Insert Meta-Aware Greeting Phrase Here

Started by A Madman Person Guy, February 12, 2014, 02:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Madman Person Guy

Voila!

Long-time fan of the comic, bored and restless and with some time to spare to work. So I decided to sign up for the forums, seeing as you people seem to have a friendly vibe going.

Who am I? Well, I won the Bronze in the national "Most Nondescript Man" competition last year. Which technically put me in fifth; the top two contestants were there somewhere, but no one could remember who they were. But I like to think of myself as a thinker (until I get stuck on the recursion and have to lay down for a while), which sometimes seems to make up for this lacking. I'm an avid writer and "word wizard" (which I always try to pretend makes up for my lack of technical skills), I read a lot of psychology and modern philosophy, and I'm a bit of an RP:er. So I'm hoping I've come to the right place.
A man should be cultured, erudite, and brutal. He should be decisive and incisive, polite and unforgetting. On the surface, he should be as hard and inflexible as water. And underneath, as soft and forgiving as a crowbar.

Tapewolf

Any comic in particular?  There are several with forums here :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

He's practicing his nondescriptiveness with the comic definition. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

A Madman Person Guy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2014, 04:44:40 PM

I am comically nondescriptive, yes. If someone else can laugh about it, at least we have some winners.

Alright, fair enough. Let's just say I'm a fan of Amber Williams, and most of all the way her art style has progressed. Wait, not all the way, but most of all the way? Eh...

I like DMFA. There; straight to the point.
A man should be cultured, erudite, and brutal. He should be decisive and incisive, polite and unforgetting. On the surface, he should be as hard and inflexible as water. And underneath, as soft and forgiving as a crowbar.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: A Madman Person Guy on February 12, 2014, 06:01:40 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2014, 04:44:40 PM

I am comically nondescriptive, yes. If someone else can laugh about it, at least we have some winners.

Does it count if I'm laughing at you, rather than with you?

A Madman Person Guy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
Does it count if I'm laughing at you, rather than with you?

Usually I'd be hesitant to say yes, but seeing as you appear to be a mod, and your name is an anagram for "Anal ardor! Clench!"... Better to keep you happy, I think.

Edit: Damn. I left out one "n". Will you settle for "Clan Acorn Handler"?

What the hell does it mean anyway? I'm assuming it's Gaelic for something, but I don't have the faintest clue where to begin with that language.

Tapewolf

Anyway, welcome aboard, hope you like it here.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: A Madman Person Guy on February 12, 2014, 06:53:14 PM
Usually I'd be hesitant to say yes, but seeing as you appear to be a mod, and your name is an anagram for "Anal ardor! Clench!"... Better to keep you happy, I think.

Edit: Damn. I left out one "n". Will you settle for "Clan Acorn Handler"?

I'm not sure which clan you're expecting me to work for. I'm pretty sure James StarRunner handles his own acorns.

... Or he gets Jana to handle them for him, if she's inclined. ;-]

Quote from: A Madman Person Guy on February 12, 2014, 06:53:14 PM
What the hell does it mean anyway? I'm assuming it's Gaelic for something, but I don't have the faintest clue where to begin with that language.

It's not Gaelic. It's a horribly bad pun from, oh, about 20 years ago now. ll as in belly, ear as in earn, and ch as in psycho. And the rest of it? Well, once you get that bit, n'n'daCorna just follows as it sounds.

... let me hear the groan when the penny drops. ;-]

Sprocketsdance

I know it's sad but it was Darkmoon and Damaris who had to explain it to me. Yeah, not my proudest moment ;)

Oh, and welcome ^_^

A Madman Person Guy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2014, 09:16:25 PM

I'll try and make it as onomatopoetic as I can...

/inhalation

Hhhnuuuuhhhmneurgh...

ZacAttac21

Mao

I don't, but I'm hard to please.  Welcome to the forums!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao on February 18, 2014, 03:50:58 PM
I don't, but I'm hard to please.  Welcome to the forums!

I'm so sorry, I'll go immolate myself immediately.

Mao

Woo!  I'll go get the marshmallows and we can have s'mores!

A Madman Person Guy

Quote from: Mao on February 18, 2014, 10:00:32 PM

You know, you can't roast marshmallows off a burning corpus. They catch all sorts of hell from the fumes and end up tasting like crap. Sour bacon or something.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: A Madman Person Guy on February 19, 2014, 06:32:40 PM
Quote from: Mao on February 18, 2014, 10:00:32 PM

You know, you can't roast marshmallows off a burning corpus. They catch all sorts of hell from the fumes and end up tasting like crap. Sour bacon or something.

Bacon flavoured marshmallows. People pay good money for that, you know.

A Madman Person Guy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 19, 2014, 07:32:31 PM
Bacon flavoured marshmallows. People pay good money for that, you know.

There's no accounting for taste. Me, I'd rather just bring home the bacon. Which is perhaps easier for me than some; inoffensive as I try to be, I have been called a swine.

ZacAttac21

It's not Gaelic. It's a horribly bad pun from, oh, about 20 years ago now. ll as in belly, ear as in earn, and ch as in psycho. And the rest of it? Well, once you get that bit, n'n'daCorna just follows as it sounds.

Don't know why I didn't say this before, but for the first few months I was on these forums I thought it was "Lurchin' in da Corna'."

Brunhidden

dyslexia can really make things a bit more fun till someone spoils it by clarifying
on the other hand its also a matter of 'has anyone ever spoken this name out loud'

.... yeah, i had that one myself

and if you are that hard-up for bacon, try bacon salt or bacon mayonnaise as toppings to whatever your bacon hankering happens to interrupt
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 24, 2014, 02:17:49 AM
dyslexia can really make things a bit more fun till someone spoils it by clarifying

"Lysdexian's, Untie!"

A Madman Person Guy

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 24, 2014, 02:17:49 AM
and if you are that hard-up for bacon, try bacon salt or bacon mayonnaise as toppings to whatever your bacon hankering happens to interrupt

Bacon, oven-grilled in garlic oil, wrapped in fried bacon with hickory sauce and bacon, with a bacon, tomato and cream cheese salad. And a side of crispy fried bacon.

Brunhidden

served in a bacon bowl or in a bacon weave?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Welcome to these here forums, Madman Bloke Guy Person Thing and I do hope that you enjoy your stay! :D

XD XD XD    I always knew it was 'lurk', but never really bothered with the rest before. (Mind, not sure I ever really bothered to notice that second 'r' before, either. Mostly my brain simply states, "ah yes... the misnomer'd-box" and moves along.)

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 10, 2014, 04:52:40 AM
served in a bacon bowl or in a bacon weave?
Remember Brun,  order the baconbowl-maker now and get the cookbook, "full of bacon-riffic ideas!"

[Edited because I'm silly.]
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 16, 2014, 09:54:54 AM
XD XD XD    I always knew it was 'lurk', but never really bothered with the rest before. (Mind, not sure I ever really bothered to notice that second 'r' before, either. Mostly my brain simply states, "ah yes... the misnomer'd-box" and moves along.)

Awww, I feel all shunned, now. ;-]

(no, not really.)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 16, 2014, 10:29:57 AM
Awww, I feel all shunned, now. ;-]

(no, not really.)

(Obviously I'm not trying hard enough.)
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread