Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I need to know what's happening with Anton, because Cross isn't going to carry him through the junkyard.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

I also let my charge Dani at the front of the junkyard to go exploring and check on a few things. I'm assuming that the blond feline will take care of him since that that's the gm said i jut hope I'm not surprised while healing broken bones and skin
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Well, I saw him give him a healing potion is what I meant, E. I don't think Tez will be carrying him, though, if that's necessary...

e_voyager

nods . if i remember correctly i laid the bear down outside the junk yard propped up by some kind of support. with someone else to tend to him Epyon was ready to leave and find out if there was anything or anyone useful to him in this place and if he has to fight he doesn't want to be caught flat footed like he was with the music and the rail gun.

i figure it'll take a full half hour to an hour to go over and fix my body. there would be cracked if not fully broken pone and damaged organs that need tending to. i may not need them function to exist but i can't just let myself decay my body is one of the few things i have left now that i don't even have my health.

oh and on a side note Dani was starting to wake form the healing sleep i put him in meaning that his blood supply must be near normal but it would have taken the minerals it needs form other parts of his body starting fist with the last meal he ate then moving to his unnecessary organs and bones and so forth.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 25, 2008, 02:26:23 PM
"warrior for hire" doesn't sound like he's selling his sword to me.

... unless you mean a nudge, nudge, wink, wink sort of sword. I wasn't going to go there, though - that's not one of Witt's kinks, if you take my meaning...

Why yes, that is a sword in my pocket, but it doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you. >:]

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 25, 2008, 07:27:40 PM
Well, I saw him give him a healing potion is what I meant, E. I don't think Tez will be carrying him, though, if that's necessary...

Actually, Edge hadn't given the potion to anyone at that point, but Dani is the only one who really needs it. I'll leave the effects and strength of the potion up to lucas. The purpose of the healing potion was more to demonstrate that Edge is a well-prepared boy scout than to provide plot-convenient healing. :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Okay, who's read Perdido Street Station?  I'm wondering about Techmaster in particular...

e_voyager

Quote from: Tezkat on January 26, 2008, 12:52:15 AM

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 25, 2008, 07:27:40 PM

Actually, Edge hadn't given the potion to anyone at that point, but Dani is the only one who really needs it. I'll leave the effects and strength of the potion up to lucas. The purpose of the healing potion was more to demonstrate that Edge is a well-prepared boy scout than to provide plot-convenient healing. :3

well i'd planned to get him healed once we stopped anyway i was very strict and limited in what i did as i'm sure that important magic  like healing can require care when casting and that in sever cases they don't just make everything well it's more like surgery then sudden recovery.

Sunblink

Since Cog posted up the Harpist's profile a while back, I decided to tack up Izria's for the curious minds. The profiles of NPCs, villains, and side-characters are being recorded and linked to in the front page because I was bored and I decided to do something nifty with it. :B

Name: Izria Arcanthodyne
Nickname(s): Izzy, Izza, Queen Bee Bitch
Race: Insectis
Species: Asian Giant Hornet (Vespa mandarinia)
Family: Immediate family members' identities unknown
Affiliations and/or Associations: Husband (Zelaphos Kamei'Sin – deceased), Charge and "Pupil" (Katherine "Keaton" Jyraneth). An officer and enforcer in the main vein of the infamous Sabanethei Family

Height: 7'0"
Weight: 325 lbs (mostly of chitin and armor)
Build: Uneven and jagged due to chitinous exoskeleton, with long, sinewy limbs and a heavily armored frame
Eyes: Large, slit-shaped, and compound; an eerie black with a slight copper sheen. Possesses a small cluster of ocelli in the center of her forehead, just between her compound eyes
Hair: None
Fur Coloration: Has no fur, as her pelt consists of a leathery, at times stone-hard chitin exoskeleton. Like most hornets' traditional coloration, Izria's base skin color is a vibrant yellow, slightly rusted in hue around her joints, and corrupted visibly with spider-streaks of webbed black and copper
Description: Gargantuan in figure, with oddly disproportionate, heavily plated limbs. Greatly sinewy beneath her chitinous exoskeleton, she would almost appear to be unnaturally compact if it weren't for the presence of that bulky armor. Her forearms and forelegs are arguably the most bulky and uneven part of her body, tapering from her joints down to immense, hooked claws. While Izria has no hair to speak of, her antennae suffice as some form of ornamentation to her scalp, their plated lengths sloping all the way down to her waist. Generally, Izria's appearance is reminiscent of a wasp, as she possesses the bulbous stinger and strikingly obvious coloration, as well as other structural similarities. Her wings are very large and oddly gossamer, coating her back like a cape when dormant, but reaching a wingspan of ten feet when spread.

Serrated tracks of weaving markings run like oil from the corners of Izria's eyes, which are thickly underlined with black markings. Bizarrely, this feature almost makes Izria appear as though she is crying, or if the chitin surrounding her eyes was cracked and dented. The rest of her body is festooned in a similar fashion.

History: Nobody really knows. Izria was quite possibly born and raised, initially, underground, as the chthonic Insectis traditionally do, but somehow she ended up on the surface and within the Sabnethei Family. Through bullying, pushing, shoving, and generally storming her way to the top, Izria has become an officer and enforcer among the Sabanethei Family's ranks, and is generally called upon for the purpose of antagonizing those who are overdue with their tributes, or for acting as a bodyguard or muscle.

Her most notable assignment is her task of overseeing the training of a certain Jyraneth Clan Succubus, Keaton, something which she was ordered to do despite Keaton being responsible for the death of her lover, Zelaphos Kamei'Sin. Ironically, it was this action which had garnered Kytharion's attention in the first place, as he was fascinated with the outcome of that encounter. Deciding that Izria's hatred would be the perfect weapon to chisel down Keaton's free will, he designated Izria to Keaton, much to both individuals' chagrin.

Izria's teaching methods are brutal and ruthless, but surprisingly effective, if only because she utterly stripped Keaton of her humanity. She is now one of many people who Keaton is dead-set on murdering, but despite Keaton's conviction, Izria still strikes fear and agony into her heart. Kytharion seems to know this, and it is for that reason he has assigned Izria to search for Keaton, along with the Harpist.

Personality: Total heartless bitch. Izria is constantly under the impression that everything can be solved through brute force and breaking, a philosophy she's adopted for handling unruly people as well. Short-tempered and sharp-tongued, she is a vicious and hurtful individual, both physically and verbally, who, once enraged, will stop at nothing to even minimally hurt someone even if they've wronged her over the most trivial of issues. Almost every emotion of Izria's is dangerous - even people seem to regard her happiness as worrisome, as she's normally never happy without pushing someone weaker and smaller into the dirt. She thrives off of misery and bullying, and adores the thrill of menacing the defenseless, but when encountered with someone who is genuinely stronger than her she either resorts to petty insults, restrains herself, or relentlessly attempts to appeal to this stronger individual.

Izria has no regrets with challenging the most difficult of assignments, even if they involve irreparably destroying another person's life. Even more, she's perfectly unperturbed by brutalizing and even murdering others. Self-centered, Izria is highly greedy and apathetic to the needs and concerns of other people, almost as though she's utterly devoid of sympathy. It's for this reason that she's considered one of the best "enforcers" in Kytharion's personal selection of subordinates, since she is never swayed by sympathy.

It is quite possible that Izria is not bereft of her softer sides, as she was married in the past, and was aggrieved by the death of her husband. The nature of her relationship with Zelaphos is mostly unknown, however, and was likely as tumultuous as the two who founded the matrimony in the first place. Almost nobody is aware of these elusive beneficent characteristics since Izria's friends are few and far-between, even less those she actually confides in. To one on sidelines, Izria's barbaric behavior is normally more than enough to deter someone from trying to approach her, regardless of curiosity.

Combat Abilities: Slight air manipulation; extensive Earth magic; sound manipulation; brute strength; durability

Weapons: Her fists, her wings (more information in Strengths).

Strengths: Most unconventionally, Izria's wings actually serve as a sort of weapon for her, as a great deal of her magic is centered on their momentum and cooperation. Whether or not Izria can actually fly with them is debatable, but she is capable of unfolding them and flapping them at near imperceptible speeds. From her wings' movement she can access numerous aspects of her magical range – sounds and air in particular. An earsplitting buzzing noise is created from the breakneck momentum of her wings, which she can amplify and distort in order to disorient and stun her nearby adversaries. Izria's air magic then becomes apparent afterwards – she can manipulate the active air surrounding her wings into various different methods, from pummeling blows to slicing blades. Normally, she uses this method to stir the earth around her or slice up the rock so it is more easily manipulated, but can just as easily attack someone using the air alone.

Earth, on the other hand, is Izria's foremost weapon. She relies on stone and rigid earth, not grass and plants, and uses rock in a variety of ways, as long as it is loose and can easily be manipulated. On the other hand, Izria loves pulverizing her enemies with her fists alone, and when she confidently feels that she can assault a foe unarmed, has no qualms with charging in and beating them silly. Size and brute strength kept into account, one full-fledged punch from Izria is normally enough to send an ordinary person flying. Her exoskeleton is also very durable, and maybe enough to defend her from projectiles such as bullets, depending on the strength of the gun that fires them. The defenses can either make a bullet ricochet off of Izria's hide, or decelerate its entry into her bare skin.

Weaknesses: Izria is not flexible, nor is she exceedingly fast. Unbalanced and heavy in build as she is due to her weighty exoskeleton, Izria can easily lose her balance when disoriented, and falls like a ton of bricks when she inevitably does. Getting up is an extremely difficult task for her, so she is most vulnerable when her defenses are stripped away and she's knocked to the ground, since recuperating and restoring her composure is a tedious process. Izria can easily be outmaneuvered and evaded, and exhausts herself easily when she flies into a rage and no longer calculates her moves. Unfortunately for her, this happens a lot.

Being very brusque, Izria isn't the most diplomatic sort, either, and isn't often relied on to do any convincing, unless it involves force. This creates friction between Izria and her cohorts, as very few people actually bother to interact with her. Considering her size and how noisy she is, she is also not recommended for assignments that require a lot of subterfuge and subtlety. Her wings' ability to produce distorting wind, sound, and air manipulation are most effective when Izria does a fair amount of preparation beforehand, and that is normally when her wings are moving at their fastest and making the most noise. Since her wings are her primary magical "weapon," if they are disabled she will lose a great deal of her strength, and be forced to resort to her less versatile physical abilities. Without her wings to loosen the stone, drawing the stone up through mental and physical suggestion alone is extremely difficult.

Trivia:
-   Izria's theme song, in both her dystopian and normal incarnations, is "Slutgarden," by Marilyn Manson.
-   Despite the size of Izria's wings, nobody has ever seen her fly with them. It is unknown if she actually can, considering her immense size and weight. She can, however, propel herself forward and accelerate her movements amidst a charge by keeping her wings moving, and elongate her jumps.
-   Izria's fingers are rather oddly-structured, so she compensates for their large size and bizarre lengths by having extremely acute, bladed tips.
-   As far as Insectis go, Izria is rather old. This is probably because of artificial life extension as a reward for her continued service to the Sabanethei Family, or because she hasn't experienced the same living conditions as the Insectis underground.
-   Izria is indeed capable of stinging people with her stinger. It is unknown if her venom has the same properties as the Asian Giant Hornet's since she very rarely uses her stinger.
-   Izria's last name is derived from the word Acanthodynerus, which is a genus of potter wasp.

Quote: "I'm not sure I like that attitude of yours, little-boy-bitch..."

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2008, 06:41:46 AM
Okay, who's read Perdido Street Station?  I'm wondering about Techmaster in particular...
Um...what the heck is that?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 26, 2008, 12:40:39 PM

Isaac's mouth dropped slowly open.  "Sweet Jabber protect us," he whispered.
The wall of rubbish was moving.  It was sitting up.  The bedsprings and old windows, the girders and steam engines from ancient locomotives, the air-pumps and fans, the pulleys and belts and shattered powerlooms were falling like an optical illusion into an alternative configuration.
He had been staring at it for ages but only now that it slowly, ponderously, impossibly moved, did Isaac see it.
That was the upper arm, the knot of guttering; that broken child's buggy and the enormous inverted wheelbarrow were feet; that little inverted triangle of roof-beams was the hip bone; the enormous chemical drum was a thigh and the ceramic cylinder a calf...
The rubbish was a body.  A vast skeleton of industrial waste, twenty-five feet from toe to skull.

--The meeting with the Construct Council, Chapter 38, Perdido Street Station by China Mieville

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on January 26, 2008, 12:52:15 AM
Why yes, that is a sword in my pocket, but it doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you. >:]

*snerk* Glad it was taken in the spirit it was offered, at least. *grin*

Now, I'm sorry Witt didn't wait around for the response. Otherwise I'd have had him grin back, happily. Anyone who can take repartee like that and respond is worth smiling at - they'll be someone to chat to on the cold nights while we're passing the time in the wilderness somewhere, running like hell from Izzy and company... ;-]

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2008, 12:54:11 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 26, 2008, 12:40:39 PM

Isaac's mouth dropped slowly open.  "Sweet Jabber protect us," he whispered.
The wall of rubbish was moving.  It was sitting up.  The bedsprings and old windows, the girders and steam engines from ancient locomotives, the air-pumps and fans, the pulleys and belts and shattered powerlooms were falling like an optical illusion into an alternative configuration.
He had been staring at it for ages but only now that it slowly, ponderously, impossibly moved, did Isaac see it.
That was the upper arm, the knot of guttering; that broken child's buggy and the enormous inverted wheelbarrow were feet; that little inverted triangle of roof-beams was the hip bone; the enormous chemical drum was a thigh and the ceramic cylinder a calf...
The rubbish was a body.  A vast skeleton of industrial waste, twenty-five feet from toe to skull.

--The meeting with the Construct Council, Chapter 38, Perdido Street Station by China Mieville

...I have got to read that.

techmaster-glitch

Hey, I got a question. Would it be too much to assume that the entire party is (at least starting to) cautiously making their way through The Junkyard, without people explicitly stating it individually in their own posts?

bill

Another question. I don't want to link back up just yet, but I still want to be in the 'yard. Is it safe to assume that there's more than one entrance to the junkyard?

techmaster-glitch

If you're aren't with the group Bill, you are probably going to miss everything entirely. What's worse is that since you are one of the few characters with any sort of firearm, even if it's just a rifle and pea-shooter, the group's gonna be hurtin' without you. Because of the complete and total lack of any character with any heavy weaponry or explosives whatsoever in the entire group, every little pop-gun is going to count.

Same goes even more so for you, Boogey. They are going to need that giant battleaxe of yours.

bill

How long are you planning to draw this out? I was planning to arrive soon.

techmaster-glitch

That actually partially depends on the question I asked. It actually normally wouldn't take long for the encounter to actually happen, but if I'd have to wait for everyone to make a post after each action, it might take a little longer than planned. If I don't, I can intersperse my posts with actions leading up to the encounter in opportune places. As for the actual battle, I honestly have no idea how long it's going to take, or how it will play out. That will actually mostly depend on everyone else.

Just move fast, and you probably will get there in time. If your charcater is a local, he should know that trouble surrounds The Junkyard, even if he doesn't know what exactly. That should give him reason to hustle.

Tezkat

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 26, 2008, 05:07:22 PM
Hey, I got a question. Would it be too much to assume that the entire party is (at least starting to) cautiously making their way through The Junkyard, without people explicitly stating it individually in their own posts?

That's probably not a safe assumption to make just yet. One of us is currently outside the gates and unable to move under his own power. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tezkat on January 26, 2008, 07:15:02 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 26, 2008, 05:07:22 PM

That's probably not a safe assumption to make just yet. One of us is currently outside the gates and unable to move under his own power. :animesweat

I didn't necessarily mean right this moment, but thanks for the memo. I'll be sure to wait.

Cogidubnus

Yeah, not all the party members are in the Junkyard yet. Those who are, are barely but a little ways in. So, that's the answer to that.

As far as there being multiple entrances, well, sort of. There are two - one where the fence breaks down over near the other side, and the gate we just entered. Although that spot of fence is actually sort of walled-off itself...
So, not really. Unless he has some bolt cutters with him to make his own entrance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

OTOH, you can always sneak up to the door and give Dani a hand. ;-]

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 26, 2008, 08:15:46 PM
Yeah, not all the party members are in the Junkyard yet. Those who are, are barely but a little ways in. So, that's the answer to that.
Ok.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 26, 2008, 08:15:46 PM
So, not really. Unless he has some bolt cutters with him to make his own entrance.
Which, by the way Bill, the so-called Junkman will most certainly not like >:3 I actually think I'm going to borrow a philosophy from Ryudo Lee; a character striking out alone is almost literally asking for a death sentance (I almost learned that the hard way).

So, Bill, don't get caught in The Junkyard alone. And nothing larger than a mouse can enter The Junkyard without getting caught. And the mouse dies of industrial toxic poinsoning >:3

bill

Navarro is pretty good at not getting noticed tbh  :U

techmaster-glitch

I assume that's because he hides behind things. In The Junkyard, the only things to hide behind are junk.

What's he gonna do if all the junk is staring at him? D:

e_voyager

wish i'd been able to read that about that post or two days ago when i said that i was going off on my own climbing the junk pile to fix my body.  i have my pole and my magic sai's to help me , i'm in view of the party now and don't think that you've seen all my pole can do either even if i can't use all of it's abilities its still hard long and can get ever longer then standard fighting length i one use it that way as it's impractical. it';s mettle so it may draw lighting. sure the pole would survive the strike as it can channel the power of the lighting bolt . a mage could probably use it to amplify certain magic. i'm not very skilled in magic other then  healing as i've said before. but this pole has saved my life again many things. not bats however..

techmaster-glitch

Alright...I know one or two other people haven't posted, but once Keat and Cog make theirs, I'll be able to continue the next action.

e_voyager

and i'll know if i need to fight or make a flying leap. got ya.

techmaster-glitch

Actually, no one's really in trouble yet, but you will want to get off that junkpile ASAP. Who knows what's lurking in it :mwaha

e_voyager

which means 1/2 second too late right?