Roland Mark VI. A number of extra optional back-pack mounted weapons were developed it, set up in four different sets of equipment to modify the unit's combat ability: these could not be equipped simultaneously.

Roland Mark VI
Model number: R-06A
Code name: Roland Mark VI
Unit type: prototype anti-magic powered armor
Armor materials: Titanium; super-ceramic composite; AMP Steel alloy; Sol-foam; Lun-metal
Powerplant: 1 x Mark 4 TF Reactor; 1 x high-efficiency micro battery network built into armor; Ward system
Propulsion: 1 x M-Drive Lift System, 2 emitters on backpack; 2 x maneuvering rockets, leg mounted; 8 x flight stabilizer, 2 backpack mounted, 2 shoulder mounted, 4 leg mounted; 6 x maneuvering flaps, built into armor
Performance: unknown, subsonic flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: Omni Feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment; radio/mobile linkup to Zed; 8 x hardpoint for mounting extra equipment; 4 x AM Particle reservoir, 2 built into shoulders, 2 built into legs; 1 x Multi-point defense barrier, online only during transformation; Ward system compatibility; Caliburn EX compatibility; 1 x Omnidriver Mk.7, built into left forearm
Fixed armaments: 1 x AMP beam lance/blaster/shield, mounted in left forearm, usage depends on configuration; 1 x AMP Beam Shield Emitter, mounted on right forearm; 2 x AMP Beam Saber, mounted in hip armor, handheld in use; 12 x AMP Field emitter, mounted on AM Particle reservoirs; 1 x "Shining Finger" AMP Plasma Emitter, mounted in right forearm and hand
Optional fixed armaments: 2 x AMP Sword, mounted on hips, handheld in use; 1 x Caliburn EX, mounted on left hip, handheld in use; 2 x automatic carbine, backpack mounted, swing over shoulders in use; 2 x automatic shotgun, backpack mounted, swing under-arm in use; 1 x AMP Grenade Launcher, backpack mounted, swings over right shoulder in use; 1 x AMP Beam Cannon, backpack mounted; swings over left shoulder in use; various others
Optional hand armaments: 1 x Beam Rifle, stored on backpack, handheld in use; various others
A more advanced and more streamlined version of the Mark V, the primary distinguishing factors of the Mark VI are the addition of two new pieces of technology. The first is a set of AMP Field emitters (3 to each AMP Reservoir), a device previously used in Skipper that projects a field of Anti-Magic Particles throughout the area, making it impossible to cast higher-level magic and restricting mages to elemental spells only: usage of this field, however, drains Roland of all of its stored AM Particles, and forces it to rely on its hard weaponry instead until the TF Reactor reloads the reservoirs. The second is complete compatibility with Caliburn EX, an upgrade to Nick's multi-use weapon Caliburn: this upgrade, however, is not implemented in the Mark VI unit, and Nick "merely" uses Caliburn as a multi-configuration general magic weapon. It was also able to equip the optional weapons packs developed for Mark V.

