2013/03/29 [DMFA #1390] Personal space and tentacles

Started by MT Hazard, March 28, 2013, 11:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Cubi and by extension creatures who hang around cubi long enough seem to master the art of stealth clothing removal.

Note:Original title maybe too raunchy, changed.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Form_Goblin

This one made me chuckle.  From the sincere faces at the start, to Dan's look of dawning terror, and Piflak's little grin...

Jasonrevall

Piflak has instantly jumped into my top 20 characters in DMFA.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

joshofspam

Quote from: Strebenherz on March 29, 2013, 12:09:14 AM
This one made me chuckle.  From the sincere faces at the start, to Dan's look of dawning terror, and Piflak's little grin...

Little grin.

Big teeth! >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ishidan

Tuyu

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 28, 2013, 11:53:32 PM
...the art of stealth clothing removal.
Unfortunately, the more cubi who do that, the more I believe there must be a class on that subject.

Makes it a little less special.

But such a beautiful smile.

I wonder if Dan is still wearing the belt.

ishidan

and now I'm searching the archives to find out if there's any evidence our favorite adventurer goes commando...that tends to add a whole new level of awkward to a de-pantsuing.

AmberCross

There is almost definitely a class on this. Only question is if it's supposed to be for seduction type stuff or prank type stuff. Just off the top of my head I recall Abel doing it twice (once to Dan's pants, once to Aryana's dress), Oolong the once, Kria once or twice (does it count if she just rips it to shreds?), Mink got Tape's shirt, and now Piflak. If I didn't know better I'd suspect Amber just likes drawing guys less than fully dressed, but that'd be silly.

Also Dan has gone without clothes quite a number of times, from when he took out a horde due to loincloth slippage to when he first met Cyra and walked out of his room without pants. So yes, I would say there is plenty of evidence he goes commando, though whether he likes to or not is up to debate.

Prroul

The more the 'vamp act', the more certain I am that she's trying to work up to something. And no, not the obvious.

She's over thirty thousand years old, and has a rather draconian limitation on children for her clan, and her clan is so terrified of her that she's never had to enforce that since she became clan leader.

Think about that for a moment. Think about Abel's dad from his backstory. Think about the Cubi Motto (It seemed like a good idea at the time...), heck look at how Dan reacted to Ms. Soulstealer at her party, in spite of the fact that he saw her as an occasionally creepy and stalker-rific individual. Were it not for the fire, they may well have advanced to that point.

And yet in how many thousands of years, has that never happened? Scary enough to be an instant mood-killer when that thought comes up? Also, don't forget the pie that Mink may or may not have had a slice of.

Yes, she is being cute and adorable. Because she wants to be cute and adorable. However, when dealing with such Creatures, one must never forget the talons under the velvet gloves.

Having said that, I'm also male enough to have a bit of envy for Dan's current position. Being vamped can be so very much fun...

AzureEdge

Finally made myself an account so I could comment . And it was the situation on this page that made me do so.

The current situation Dan is in becomes much more disturbing when you realize that Piflak is more then 4 times the age of his grandmother.

MT Hazard

And yet if the gender where reversed it would be less funny. (Yes, that again)

It would be kind of neat if Dan broke free, vaulted over Pif (using her head) and landed, now wearing his pants again. Don't think he's quite that skill level yet.

Also, links for your convenience

De-pantsu!

De-Dresssu!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prroul on March 29, 2013, 02:38:54 AM
She's over thirty thousand years old, and has a rather draconian limitation on children for her clan, and her clan is so terrified of her that she's never had to enforce that since she became clan leader.

I don't think ruling by fear works very well for a clan leader - remember Zezzuva's sister.  I think it's perhaps more likely that they (have been brought up to?) agree with her viewpoint.

Your point that 'Cubi are impulsive and liable to think with their loins instead of their heads is a good one, but they do have magical contraception.  Fa'Lina has basically the same stricture inside the Academy so it's likely that it's become an ingrained habit after 400 years there unless the aim is explicitly to have a child.

EDIT: That said, no - you would not want to get on her wrong side.

Quote from: AzureEdge on March 29, 2013, 02:57:07 AM
Finally made myself an account so I could comment . And it was the situation on this page that made me do so.

The current situation Dan is in becomes much more disturbing when you realize that Piflak is more then 4 times the age of his grandmother.

Welcome aboard.  That has been considered before - personally, I think that the taboo we have with that here is because people deteriorate with age.  I suspect that it's less of an issue in a world where some people can stay in their 20s for a thousand years or more.
You could say the same about Abel and Jyrras, for example, or Highlander...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tuyu

Quote from: AmberCross on March 29, 2013, 01:22:53 AM
...Kria once or twice (does it count if she just rips it to shreds?)...
Only if you count it a 'fail'--it's like pulling the tablecloth off a fully set table.

And doing it to yourself definitely doesn't count.  :mowtongue:

So yes, I would say there is plenty of evidence he goes commando, though whether he likes to or not is up to debate.
But he also has a history of taking precautions after something like that happens (i.e., the high-heeled shoes), and I could almost swear there's a comic with him in underpants.

Tapewolf

One of the things I was a little worried about was that Tri-wings might lose their sense of fun in the ascension, or after tens of thousands of years of administrating their clans.  If Piflak is anything to go by, that's not necessarily the case, which is good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 29, 2013, 05:04:25 PM
One of the things I was a little worried about was that Tri-wings might lose their sense of fun in the ascension, or after tens of thousands of years of administrating their clans.  If Piflak is anything to go by, that's not necessarily the case, which is good.

I think quite the opposite of that, cause when your practically one of the most powerful cubi I think you can have a little fun with others, and who's to say administering a clan is boring?
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Nino

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 29, 2013, 06:46:54 AM

Huh? So it wasn't funny when Abel removed Aary's dress that one time? Because I thought that was hilarious!

Also I thought this was hilarious too; I actually laughed out loud. Amber's been on a roll with the funny lately.

joshofspam

Quote from: Nino on March 29, 2013, 09:31:49 PM

Huh? So it wasn't funny when Abel removed Aary's dress that one time? Because I thought that was hilarious!

Also I thought this was hilarious too; I actually laughed out loud. Amber's been on a roll with the funny lately.

Of course Dan is no stranger to losing items of clothing. In fact, it seems like it's an occupational hazard for him....As well as others. :P

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_128.php
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

LionHeart

Quote from: Tuyu on March 29, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
So yes, I would say there is plenty of evidence he goes commando, though whether he likes to or not is up to debate.
But he also has a history of taking precautions after something like that happens (i.e., the high-heeled shoes), and I could almost swear there's a comic with him in underpants.
That would be this one, where he had to lose his pants after Abel threw up on him.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

psilorder

Quote from: Nino on March 29, 2013, 09:31:49 PM

That is a largely different situation tho.
Simply reversing the genders would have a male tri-wing holding a female cubi atleast somewhat against her will (i'm sure Dan would at least want to be let down) and pulling of her pants with her not really able to retaliate.

Amber Williams

Quote from: psilorder on March 30, 2013, 07:04:15 PM
That is a largely different situation tho. Simply reversing the genders would have a male tri-wing holding a female cubi atleast somewhat against her will (i'm sure Dan would at least want to be let down) and pulling of her pants with her not really able to retaliate.

To be fair, in that situation it would be Quoar since he's the only male tri-wing. And not a lot of ladies would like to retaliate.  Rawr. :U

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 30, 2013, 09:41:21 PM
To be fair, in that situation it would be Quoar since he's the only male tri-wing. And not a lot of ladies would like to retaliate.  Rawr. :U

Somehow, I don't think Quoar would need to play the sort of cheerful game that Piflak is playing.  He looks like a very smooth customer.

(I were to give him a voice, it'd be Malcolm McDowell).

Daet

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 30, 2013, 09:41:21 PM

I can think of a number of gentlemen who would be of the same opinion.  :mowwink
Either help fix it or quit complaining.