2013/03/25 [DMFA #1389] Bribery: It gets you everywhere

Started by VAE, March 24, 2013, 11:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

And cheaply too, as long as it's warp-aci or Russians during the Soviet times. (for those, it were chewing gums which were rather surprisingly rare in the USSR.  Our folks who went there for a trip quickly discovered our gums make for a very good means to curry favours.

Last not the least, Piflak's cute.  :B
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do get the feeling that Dan's take on it is "you could have asked _me_..."; although perhaps that's projection. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jasae Bushae

PFFFFFFT
so falina expected the lust clan leader to find him first? XD
golly, that promises some interesting things X3

kudos to those who guessed it was piflak XD that robe style suits her ^^

and squee~ candy currency!
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Giul

With all the clan leaders showing up, I hope we get to see Quaor. Not only is he illusive, and looks pretty cool to boot. He also has a love for adventuring, which would be cool to down, but he has the duality persona. All the hoopla surrounding Abel is increased by the fact he has dual eyes, so it would be interesting to get his take.

Also I love looking back at Mink's report and noticing the upgrades in art from then to now.

joshofspam

Ah, the lady of perfection makes her entrance.

Wooh, look at those claws.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Wanderer

Her wings are black. How odd. They don't match Mink's report.

Daet

Candy bribery FTW!!!  :mowcookie

Also I love Dan's "What just happened?" expression while Piflak holds him like a rag doll.  :mowdizzy
Either help fix it or quit complaining.

Lying Foo

Quote from: Wanderer on March 25, 2013, 12:28:48 AM

Seme's wings turned black after the death of Siar.  Piflak probably reacted the same way to the death of Talliopa.

I will say, she seems a lot more dignified here than I expected from her portrait.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Zebra Bug

Whoa. I thought for a fleeting moment that it might be Piflak, but discounted it because of the wing color in Mink's report. I knew there would be a plot twist.  :mowhappy So...wow. She looks sorta hot. Really nice looking. And I love how she is mooshing Dan's cheeks. And smart too. Much easier to just bribe the Warp Aci....they are easily bought too. XD

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Nino

In before "Cubi are shapeshifters you moron" image post.

If I were a Cubi I'd be in Piflak's clan. I love the idea of living a long lifespan focused on hard work and building technical skills. I also love her bear paws and ears. SO adorable. I do want to know what's with the red dot on the forehead. Is it connected to a culture or religion (Hinduism?)? Could Piflak have talked to a human at some point?

I had a question about Piflak actually. If you were in her clan and had a kid without getting permission, if it was with another Cubi, could you transfer the kid to your spouse's clan and avoid death? I'd like to think that rule is in place because Piflak is just trying to prevent having her power split too many ways, but it's something I'd be interested in knowing. The fact that she kills you if she senses the kid when it comes of age makes me think this may be true too... if it were in another clan by that point, she might not sense it.

edit: anyone else notice the lack of snarky title today in the header of the homepage?

ishidan

Quote from: VAE on March 24, 2013, 11:54:43 PM
And cheaply too, as long as it's warp-aci or Russians during the Soviet times. (for those, it were chewing gums which were rather surprisingly rare in the USSR.  Our folks who went there for a trip quickly discovered our gums make for a very good means to curry favours.

Last not the least, Piflak's cute.  :B

When I read that, my eyes apparently got bored and jumped around like Mink on a double cappucino, which ended off combining the words "gum" and "curry"in a most interesting fashion.

Rafe

Piflak does have an interesting look.  With her clan symbol on her forehead like that, dark hair and her sari-like robes, she has a kind of Hindi/Asian-Subcontinent look.  Looks like someones doting, cheek-pinching Indian auntie.  I like her already.
Rafe

Inumo

Quote from: Rafe on March 25, 2013, 02:43:13 AM
Piflak does have an interesting look.  With her clan symbol on her forehead like that, dark hair and her sari-like robes, she has a kind of Hindi/Asian-Subcontinent look.  Looks like someones doting, cheek-pinching Indian auntie.  I like her already.

That's not her clan symbol on her forehead, I don't think... Based on her clan leader page though, she is definitely going for an Indian style.

Nino

Quote from: Inumo on March 25, 2013, 03:10:07 AM

That's not her clan symbol on her forehead, I don't think... Based on her clan leader page though, she is definitely going for an Indian style.

Maybe she was the original inspiration for a Hindu god! But yeah, not her clan symbol - not just the mark itself is wrong, but the  position as well. All leaders have their symbol on their chests (and can hide them).

I really love her robe. I love ponchos like that, and they're such an elegant solution to having six wings but looking covered enough to be professionally dressed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nino on March 25, 2013, 04:16:38 AM
Maybe she was the original inspiration for a Hindu god! But yeah, not her clan symbol - not just the mark itself is wrong, but the  position as well. All leaders have their symbol on their chests (and can hide them).

I may be wrong, but I think that if they don't have the symbol, that usually means it's an avatar.

Interesting that Piflak has paw-pads - I don't think I've seen that on a DMFA character before.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

The first thing I noticed about Piflak is that she has something no other character that's appeared in the comic so far has had: paw pads.
However, I'd have to go digging through the archives to be completely of sure of this, but I think this is the first time such an anatomical feature has been present and clearly visible.

Also, Piflak is quite beautiful, and I'm glad that robe doesn't completely cover her elegant belly dancer body.  I agree with others that the red dot on Piflak's head does appear to be part of a Hindu-like culture.  Then again, who else besides Amber knows what Furrae's cultures are like and how much they resemble Earth cultures?  Furrae could have cultures that resemble a mixture of more than one Earth culture, for instance.

Icon by Sunblink

Eboreg

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 25, 2013, 04:44:38 AM
Then again, who else besides Amber knows what Furrae's cultures are like and how much they resemble Earth cultures?  Furrae could have cultures that resemble a mixture of more than one Earth culture, for instance.

This is the world where characters freely reference MacGyver, Harry Potter, and Dr. Who. I'd say the culture is similar in many ways.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

icarus

piflak is killing me with cute in that face panel
still pulling for kish'ta

kish'ta  clan members clearly pair up with undead to come up with the BEST movies

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Techcubi

Maybe Amber changed her mind, and decided Black wings looked better? Or, she just likes changing her wing colors to whatever looks best at the time?

Edit: Or, maybe what Lying Foo said?

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mermidion

Cheerio!

I really really hope he meets Quoar. or at least that he made an appearance. i just read through all the Clan leader pages...and he is the only male one? Seriously? don't get me wrong ,i am not sexist or something its just that i hope that Dan becomes a Clan Leader one day. just to make it a little bit more balanced.

Also my first Post .Can't believe i am following the adventures of Dan and Mab and only just now joined the Forum.

oh yeah and Piflak has nice Paws.i like the claws. wondering what she wants from Dan since his clan isn't really big or Powerful at all (since it only got 2 to 3 members.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mermidion on March 25, 2013, 10:00:21 AM
I really really hope he meets Quoar. or at least that he made an appearance. i just read through all the Clan leader pages...and he is the only male one? Seriously? don't get me wrong ,i am not sexist or something its just that i hope that Dan becomes a Clan Leader one day. just to make it a little bit more balanced.

He's the only surviving male one.  There were others before the wars.  I'm not sure we'll see him, though - I'm not sure he sends a rep to the meetings, though he does send an envoy to Fa'Lina every millennium, I think.

It has been speculated that Abel might get to meet him (having many of the characteristics of Quoar clan), but we'll have to see.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chairtastic

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Okay, fanboy geeking out is done.  Yay, Piflak is the first one to appear!  I was hoping, but didn't want to jinx it.  Insert geeking out on her fashion and paws and wings.  They seem 'fuller' than her image, but cubi are shapeshifters.  Given she has only two bindhi, if that is indeed what they are, it could indicate this avatar is 2/3rds of Piflak.  Or it could be fashion, she is quite fashionable.  Oh, what the hell, she might not ever appear onscreen again.  And a-one, and a-two, and a-

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sunblink

oh my god.

Guys. Guys. I love Piflak so much. What an attitude.

She seems like the kind of person who'd laugh off anyone attacking her for her weight before outclassing them in some kind of musical instrument and in a dance competition and in everything else because she's just better than you.

joshofspam

Quote from: Sunblink on March 25, 2013, 01:02:12 PM
oh my god.

Guys. Guys. I love Piflak so much. What an attitude.

She seems like the kind of person who'd laugh off anyone attacking her for her weight before outclassing them in some kind of musical instrument and in a dance competition and in everything else because she's just better than you.
I like her too and I can see her laughing something off like that in such a way.

Though when I read her clans description and see her here, I can't help but think she could take said instrument and dance moves and beat someone two ways to Tuesday if the mood was suiting her and still look just as classy doing that instead.

I like how Fa'lina and Piflak are giving Dan the grandmothers treatment here. :3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Form_Goblin

Quote from: Lying Foo on March 25, 2013, 12:37:20 AM

Seme's wings turned black after the death of Siar.  Piflak probably reacted the same way to the death of Talliopa.

I will say, she seems a lot more dignified here than I expected from her portrait.
That and Fa'Lina wearing black without any explanation.  Probably a sign of mourning respect from Fa'Lina to Piflak or something like that...
I love this little random hug segue at any rate.  It's a cute bit of characterization, and a fun way to learn more about Piflak.

Ignuus66

Quote from: VAE on March 24, 2013, 11:54:43 PM
Ah yes, I remember the stories of one of my relatives who smuggled chewing gum in from Austria (later on it was computer parts)

(credit: Gabi)

Tuyu

Quote from: Nino on March 25, 2013, 04:16:38 AM
Quote from: Inumo on March 25, 2013, 03:10:07 AM

I really love her robe. I love ponchos like that, and they're such an elegant solution to having six wings but looking covered enough to be professionally dressed.
I, for one, would like to express thanks that she isn't wearing the same outfit as in the clan leader page.

I think Dan would share my sentiment if he knew about it. :D

Shadowdancer

...Looks like someones doting, cheek-pinching Indian auntie.  I like her already.

:U  Exactly what I thought!

Also:

King for a day.. 
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

MT Hazard

If cubi at SAIA are One big emotion reading family, it looks like we've found the overly affectionate auntie.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic)