05/01/2013 [CVRPG IV #1953] - The Reaper Calls For You

Started by Destina Faroda, April 24, 2013, 12:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Normally, CVRPG is funny, so I don't usually post and say that it is funny, since the quality is good and no news is good news.  Plus, I'm a lazy grouch.  You know this.

This comic had me busting out laughing because the setup for it was perfect.  Obviously, this was made better by the fact that the audience is shown that in the future, Death goes one-on-one with Golem and in the past he faces off against the party of three.  Thus the present had to be different, but how?

The idea of Dracula's own minions inadvertently taking out the calm, collected Death was just priceless in how unexpected, but how logical it was.  It's so rare the audience gets to see Death caught off guard, and this makes it all the more satisfying.  Death is defeated not by heroics but by Darkmoon's cowardice.

On the other hand, Darkmoon and company have to be in the running for the fastest speedrun through the joint.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I am glad you appreciated it! That was a long bit of setup there for the pay off of (what I had hoped would be) a good joke.

And yeah, it's made better by the setup of Death in three different time periods having the same conversation. I was hoping that would play. ;)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly