2014/04/7 [Matilda #57] Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Started by MT Hazard, April 07, 2014, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

I imagine Matilda has her reasons for lying, it might be possible that the current story was suggested by someone else in order to make her seem more sympathetic. Personally I think the original story would have been better to tell, even with the part about hacking her dead brothers arm off.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

HoneyBadger

Well, if I remember correctly, Matilda probably stretched the truth in order to keep her tribe's reputation up as a fierce tribe and to not make it sound like they were weak.

Brunhidden

Dan keeps making me want to hit the gym out of self image problems because of his man-hotness

surprised a comment wasn't him surprised she was wearing a shirt
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tuyu

So, this story is appears to have taken place the night of their date.

But what Matilda said in the voiceover (from the video) didn't match the pictures we saw...

I guess...she told Dan the truth (the pictures), and then showed him the video so he would know what she's been telling everyone else?

joshofspam

Quote from: Tuyu on April 07, 2014, 12:22:53 PM

But what Matilda said in the voiceover (from the video) didn't match the pictures we saw...

I guess...she told Dan the truth (the pictures), and then showed him the video so he would know what she's been telling everyone else?
That certainly makes sense. If there was one person she was going to tell the truth to, it would probably be Dan.

It's also sort of interesting to me to take notice of how Matilda is sitting next to Dan. Sitting arrangements with a biped and a tuar are always interesting to take the time to notice.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tuyu

A winged biped and a taur with a sepentine tail...

...and yet Dan mistook the couch for a bed. :D

Yarott

Quote from: Tuyu on April 07, 2014, 01:56:43 PM

Indeed! I don't think I've seen how the bed looks, though. That should be addressed in this story line before it's over, for I find Taur furniture fascinating.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Yarott on April 08, 2014, 01:25:06 PM

Indeed! I don't think I've seen how the bed looks, though. That should be addressed in this story line before it's over, for I find Taur furniture fascinating.

I bet that sucker could accommodate two or three Clydesdales...

Grey Wolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 08, 2014, 02:34:33 PM
Quote from: Yarott on April 08, 2014, 01:25:06 PM

I bet that sucker could accommodate two or three Clydesdales...

Well, duh! Where else could the taur child snuggle between their parents after a bad dream if the furniture wasn't so? :<
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tuyu on April 07, 2014, 12:22:53 PM

Dan is a thought-reading, shape-shifting Cubi at this point, after all. How hard do you think he'd have to pry for that imagery even if she was less than honest?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on April 08, 2014, 08:49:36 PM
Dan is a thought-reading, shape-shifting Cubi at this point, after all. How hard do you think he'd have to pry for that imagery even if she was less than honest?

... because the best way to build trust in a relationship is to read the mind of your partner, invading their privacy and all. Mmhmm.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Also Matilda is immune to charm magic and effects.

Perhaps that also extends to mind reading/ thought hearing.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Hariman

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 07, 2014, 11:15:28 AM
Dan keeps making me want to hit the gym out of self image problems because of his man-hotness

surprised a comment wasn't him surprised she was wearing a shirt

It was probably easier to get Matilda into a shirt than trying to get Dark Pegasus into a shirt. Plus, there's the issue of "You look indecent to our culture. And yes, I will explain what "Indecent" means." or maybe they took a different tack in getting Matilda into a shirt.

You never know. Unless Ambaaaargh decides to elaborate at some point as a random joke. Maybe if Dark Pegasus and Matilda ever meet.

Oh, also, on a non comic related note:

I don't think the gym is as good for losing weight as simply getting out and doing something. I've lost at least 45 pounds just by walking to work. (3 miles each way, for 6 miles total each work day.) My girlfriend uses separate Yoga and NIA Fitness programs to lose weight, and both of us changed our diet to remove grains/carbs.

But, the biggest thing is to actually exercise, eat better, and not stopping because there are some aches and pains of building new muscle/resting for a day or two each week so you don't work yourself into the ground.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Brunhidden

Quote from: Hariman on April 09, 2014, 11:34:36 AM
I don't think the gym is as good for losing weight as simply getting out and doing something. I've lost at least 45 pounds just by walking to work. (3 miles each way, for 6 miles total each work day.) My girlfriend uses separate Yoga and NIA Fitness programs to lose weight, and both of us changed our diet to remove grains/carbs.

But, the biggest thing is to actually exercise, eat better, and not stopping because there are some aches and pains of building new muscle/resting for a day or two each week so you don't work yourself into the ground.

i actually -DO- already go to the gym twice a week, and bike to work when it makes sense despite the city i live in being riddled with roads of over 30degree inclines, and now that its thawing finally i typically try to attend a belegarth swordfighting group (my daughters come too, theres a youtube of us) saturdays- sword practice is surprisingly awesome exercise, brad pitt stated most of his hotness in the movie troy was due to him having to practice sword, causing absolutely ripped upper body the fun way

still, ya know, the phrase 'hit the gym' is a lot quicker way to convey 'dan makes me feel inadequate about my already low self image despite making an effort', but really he has that effect, like the guy who plays thor in the movies he just has a way to show you how much potential people who aren't you have.

if he embraces this whole shirtless thing perhaps alexi should just advertize that he will be hanging around the bar and start a line of ladies fruity drinks, milking profits from hypnotic cubi torso.... like some kind of reverse maid cafe
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

HoneyBadger

Also, if Dan read her mind, do you think he saw that Matilda's brother killed himself with a crystal?

Kibin

Dan at this point and throughout the comic has been very hesitant to use mind reading abilities at all, aside from accidental mind reading. And nothing more than emotions and surface thoughts so far, neither of which has been particularly useful.

Two people I recall that he's been mind reading on: Regina and Biggs, neither of which he has much fondness for. And the Biggs one backfired spectacularly.

Gavinfoxx

I'm confused...

could someone tell me what the two separate narratives are? What was said and what was shown? I am having trouble gleaning two different narratives...

Hariman

Quote from: Gavinfoxx on April 13, 2014, 12:24:05 AM
I'm confused...

could someone tell me what the two separate narratives are? What was said and what was shown? I am having trouble gleaning two different narratives...

The lie told to Jannelle is that Matilda fought her brother to be proven male.

The truth is that Matilda's brother committed suicide, and Matilda chopped his arm off and lied about his death.

There are other details here and there, but that's the core of the differences.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!