Roland Mark VII
Model number: R-07A
Code name: Roland Mark VII
Unit type: prototype anti-magic warfare powered armor
Propulsion: 1 x M-Drive Flight System, 2 emitters on backpack; 2 x maneuvering rockets, leg mounted; 8 x flight stabilizer, 2 backpack mounted, 2 shoulder mounted, 4 leg mounted; 4 x maneuvering flaps, built into armor
Performance: unknown, subsonic flight capabilities
Equipment and design features: Omni Feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment; transmobile linkup to Zed; 8 x hardpoint for mounting extra equipment; 4 x AM Particle reservoir, 2 built into shoulders, 2 built into legs; 1 x Multi-point defense barrier, online only during transformation; Ward system compatibility; 4 x Caliburn EX hardpoints; 1 x Modified Omnidriver Mk.8, built into left forearm
Fixed armaments: 1 x AMP beam lance/blaster/shield, mounted in left forearm, usage depends on configuration; 1 x AMP Beam Shield Emitter, mounted on right forearm; 2 x AMP Beam Saber, mounted in hip armor, handheld in use; 12 x AMP Field emitter, mounted on AM Particle reservoirs; 1 x "Erupting Burning Finger" AMP Plasma Emitter/Cannon, mounted in right forearm and hand
Optional fixed armaments: Caliburn EX (Module A docked in right forearm, allows use of Erupting Burning Finger; Module B docked in left forearm, allows high-level spell casting; Modules C and D docked on hip armor, allows manifestation and use of 2 x AMP Sword II w/ built in AMP Beam Pistol); 2 x automatic carbine, backpack mounted, swing over shoulders in use; 1 x AMP Grenade Launcher, backpack mounted, swings over right shoulder in use; 1 x AMP Beam Cannon, backpack mounted; swings over left shoulder in use; various others
Optional hand armaments: Various
A planned upgrade for the Mark VI, the Mark VII is still on the design board. Nick is planning to include an improved M-Drive Flight System, as well as modify the power requirements to allow the use of at least a few additional weapons while the Flight System is in use. The combo unit on the left forearm is to be replaced with a more rapid-firing blaster while the lance's length is increased slightly. The "Shining Finger" is also to be replaced with a version called "Erupting Burning Finger," which allows for the sphere of AMP Plasma to be fired as a cannon-like blast of energy. More importantly, Mark VII is fully compatible with Caliburn EX, and features slots for the four modules of Caliburn to be docked. Module A docks into the right forearm, and allows for the use of the Erupting Burning Finger's cannon mode. Module B is intended for spell-casting, and is designed to allow Nick full access to all of Caliburn's magic capabilities without sacrificing the use of his weapons systems. Module C and D are designed to act as the cores for the AMP Sword II's, which not only function as bladed weapons but will also have built-in AMP Beam Pistols, negating the need for an extra weapon. This design, however, is still on the planning table and is unlikely to be built for at least two years.

Roland Mark VIII
Model number: R-08A
Code name: Roland Mark VIII
Unit type: prototype anti-magic warfare powered armor
Armor materials: unknown, planned list: titanium super-ceramic composite, AMP Steel alloy, Sol-foam, and Lun-metal
Powerplant: unknown, planned list: 2 x Mark 4 TF Reactor; 1 x high-efficiency micro battery network built into armor; Ward system
Propulsion: unknown, planned list: 1 x M-Drive Wing System, 2 emitters on backpack, 10 x flight stabilizers, 2 backpack mounted, 4 shoulder mounted, 4 leg mounted
Equipment and design features: unknown, planned list: Omni Feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment; transmobile linkup to Zed; unknown x hardpoint for mounting extra equipment; unknown x AM Particle reservoir; 1 x Multi-point defense barrier, online only during transformation; Ward system compatibility; 4 x Caliburn EX hardpoints; 2 x Omnidriver Mk.8, built into forearms
Fixed armaments: unknown, planned list: 2 x AMP beam lance/blaster/shield combo units, mounted in forearms; 2 x AMP Beam Saber, mounted in hip armor, handheld in use; 12 x AMP Field emitter, mounted at various points; 2 x "Erupting Burning Finger" AMP Plasma Emitter/Cannon, mounted forearms and hands
Optional fixed armaments: unknown, planned list: Caliburn EX (Module A docked in right forearm, allows use of right Erupting Burning Finger; Module B docked in left forearm, allows use of left Erupting Burning Finger and high-level spell casting; Modules C and D docked on hip armor, allows manifestation and use of 2 x AMP Sword III w/ built in AMP Beam Carbine); 2 x automatic carbine, backpack mounted, swing over shoulders in use; 1 x AMP Grenade Launcher, backpack mounted, swings over right shoulder in use; 1 x AMP Beam Cannon, backpack mounted; swings over left shoulder in use; various others
Optional hand armaments: unknown
Given that the Mark VII is currently little more than a set of specifications and designs, the Mark VIII is little more than a handful of ideas written out in Nick's mind, though most of the details are set in stone: he just needs to figure out how he's going to fit all of it into a powered armor designed to fit a 3'9" Elf.

Roller
Model number: RLZ-1
Code name: Roller
Unit type: mass-production civilian-use powered armor
Operator: Pretty much anyone who can afford the steep price-tage
Dimensions: unknown, multiple sizes for various Races and Species
Weight: unknown (suggestions?), multiple sizes for various Races and Species
Armor materials: Titanium
Powerplant: External power supply; 6 x internal battery
Propulsion: 4 x rocket booster, mounted on legs; 2 x Landwheeler system, mounted on legs
Equipment and design features: feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment; 8 x hardpoint for mounting optional equipment; full-blown sensor and communications network
Fixed equipment: None
Optional fixed equipment: Various tools
Optional hand armaments: Various tools
The Roller unit was designed by Nick as a civilian model of the Roland Mark II. Though it is not as well-known as many of his other inventions, the Roller has gradually been gaining popularity to its ruggedness and ease of modification, though to this date Roller has only been sold to city and state and national governments to act in the fields of emergency rescue and crowd control, though Nick is currently considering a civilian construction model and a police model as well. The unit lacks many of the features of the Roland series, but makes up for it with incredible ruggedness and reliability, as well as a Landwheeler system Nick designed expressely for the unit that allows it to move at high speeds on the ground: the Landwheeler is basically a collapsing in-line skate. The units can mount a wide-variety of custom built equipment, most of which is designed by other companies to be compatible with the Roller. However, a few tweaks by Nick to both the programming and engineering designs of the unit means that it cannot be used for combat outside of physically picking up a weapon: this was to prevent military forces from using the units for combat. The units come in a variety of sizes to accommodate multiple Races and Species, and does not interfere with any magical powers or abilities of the wearer.

Rockon
Model number: RC-ND2
Code name: Rockon
Unit type: experimental mass-production combat avatar
Dimensions: unknown, multiple sizes for various Races and Species
Weight: unknown (suggestions?), multiple sizes for various Races and Species
Armor materials: titanium; super-ceramic composite
Powerplant: Unknown at this time
Propulsion: Unknown at this time
Equipment and design features: Omni Feedback control system; fully-sealed internal environment; Mobile communications link; 6 x hardpoint for mounting optional equipment
Fixed armaments: Unknown at this time
Optional fixed armaments: Unknown at this time
Optional hand armaments: Unknown at this time
A concept that Nick is working on, the Rockon is fundamentally a combination of the Roland's Mark VI and V, with a few features removed to allow for mass-production. However, Nick does intend to improve many of the systems up to the level of the Mark VI or Mark VII (depending on how long it takes to design and build the series), and he has already got a line of weapons designed for it that he never intended to be used with his Roland series. However, most of the information of this series is still in a constant state of flux, and it is unlikely that the first combat ready Rockon will be built in the next year or so. Unlike Roller, Nick currently has no intentions of selling Rockon to anyone, let alone the various military forces of Terra.

Voila. Holy hell on a stick, it's 12 pages when saved to my computer. I hope this satisfies most questions people have about the Roland series? Also, quick note: AMP Steel is steel that has been permanently infused with AM Particles: it's not as powerful as an AMP Beam weapons, but AMP Steel can still damage spells somewhat. Also, second quick note: the Rolands tend to be painted in orange and similar warning colors while being tested and built, though all units from the Mark IV onwards are given Nick's signature blue-and-silver paintjob once they're finished.

And yes, I cheated on the Rockon. Sorry about that. And yes, Ren, it is a reference to Lockon. Lockon. Lockon. Lockon. :cry

Okay. Questions, comments, advice, concerns, clarifications, ideas, anything at all?

Haiku time!

Good gods it is long.
I can not believe that I
Pulled it off. Wow. Damn.

EDIT: Fixed the stats a little bit, based on some feedback from Ren. Now, off to "fix" Rockon.

Ren Gaulen

HOLY MOTHER OF BAHAMUT!!!! I CAN SEE FOREVER!!! *screams uncontrollably, then collapses*

That's too much to comprehend. But I did it. Or not..

Quote from: Wall of textRoller
They see me rollin'... Sorry, it had to be said.

Quote from: Wall of textRockon
*salutes*

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 13, 2008, 09:44:21 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF BAHAMUT!!!! I CAN SEE FOREVER!!! *screams uncontrollably, then collapses*

That's too much to comprehend. But I did it. Or not..
Cool. Any questions or ideas? Especially for drawing these things out?

Quote from: Wall of textRoller
They see me rollin'... Sorry, it had to be said.
Bad boy. But you deserved making that crack, considering how long this thing is. Most, it's called Roller because of the folding inline skates.

Quote from: Wall of textRockon
*salutes*
I thought you'd like that.

As a minor trivia fact, I was trying to show the unit gradually moving away from physical weapons towards more advanced energy weapons. Aside from the fact that the Marks 0 through VI were all built in the span of about six years, does the progression look believable?

Incidentally, do you think I could get in trouble if Nick had a toy/robot series called ARO (Autonomous Robotic Operation) available to the open market, and Nick had a custom Helper-series ARO to help him out around the lab in addition to the shells? I did joking ask this question about Engineer Jairus, but it's just too good of an opportunity to pass up.

And yes, I know that the tense changes multiple times. Sorry about that.

techmaster-glitch

*reads*
Tech spec readouts FTW.

Very, very nice stuff here, Jay-man. Time notwithstanding, the actual technical progression was very smooth and realistic. I could actually imagine a genius techboy like Nick working on this project over time, making upgraded models incorporating new advances.

And it actually didn't take very long to read. It's the fact that it's actually divided into segments, which are further broken up into specifications, that make it seem long. Truly, this is a good example of an Anti-Wall-O-Text.

As for what the Rolands look like, I kept picturing the MechAssault 2 BattleArmor... :B

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 13, 2008, 11:24:46 PM
*reads*
Tech spec readouts FTW.
Cool.

Very, very nice stuff here, Jay-man. Time notwithstanding, the actual technical progression was very smooth and realistic. I could actually imagine a genius techboy like Nick working on this project over time, making upgraded models incorporating new advances.
And I think that part of the reason it works is because most of the really high-powered stuff is only added in when he has a permanent power system, and the fact that he's still correcting errors and mistakes and problems in the designs. And there are still problems that he's working out (like he can only use a few of his weapons while using the M-Drive), so I think that that sort of helps. And this is definitely a work-in-progress for Nick, something that he spends about a year or so tuning and working on each design before starting the process over. It's sort of a yearly upgrade for him. Also remember that Rockon and the Mark's VII and VIII are little more than sets of specifications and a handful of schematics: the Mark VII definitely won't be completed until AFTER Terra's story. Also, at the start of the story, Nick is only beginning to assemble the components of the Mark VI: the Mark V is the most advanced unit he has. Of course, he's also working on lots of other stuff, but to me Roland and Caliburn are basically the apex of Nick's tech: everything eventually gets shuffled into them.

Part of Nick's motivation is to never be useless to his friends. Not that they'd ever consider him useless, but when he was younger and only 10 and just starting to hang out with a group of people who were all about four or five years older than him (Ariel notwithstanding), so he's always sort of felt like a third wheel - or a fifth wheel - to his new friends. Caliburn was invented expressly to make up for his relative inability to do magic, and Roland was invented to make up for his physical weaknesses.

And it actually didn't take very long to read. It's the fact that it's actually divided into segments, which are further broken up into specifications, that make it seem long. Truly, this is a good example of an Anti-Wall-O-Text.
Wow. Really? Cool. Incidentally, any ideas for the stuff left to fill in? Weight, performance, height, that sort of stuff?

As for what the Rolands look like, I kept picturing the MechAssault 2 BattleArmor... :B
*goes and looks at what he thinks is the BattleArmor* Eh... kind of. Do recall that Nick is 3'9", so it can't be too bulky. It's part of the reason that weapons start migrating off. Originally, I was going to keep automatic pistols in both forearms throughout the whole thing, but I realized that with the rest of the stuff, it'd be too bulky, so I eventually decided to make them retractable and stick over his shoulders from his backpack.

EDIT: I don't know if I made it clear, but that barrier thing that gets mentioned in the equipment is an extremely powerful omnidirectional force field that gets thrown up when he transforms: the barrier is strong enough to take most attacks, but takes too much power to run while the armor is on: it's only working when the armor is On or Off. Basically, it's there to let Nick get a moment of utter badassness when someone tries to attack him while he's equipping one of his armors and the attack fails, and he gets to say "High-energy protective barrier while I'm transforming to prevent just such an occurence. It can take everything you throw at it and more. What do you think I am, an idiot?"

techmaster-glitch

This Daddy is a BattleArmor, if you didn't find the right image.

As for Weight, Performance, Height, can't come up with anything on that at the moment, sorry...

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 13, 2008, 11:53:53 PM
This Daddy is a BattleArmor, if you didn't find the right image.
Okay, that's not the thing I thought it was. Mark's I and II were probably like that, III and IV maybe. V and on not. Literally, the first time he shows up in the Mark VI someone's first thought is "A Knight? Here?" And then the face mask comes up and it's Nick kicking some demon's ass... Nick is scary when he finally gets some confidence. I'm half convinced there's a berserker hidden inside of him.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 13, 2008, 11:53:53 PM
As for Weight, Performance, Height, can't come up with anything on that at the moment, sorry...
No worries. Maybe it's not important.

Although I think that the Mark VIII will be capable of supersonic flight...

techmaster-glitch

So, from what I'm gathering, it starts out along the lines of BattleArmor, then evolves into something closer to Iron Man? Interesting, that's some darn good compression tech right there.

Out of interest, what image did you find that you thought was Battle Armor?

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 14, 2008, 12:05:53 AM
So, from what I'm gathering, it starts out along the lines of BattleArmor, then evolves into something closer to Iron Man? Interesting, that's some darn good compression tech right there.
Thanks. I believe that even if you have some crazy-advanced super tech, you should show a logical progression of design. Part of the reason I loved Iron Man and Batman Begins is because you saw the progression, you saw the heroes (and villain) designing their alter-ego, making mistakes and fixing them, finding out what worked and what didn't work, that sort of thing. In much the same way, basically everything of Nick's shows that same progression (think the Multidrivers and Omnidrivers and the Shells a few pages back... wow that was a while ago wasn't it?). I want it to be as believable as I can make it, and Nick as a character is smart enough to allow for the suspension of disbelief, which so far has been confirmed unless I'm sadly mistaken.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 14, 2008, 12:05:53 AM
Out of interest, what image did you find that you thought was Battle Armor?
Oh, I was flipping through Gamespot's collection of images and I saw something that looked about the right scale. For some reason it won't let me copy the URL, so I can't link to it. It had blue glowing power lines, and looked either human-sized or slightly larger.

Jairus

Jut a quick one before I retire for the evening: another song parody. Not much, but I thought that Pagan might like it. This is an adaptation of "Diva's Lament" from Spamalot, there sung by the Diva aka "The Lady of the Lake" and here sung by Regina.

Enjoy.

"Regina's Lament" or "Whatever Happened to My Part"

What ever happened to my part?
It was exciting at the start.
Now it's years since I've appeared,
And things just keeping on getting weird!

I've been a wallpaper far too long!
It's ages since I've been along!
This is one unhappy Demon.
The artist's plans going on.
There's no story that I can impart:
Whatever happened to my part?

I am sick of my appearance,
Put on hold by lowly chance,
Up to here, with frustation and with fears!
I've no comic, just wallpapers,
And a cameo ends in vapor,
O'ertaken by that Abel and his ears!

Whatever happened to my strip?
I was a hit, now I feel like I've been gypped!
I'm with a bunch of busty dames,
While the viewers play their voting games!

I might as well go to the Inn!
Since Abel's gone where I've ne'er been!
Out searching for that Peg'!
Well they'll not see me beg!
It seems to me they've really lost my plot!

Whatever happened to my...
I'll kill that Fluffly, dammit!
Whatever happened to my...
Not yours!
Not yours!
But my,
Part!

Okay, tomorrow a real parody (maybe) rather than a half-assed one. I'm thinking "Be Prepared" as a Doctor Jyrras/Janus Bond piece, perhaps?

This is the second Monty Python-related parody I've done. Might as well do a third...

I presume that anyone who has questions/ideas/recomendations for Roland will voice them.

This hand of mine burns
With power. It's loud cry tells
Me to defeat you!

Jairus

Okay, I lied. A really quick one, and then it's bedtime! And it's a third Monty Python parody! If you don't know this song, what the heck is wrong with you?

And it's better if you say "Daniel" as "Danyel" with only two syllables.

"Brave Sir Daniel"

Mab
Bravely bold Sir Daniel, went forth from Lost Lake Inn.
He was not afraid to die,
O brave Sir Daniel!
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Daniel!

He was not in the least bit scared to meet with old Dark Peg',
Or to have his soul removed, and his elbows broken!
To have his ankles sprained or a dress be put on him,
And his friends all hack and mangled, brave Sir Daniel!

His head smashed up and his body in pain
And his heart removed and his limbs chopped off
And his friends tied up and then all burned up
And his blood then spilled...

Daniel
That's... that's... er... enough music for now, Mab.

... later ...

Mab
Brave Sir Daniel ran away.

Daniel
No!

Mab
Bravely ran away away.

Daniel
I didn't!

Mab
When Dark Peg' reared his ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.

Daniel
No!

Mab
Yes, brave Sir Daniel turned about.

Daniel
I didn't!

Mab
And gallantly he chickened out.

Daniel
I never did!

Mab
Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat.

Daniel
All lies!

Mab
Bravest of the brave, Sir Daniel!

Daniel
I never!

Only Mab is weird enough to be Robin's Daniel's minstrel.

EDIT: Fixed a few words, as per some recommendations of VSMIT's over in the Ban Game.

VSMIT

Oooof.  Need brain bleach.  Now.  In a couple of places it felt clunky (especially when I sang it to myself to see if it worked).  But other than that, creative.

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on September 14, 2008, 03:40:15 AM
Oooof.  Need brain bleach.  Now.  In a couple of places it felt clunky (especially when I sang it to myself to see if it worked).  But other than that, creative.
Yeah, I know, I really do: I sing this stuff to myself to, and the meter bugs me. A lot. But I couldn't figure out how to fix it. Sorry.

As for the brain bleach... how about some Gurren Lagann? Oh, no, that just purges evil. I can't help with brain bleach.

EDIT:
I saw something wrong.
My mind is horribly scarred.
Brain bleach. Brain bleach, now!

Kipiru

Just read about the term "energia" and thought i could share a fun fact. I'm Bulgarian and we have a word that is written and pronounced the same as your " Energia", only in Cyrillic. And it means energy  :) it's probably derived from the same Greek ancestry.

Ren Gaulen

Two more great song parodies - especially the "Brave Sir Daniel". This one really cracked me up (or, if you wish, gave me the Lulz).

Jairus

Quote from: Kipiru on September 14, 2008, 08:28:21 AM
Just read about the term "energia" and thought i could share a fun fact. I'm Bulgarian and we have a word that is written and pronounced the same as your " Energia", only in Cyrillic. And it means energy  :) it's probably derived from the same Greek ancestry.
*nods* Yep. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Apparently, we have no real translation of the original "concept" of Energeia because it's changed so much since then. Anyway, the Greek term seemed appropriate as a Western-styled term for "chi," and that witches would be the ones controlling their energy in that fashion. Witches in my setting are basically a combination of psychics, martial artists, fantasy martial artists, and Benders from Avatar. Of course, normal mages (wizards/sorcerers/warlocks) come across as all of that to, but their way of doing it is a little trickier.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 14, 2008, 08:34:23 AM
Two more great song parodies - especially the "Brave Sir Daniel". This one really cracked me up (or, if you wish, gave me the Lulz).
Originally it was going to be "Bravely Bold Sir Abel rode forth from SAIA's halls" and then it went through a modified list of the things he wasn't afraid of, only for him to pop up at the end "You know that I'm hemophobic, right?" And then we went into part 2...

... but I realized it wasn't as funny as a bunch of joking references to Dan's adventures against DP. No idea what I'll do next, but I definitely want to do a few specifications... maybe a handful of ships from Belenus. And the powered armor of that setting. :D